Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    How is pointing out that brewmaster have been the gods of tanking since their release is "being salty" ? It's just the truth .

Just like saying that VDH will never be a mythic progression tank as it is . The core spec is flawed and VDH are incappable of tanking a hard hitting boss for a long time due to their need of being under mitigation to survive anything in challenging content .Wich is impossible to reach .
    im not min maxer - but i wonder about it for example with fiery brand build connected with legendary gloves on r4 legendary - the uptime of dmg reduction on single target should be very high then .

Still seems to early to tell, been smashing out M0 but that is hardily cutting edge content.

Aggro with the SB build has not been an issue. The 5 target cap for most and threat increase and lack of corruption should make it much more manageable this time. Can't see it being a huge problem in mythic dungeons like last tier. In raids it will probably be a none issue anyway.

Staying alive has been fine, been very solid even with the SB build actually. But who knows what this will be like going forward. It would be unfair to even comment on this right now as we can probably solo allot of M0. We seem ok though?

The toolkit we have seems fairly strong for the dungeons. Its felt really good actually to the point i have felt a like wrecking ball. Seem to almost always have something available to me i can use. But we have always had a fairly solid toolkit so no shock! Just these dungeons really do make it shine i think.

My conclusion so far is it's still to early to tell how good we will be but can speculate a little. We will always be worse than monks for progress i think in terms of damage taken/not having HP spike and freaking healers thant kind of thing. Our utility while amazing in M+ will be almost of no use in raid. I can see us raiding the bench till progress is over or being the bottom of the pile for picks. In m+ providing we are not getting 1 shot i think we are going to be very viable due to our toolkit. I actually don't feel as much of a joke tank as i did in BFA. The ability/priority rotation juggling is so fun with vengeance its easily one of the most fun tanks for me when not getting 1 shot, unable to hold aggro or having HP constantly spike to the point its really stressing my healer(s) out. I do wish we had some more control over the fragments though. Sucks to pick them up when you move sometimes.

Only levelled a druid so far and the DH (the DH being main). Have ran M0 on both toons and they have done the same content at the moment. The druid does not feel as good to play, or as strong even than the DH right now. I have also not tried the other build going around, and ofc not crafted my legendary yet. The other build does look solid on paper though will try it out for raid i never liked running it in M+ unless i got to the point i was taking so much damage i had to.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2020-12-03 at 12:53 PM.

All those non-beleivers and yet veng is represented in world first race and not by a single guild. I assume we will be getting nerfs in coming week(s) and heavy nerfs at 9.1 or 9.1.5
    Last edited by Tinary; 2020-12-16 at 07:20 AM.

Too soon to tell on whether we are OP, but we are definitely stronger for Raids this expansion, just by having better cooldowns between Demonic and Fiery Brand. But, a large part of why we're taken on World First is more that Havoc is not doing well right now and someone's gotta bring the +Magic Debuff.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Currently tanking for my guild as a Veng DH and man we take so much damage and our self healing has taken a huge hit. My self healing is neglible at best. Soon as I heal up whatever I heal, I immediately get chunked down. Since they nerfed Vengs self healing, they need to do something to counter it....like take our active mitigation off such a long cooldown. We have the lowest uptime of our active mitigation by far and we're in leather armor. Our self healing is mediocre at best, our single target dmg is horrible, our AoE while good only shows on AoE trash packs, we have barely any CD abilities that shine like most of the other tanks. We need some love big time. If they increased our self healing some, that would be a great start, or lower the CD on our spikes.
    Last edited by Extremities; 2020-12-20 at 09:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremities View Post
    Currently tanking for my guild as a Veng DH and man we take so much damage and our self healing has taken a huge hit. My self healing is neglible at best. Soon as I heal up whatever I heal, I immediately get chunked down. Since they nerfed Vengs self healing, they need to do something to counter it....like take our active mitigation off such a long cooldown. We have the lowest uptime of our active mitigation by far and we're in leather armor. Our self healing is mediocre at best, our single target dmg is horrible, our AoE while good only shows on AoE trash packs, we have barely any CD abilities that shine like most of the other tanks. We need some love big time. If they increased our self healing some, that would be a great start, or lower the CD on our spikes.
    You are doing something wrong. Both of the top guilds in the world are using VDH in the mythic race. If you go to the M+ leaderboards, almost every high key completed has a VDH. If you feel squishy don't copy paste the Spirit Bomb build, and instead use the fiery brand build. Demon Spikes uptime is fine considering you also have Demonic procs to work with. Our damage is completely bonkers running the sigil legendary with Elyssian Decree from Kyrian. We may not be the smoothest to heal, but we have all the tools we need to survive in the hardest content available.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Or your healers aren't doing their jobs, but we're not supposed to heal for *all* of our damage taken. Echoing bloodwulf a bit but: AP heals aren't nothing. Use Soul Cleave, and the Fiery Brand Legendary is kinda ridiculous for defense as well. Don't go a full damage build and then complain that your healers can't keep up. Your first priority as a tank is to survive. Once you hit that survival line, THEN max damage.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Or your healers aren't doing their jobs, but we're not supposed to heal for *all* of our damage taken. Echoing bloodwulf a bit but: AP heals aren't nothing. Use Soul Cleave, and the Fiery Brand Legendary is kinda ridiculous for defense as well. Don't go a full damage build and then complain that your healers can't keep up. Your first priority as a tank is to survive. Once you hit that survival line, THEN max damage.
    Exactly. I went with the Sigil Lego because right now the most my guild is doing is 10s and my survival is fine. Once we push harder im going to grab the Fiery Brand Lego for ultimate godmode. Keeping a massive damage reduction up for that long is just huge.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.