Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Trump is apparently going to speak at 6:30. This shit is going to be bananas, calling it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I agree. If Trump loses, I like Dem chances in the run offs. GOP voters will show up, but a chunk of them, some real Trump acolytes that aren’t usually political engaged outside of ‘Trump’ won’t show up.
    God I hope you are right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is apparently going to speak at 6:30. This shit is going to be bananas, calling it now.
    Didn’t he pull that same nonsense last night and... also say nothing of value, insight, or consequence?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    That's mindboggling from an EU perspective. Why isnt everybody entitled to an ID card?
    Ask the Republicans. Everyone else wants free, government-issued IDs.

Definitely game over -
    https://www.votespa.com/About-Electi...Dashboard.aspx

Philly and it's suburbs haven't started reporting MIV yet.

I worry that it will be a call to action to his cult of some kind.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Ask the Republicans. Everyone else wants free, government-issued IDs.
    That should be a federal order, not something up for yeehaaws to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    That's mindboggling from an EU perspective. Why isnt everybody entitled to an ID card? It's mandatory and thus free of charge all over the EU. ID cards and passports are biometric and the only acceptable ID and travel documents.
    our country is freaking backwards my man.

Just a question, can Trump still be impeached (again?)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    I am from the EU, can somebody from the USA explain those mail in votes?

Are those votes send out by the mail man to adresses, and afterward you can just send it back by mail to a government adres? is this the way it works?
    Or people on vacation still need to do the normal voting but its send back to the state they live in?
    It depends on each person/states. When someone requests a mail-in ballot online through their respective SBoE, they have to provide an identification number which includes either driver's license # or Passport. When they print out this paper, each of them has a unique barcode which belongs to the individual who requested it.

In some cases, for those who requested mail-in ballot, if their issued identification card is under 6 months, they have to provide a copy of their identification card along with ballot and send it in. If you are living in a different state temp, that what they'd request normally. Unless you live abroad, then you can vote online (differ case by cases).

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    And now Trump is going to speak to the country.

Expecting Trump to go Full Metal Fascist at 6:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I’d be interested to know if the senate run-off political ads for GOP senate-hopefuls/incumbents were painting them as pro-trump, or instead “avoided the subject of trump.”
    That too. Anecdotally the Republican Senator ran pro-Trump my state. But he was crazy anyways but did hold a Congressional seat before. He lost by 5% and it was suppose tightening.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post

Better for him to do that on live TV for us to look at and see than to do something smart and have him plan some huge attack to try and start a major conflict to try and stay in power during the emergency and abuse any other emergency powers on those against him.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I worry that it will be a call to action to his cult of some kind.
    I had CNN on for a bit. They were basically talking about how trump had been locked in a room and mostly kept off twitter. Everyone was talking about how worried people were that he would cause some sort of violence if he was tweeting. I am expecting it to be unhinged and dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY
    Boo!!! So much........ Booo!

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post

Trump is not speaking to the country. Once again he will speak to his fanatics and incite divide among our country.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Trump will do an "I won" speech. He'll likely incite violence and declare the whole election fraudulent.

Cue the shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    What country are you from? France?

France replaced mail in voting by Proxy voting. Essentially giving someone else via the power of attorney the right to vote on their behalf.

It is probably not as widely practiced as mail in voting but technically you could just authorize your mail man to vote on your behalf.

Proxy voting is exponentially less secure than mail in voting in the sense that while you can authorize someone to cast a ballot on your behalf, you have no means of ensuring they'll cast the ballot you intended them to cast.

There are other problems derived from in person only voting. For example people with reduced mobility or limited access to transportation are denied the vote. France further fails to correct for this as it doesn't use mobile ballot boxes (something other countries do).

There are also differences between how security checks work in the US and France. Voter registration combined with an annual census makes fraud difficult and mass fraud impossible.
    I think mail in is still available in france. At least for legislative elections. Proxy is just much easier. You email your id card and the name of the person who'll vote for you, as well as their id and that's it. Whether you trust that person is your problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Trump will do an "I won" speech. He'll likely incite violence and declare the whole election fraudulent.

Cue the shitshow.
    Trump has to decide.

Either he won or Covid is going away.
    He cant pick two fairytales
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.