Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I see we're at the faithless elector part of this list with the angry Republicans still searching for a win.

omg this is too good. trumpers trying everything for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I like to point how absolutely fucked up this strategy is...
    And I like to point out that people have no clue what they're talking about. You say potato, I say horse apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Neither of his opponents had a message that the majority of Americans decided to vote for (then again, I'm not sure anyone ever has).
    The majority of American voters chose Hillary and Biden... what are you talking about? Trump won via the establishment in lector all college... you keep ignoring that democrats have had the majority of voters for every presidential election in 30 years, excluding one.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Like... Trump is the current president... are you from the future? or you think anyone will care about republicans bitching, after what Trump has pulled?

- - - Updated - - -

They are proud of thinking elections can be stolen.
    Oh, you were limiting it to modern US history, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I hope that now that Joe is president Puerto Rico can be a state
    Only if we win both GA seats then a big nope for GOP fuckery. Larger population then several red states combined gop hate democracy though.

10+ Year Old Account
    State faithless elector laws constitutional........
    And irrelevant, because Trump is a real estate mogul, that will not risk destroying his own corporation... even if he could.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

State faithless elector laws constitutional........
    Which includes laws like replacing faithless electors. This shouldn't be hard to comprehend. But here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you were limiting it to modern US history, sorry.
    That’s what precedent means... the most recent precedent, takes precedence... lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Which includes laws like replacing faithless electors. This shouldn't be hard to comprehend. But here we are.
    But... but... Trump said... Trump said... why would Trump lie? He only wants to help America? lol

Or you just can't understand that some people think a Dem president is worse than Trump.
    people can rationalize supporting anything. even separating children from their families & locking them in cages like animals while simultaneously putting #savethechildren on social media.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they believe people will just pretend the last 4 years didn’t happen... I guess theo already started saying to stop talking about Trump... even though you can still hear the echo of “lock her up” ringing in the air...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and you think defying the will of American people, will work?
    1: The discussion is if faithless electors can legally vote against their pledge, which constitutionally they can. It is up to state laws to prohibit it. 17 states do not have laws against it.
    2: At no point have I said I thought it likely to happen, as that wasn't the debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prohibit and replace. As in, if they vote against their constituency, they get replaced.
    I think it's important to note that they get replaced and their vote gets voided in the process. And this can continue until the newly selected Elector votes according to the State requirement.

This isn't even a case where a faithless elector can dump a vote and get fired and say "Nyah, but my vote is still in". That's not how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    1: The discussion is if faithless electors can legally vote against their pledge, which constitutionally they can. It is up to state laws to prohibit it. 17 states do not have laws against it.
    2: At no point have I said I thought it likely to happen, as that wasn't the debate.
    I’m sorry? Did I say anything about likely? You are the one arguing as if it’s legitimate, than refusing to answer based on said legitimacy. lol ridiculous...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I hope that now that Joe is president Puerto Rico can be a state
    Regardless of who is President, this discussion is long overdue.

PR, DC and Guam would make 53, and the field of stars would be 8 7 8 7 8 7 8.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prohibit and replace. As in, if they vote against their constituency, they get replaced.
    Sigh.... Not every state has such laws on the books. Including NY and PA. If the state does not have a law against it, there is no law preventing electors from being unfaithful.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think it's important to note that they get replaced and their vote gets voided in the process. And this can continue until the newly selected Elector votes according to the State requirement.

This isn't even a case where a faithless elector can dump a vote and get fired and say "Nyah, but my vote is still in". That's not how it works.
    Yup. The only thing kellhound has said that's correct in the past few pages is that there aren't enough states with the "replace" laws to get to 270 votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Why didn’t democrats that don’t care about American people, ever suggest it to stop Trump? Why didn’t democrats shit on American people and suggest such a thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    You think that’s a legitimate strategy? You don’t think that devolves democracy and proves every single democrat right?
    Really??????? I said what CAN happen, not what SHOULD happen.

Sigh.... Not every state has such laws on the books. Including NY and PA. If the state does not have a law against it, there is no law preventing electors from being unfaithful.
    I'm not disagreeing with you there. I actually typed post 33797 before I saw this.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about that whole duty and will of the people thing? Don’t you think Trump would never do such a thing, so it’s moot to push it?

Morning, missed anything?
    I see Mr Trump hasn't twatted anymore, guess it was bedtime