Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    leonis's posting history.
    Great, let's see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things I'm struggling with:

Both the Republican and Democractic candiate have sexual assault allegations looming over their heads. Both have documented incidents of sexual misconduct and being part of/enabling a culture that objectified women.

Republicans say "ooo, you guys have a groper as a candidate, ironic"

Democrats say, "oh yeah, well yours is worse"

Both candidates are gross though. Numbers don't matter. Everyone Republicans have no problem voting for sexists, racists, crooks, pedophiles, etc. So saying "you guys voted for a rapist" means nothing.

Democrats hold themselves to a higher standard. Poor moral standards are disqualifiers during a primary and will even land you a volunatary resignation no matter how long ago something happened - even coming off as prudish at times.

If Katie Hill was a Republican, Republicans would have told everyone to STFU and mind their own business. The Ethics Committee would have been dragged on every right-wing outlet, Hill would've gotten a very lucrative book deal. Democratic leadership abandoned her, passively-aggressively shamed her, and ultimately led to her resignation.

Al Frankin's name was dragged through the mud because of a joke. He was thrown under the bus before there was any sort of investigation. It just goes to show how the party deals with anything surrounding sex.

Blue political campaigns have focused on zeroing in on any and every character flaw the opposition might have had. Whether they ever whistled a woman to that one night they drunk texted their ex. Democrats have adopted the mantle of the purist and if you say people make mistakes or question allegations you're a deplorable enabler. Whatever, practice what you preach though.

The party spent a lot of time and energy into 'cleaning out' politics. Their own, opposition, potential candidates, doesn't matter if you didn't pass their standards you were shamed and canceled left and right.

Enter Joe Biden. A little over a year ago, know what we were talking about? Joe Biden and his past trespasses. The man has dozens of allegations against him. We have some on camera, we have written statements, we have him perpetuating a sexist culture during the SCOTUS confirmation. Biden being a touchy creepy unapologetic old man. Yet the argument for him is to plug your nose, cover your eyes, fold your ears and vote for the man because he isn't Trump. There is so much wrong with the way Biden's past is being swept under the under rug.

Sometimes in life, you have to choose the lesser evil when you have no other options. The thing is though, there were tons of options to choose from before Biden. Joe's past didn't just spring up out of nowhere. He wasn't the only Democrat who threw his name into the basket. He wasn't the most qualified, the most charismatic, or the only one who polled over Trump. And yet the party still presented him to the nation as you have to pick the red devil or the blue one?

There were so many options but people are just supposed to roll over and take this one. The one who has been the antithesis of the direction (and the supposed direction of the DNC) the country has been going the last couple of years.

Its the hypocrisy and illusion of choice that disengages voters. Shit with flies and shit with that was sprayed with Febreze is still shit. And if history repeats itself its how bad people come to power after people no longer feel that powers that be serve their interests.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Things I'm struggling with:

Both the Republican and Democractic candiate have sexual assault allegations looming over their heads. Both have documented incidents of sexual misconduct and being part of/enabling a culture that objectified women.

Republicans say "ooo, you guys have a groper as a candidate, ironic"

Democrats say, "oh yeah, well yours is worse"

Both candidates are gross though. Numbers don't matter. Everyone Republicans have no problem voting for sexists, racists, crooks, pedophiles, etc. So saying "you guys voted for a rapist" means nothing.

Democrats hold themselves to a higher standard. Poor moral standards are disqualifiers during a primary and will even land you a volunatary resignation no matter how long ago something happened - even coming off as prudish at times.

If Katie Hill was a Republican, Republicans would have told everyone to STFU and mind their own business. The Ethics Committee would have been dragged on every right-wing outlet, Hill would've gotten a very lucrative book deal. Democratic leadership abandoned her, passively-aggressively shamed her, and ultimately led to her resignation.

Al Frankin's name was dragged through the mud because of a joke. He was thrown under the bus before there was any sort of investigation. It just goes to show how the party deals with anything surrounding sex.

Blue political campaigns have focused on zeroing in on any and every character flaw the opposition might have had. Whether they ever whistled a woman to that one night they drunk texted their ex. Democrats have adopted the mantle of the purist and if you say people make mistakes or question allegations you're a deplorable enabler. Whatever, practice what you preach though.

The party spent a lot of time and energy into 'cleaning out' politics. Their own, opposition, potential candidates, doesn't matter if you didn't pass their standards you were shamed and canceled left and right.

Enter Joe Biden. A little over a year ago, know what we were talking about? Joe Biden and his past trespasses. The man has dozens of allegations against him. We have some on camera, we have written statements, we have him perpetuating a sexist culture during the SCOTUS confirmation. Biden being a touchy creepy unapologetic old man. Yet the argument for him is to plug your nose, cover your eyes, fold your ears and vote for the man because he isn't Trump. There is so much wrong with the way Biden's past is being swept under the under rug.

