Quote Originally Posted by Leobald View Post
    Wouldn't this be automatic recount territory? So no real decision either way?
    Possibly. But forcing Trump to fight for Georgia, a red state, narrows the chance for him to steal the election.

It doesn't matter TBH. Perdue will be in runoff territory. We're looking at the 2 most expensive senate races in history in January.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump needs to win Pennsylvania or it's over. He can win every other state but still wouldn't get him past 270

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    i hope hes right
    still very nervous about arizona closing in, AP gonna get in alot of trouble calling it early for biden if trump edges out
    Might not even matter, if Penn State goes to Biden. And the math seems to be there for the Biden Team.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is no requirement for the States to deliver the results ASAP. It's generally accepted that it'll be a week or more before an official count is finalized, and that's been the case for every single election the USA has ever had.

The only difference is that the lead's usually significant enough that it's easier to call earlier in the race. This is a nail-biter not because vote counting is slow, but because the race is so close.
    Your right, it's just awful having a sinking feeling in your gut for 48+ hours.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    i hope hes right
    still very nervous about arizona closing in, AP gonna get in alot of trouble calling it early for biden if trump edges out
    Yeah I'm worried about this too, it's going to be a mess if/when Biden picks up one of the other states and people think it's over and then Arizona possibly flips.

Nothing to do about it now I guess.

I'm just sad it's as close it is regardless, not necessarily surprised, but sad nonetheless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Am I right in saying that if Biden wins PA, AZ and NV no longer matter?

253 + 20 = 273 right?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

253 + 20 = 273 right?
    Yep Trump needs PA

Quote Originally Posted by passingthrew View Post
    Your right, it's just awful having a sinking feeling in your gut for 48+ hours.
    Just 48 hours? I've been trying to get rid of it since November 9th, 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    So Trump needs to win Pennsylvania or it's over. He can win every other state but still wouldn't get him past 270
    he needs to win pennsylvania, but that won't be enough for him to win. if he loses pennsylvania it'll be enough for biden to win.

253 + 20 = 273 right?
    Trump has no path to victory without PA. He has four remaining, and has to win PA in all of them.

I broke it down a page or so ago.

253 + 20 = 273 right?
    Yep. If Biden wins PA, he is the next President of the United States.

What does Trump mean with "Big legal win" in Pennsylvania?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Just 48 hours? I've been trying to get rid of it since November 9th, 2016.
    Fair point lol

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    What does Trump mean with "Big legal win" in Pennsylvania?
    If it was anything of substance we'd be hearing about it.

God damn almost 90% of the electorate of Wisconsin came out to vote! How about that!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Recounts very rarely change the results though. So yes, it can delay the results, but it likely won't change them. That is why the Biden camp feels very comfortable about Wisconsin, which is definitely going to a recount. Biden won Wisconsin, so if you just count all the votes again, you will just find that Biden won Wisconsin.

Recounts only change anything if they uncover serious issues with the voting process, and right now there aren't any serious allegations of that (I said serious ones, not counting crackpots on Twitter here).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you'd also be right in saying that if Biden wins AZ and NV, PA no longer matters.

Throw in Georgia while you're at it.

The fact of the matter is, Biden's standing is stronger if you only look at the states that have been finalized. Trump's standing is stronger if you look at those that haven't. Trump leads in too many undecided states by too much, and NV's silence is increasingly disturbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    he needs to win pennsylvania, but that won't be enough for him to win. if he loses pennsylvania it'll be enough for biden to win.
    That's what i meant. Trump needs Pennsylvania and needs to "flip" Nevada. Keep counting people in PA. The sooner the world is done with Trump the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, you'd also be right in saying that if Biden wins AZ and NV, PA no longer matters.

Throw in Georgia while you're at it.

The fact of the matter is, Biden's standing is stronger if you only look at the states that have been finalized. Trump's standing is stronger if you look at those that haven't. Trump leads in too many undecided states by too much, and NV's silence is increasingly disturbing.
    If AZ doesn't flip, then Biden needs any of the remaining states. It doesn't actually matter which one. A win in Georgia, Nevada, Pennsylvania, or North Carolina would work. The only one that wouldn't actually help is Alaska, but that isn't seriously in play anyway.