Sometimes in life, you have to choose the lesser evil when you have no other options. The thing is though, there were tons of options to choose from before Biden. Joe's past didn't just spring up out of nowhere. He wasn't the only Democrat who threw his name into the basket. He wasn't the most qualified, the most charismatic, or the only one who polled over Trump. And yet the party still presented him to the nation as you have to pick the red devil or the blue one?

There were so many options but people are just supposed to roll over and take this one. The one who has been the antithesis of the direction (and the supposed direction of the DNC) the country has been going the last couple of years.

Its the hypocrisy and illusion of choice that disengages voters. Shit with flies and shit with that was sprayed with Febreze is still shit. And if history repeats itself its how bad people come to power after people no longer feel that powers that be serve their interests.
    Except, as we've seen, part of that narrative from you is a fucking lie. You keep trying to blame the "establishment" for alleged slights that never actually happened. You pushed the same bullshit when trying to say that Harris was railroaded in favor of Bloomberg. You claimed the DNC pushed her off the stage, when that never happened. As it stands, people simply chose Biden. I get that the Sanders people really wanted more people to stay in past Super Tuesday, but it didn't transpire. Bernie is not a victim, none of the candidates are.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    He wasn't the only Democrat who threw his name into the basket. He wasn't the most qualified, the most charismatic, or the only one who polled over Trump. And yet the party still presented him to the nation as you have to pick the red devil or the blue one?

The meandering before this aside. This sounds like erasure of voters. "Biden didn't win the primary because he was more popular and got more votes. He won because that is what the party decided it" or so it reads from what you are writing

Seems to be a common belief among the left that people can't make decisions unless they vote for THEIR candidate o and do stuff they want.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2020-04-30 at 04:19 AM.

Why is Joe Biden not facing any backlash for the Howard Stern endorsement? Remember Rogangate?

The day after Columbine, Stern was talking about how hot one of the girls looked on the security cameras while she was running away from the gunmen, but his endorsement wasn’t problematic. Meanwhile, Rogan’s endorsement is problematic because he endorsed Bernie said that trans women shouldn’t be allowed to compete in female fighting sports
    Last edited by Telogrus; 2020-04-30 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsi2024 View Post
    Why is Joe Biden not facing any backlash for the Howard Stern endorsement? Remember Rogangate?
    I did not agree with the whole Rogan endorsement fiasco but there is a difference between being endorsed by someone (something you don't control) and parading that endorsement (something you have full control of). People took issue with Bernie when he proudly stated that Rogan had endorsed him.

10+ Year Old Account

The day after Columbine, Stern was talking about how hot one of the girls looked on the security cameras while she was running away from the gunmen, but his endorsement wasn’t problematic. Meanwhile, Rogan’s endorsement is problematic because he endorsed Bernie said that trans women shouldn’t be allowed to compete in female fighting sports
    Ask the people freaking out? I have no clue what you are talking about...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Ask the people freaking out? I have no clue what you are talking about...
    During the primaries, Democrats were using Joe Rogan’s endorsement of Bernie as a cheap attack against Bernie because Rogan wasn’t woke/liberal enough for them, but surprise surprise, when someone way more misogynistic and insensitive than Rogan endorses Biden, they don’t give a fuck. Just yet another blatant double standard for Democrats

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I vote one should be, "Stop Spreading Lies."

Repeat it whenever a Trumpster tries to push anything at all. Use it to shut them the fuck up, and use it often.
    I like that. 3 words is not too many, it is simple, strong, and effective. And it will be able to be used ALL THE TIME

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I did not agree with the whole Rogan endorsement fiasco but there is a difference between being endorsed by someone (something you don't control) and parading that endorsement (something you have full control of). People took issue with Bernie when he proudly stated that Rogan had endorsed him.
    Given how Biden himself wanted to be on the Rogan podcast, And in the case of big time Biden backers such as PodsaveAmerica, they recently suggested Biden get on the Rogan podcast. So I am unsure why you people are so two faced about the Joe Rogan thing, but hey, as Tara Reade illustrates, a lot of this is just partisanship and selective outrage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Given how Biden himself wanted to be on the Rogan podcast, And in the case of big time Biden backers such as PodsaveAmerica, they recently suggested Biden get on the Rogan podcast. So I am unsure why you people are so two faced about the Joe Rogan thing, but hey, as Tara Reade illustrates, a lot of this is just partisanship and selective outrage.
    I had to look what PodSaveAmerica is and uh???

I don't listen to their content, from the looks of it they had an interview with Biden but they don't really seem problematic (or at least problematic to normal people inb4 some rando lefty links like a 20 post twitter thread about how they represent corporate america or something like that). I don't really care if they think Biden should go to Joe Rogan. They speak for themselves and not for the Biden campaign.

It seems like you are more focused on tacking hipocrisy than actually saying something meaningful :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I had to look what PodSaveAmerica is and uh???

I don't listen to their content, from the looks of it they had an interview with Biden but they don't really seem problematic (or at least problematic to normal people inb4 some rando lefty links like a 20 post twitter thread about how they represent corporate america or something like that). I don't really care if they think Biden should go to Joe Rogan. They speak for themselves and not for the Biden campaign.

It seems like you are more focused on tacking hipocrisy than actually saying something meaningful :/
    Allegedly the Biden campaign themselves asked to go on, in fact every major democratic contender asked to go on but only Yang, Gabbard and Sanders were considered interesting enough for an interview.

And what are you even talking about? Come on Mittens you can do better.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

During the primaries, Democrats were using Joe Rogan’s endorsement of Bernie as a cheap attack against Bernie because Rogan wasn’t woke/liberal enough for them, but surprise surprise, when someone way more misogynistic and insensitive than Rogan endorses Biden, they don’t give a fuck. Just yet another blatant double standard for Democrats
    Didn't Tulsi get endorsed by the literal leader of the KKK??? XD

You are one to talk about problematic endorsements here

10+ Year Old Account

Unlike Bernie, Biden isnt blasting the Stern on his social media.
    Your Girl Brianna and other leaders on the Bernie campaign chose to promote the Rogan endorsement. The put it on their front page. They blasted to everyone on Bernie's list.
    It was an early reveal of how poorly they and you guys understand how to work a Dem Primary.
    The Rogan endorsement wasn't/isnt worth anything. He brought nothing to Bernie, or Tulsi before that.

They only people making a big deal about these endorsements are you two.
    • You guys have consistently demonstrated a impoverished understanding of voters and politics.
    • The Rogan and Stern endorsements arent worth much.

• Endorsements that matter, Clyburn.
    • Thee end.
    Government Affiliated Snark

I don't see much difference between the way mainstream dems are acting with Biden and republicans with Trump. Does anyone honestly believe that they would have reacted the same if Sanders had the same issues? Whether it was the cognitive issues or sexual assault.

How many times has it been pointed out that republicans would have went crazy if Obama did one of the many crazy/illegal things Trump has done. Same goes with how many are treating Biden right now.

No, I still don't regard dems as being as shitty as republicans, but they sure are trying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Which should indicate that there might be electability / popularity issues with Biden to begin with.
    Essentially the gripes against Joe Rogan mainly boil down to the awful Carlos Maza take, which when you peel back the moral preening is essentially "Rogan isn't a dutiful mouthpiece!" also deep bitter jealousy over Rogan having a way bigger audience. Hell, Yang's campaign probably existed at all because of the Rogan podcast appearance. Deep down the Carlos Maza set are deeply jealous and resentful.

Plus Rogan is essentially your Ur American Male. Appealing to him is essentially taping into the id of a large number of American adults. In a GE it would be pretty potent, heck even in a primary it made Yangs campaign possible and had Bernie not been such a spineless pussy, it would have greatly helped had he not waffled on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Everyone with more of a longterm memory than a goldfish will remember that you were one of the people screeching about the Joe Rogan endorsement and how it meant Bernie Bros were racists / misogynists...
    I'll grant also Milchshake credit, James Clyburn is way more important. Mainly because he runs the last great political machine left in America. No matter what, if Biden wins or loses, Clyburn probably has a good amount of IOU's for patronage for him and his associates for making sure the party establishment held onto power. Win or lose, that guy made out like a bandit.

10+ Year Old Account
    April NBC/WSJ poll: White voters Trump 51% Biden 42%.

I know it’s hard for some of you to swallow but in spite of everything that’s happened, Trump will win white voters...
    Muh Economic Anxiety 2, Electric Bubgalooo

The Silver lining!
    In 2016 Trump won white voters by 20 points & he still lost the pop vote by 3m votes.
    • If Trump wins white voters by 9 points, it’s a bloodbath
    • Dems likely we win FL/GA/OH/IA/AZ/TX
    • Dems flip 6-12 senate seats
    • Win state legislatures, etc
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post

I know it’s hard for some of you to swallow but in spite of everything that’s happened, Trump will win white voters...

The Silver lining!
    In 2016 Trump won white voters by 20 points & he still lost the pop vote by 3m votes.
    Add NC to that list. Now Idk if Dems will be as successful as 6-12 senate seats, there is a lot of real tight races despite trump losing big all over the place, people might vote against trump but vote red down ticket. See Kentucky a few months back. But I could see us picking up about 6 if we're real lucky, we got 2 in the bag with AZ and CO but we'll lose 1, but if we get 6 that will still give Dems the majority. And I also see the Dems picking up a few more house seats, not sure how many but the bigger the cushion the better. And yeah possibly more Governor-ships and Sec-States and other local wins are always good too. Cautiously optimistic, but the election is still a bit away.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post

The Silver lining!
    You know that's a massive drop compared to 2016, around 5 points.
    And frankly at least half of the white vote in the US are borderline glue sniffers who would vote Republican even if that Republican in question is borderline crazy and totally unfit to be out in public, let alone lead a country.
    Just look at the exit polls of 2008 where McCain won the white voters 55 to 43 which was after the previous Republican president destroyed multiply countries including the US.

Why is Joe Biden not facing any backlash for the Howard Stern endorsement?
    Because Howard Stern hasn't been relevant for a decade?