Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't see how any of that explains why Trump's extreme focus on his base to the exclusion of swing voters failed to affect his performance. If it's so important for Democrats to sacrifice everything they believe in to appeal to "moderates" then why does the same not apply to Republicans at all? By that conventional "swing voter logic" Trump should be the worst performing candidate ever. I've never even heard of a US Presidential candidate, let alone sitting President, who went out of his way to alienate everyone but his staunchest supporters, openly wiping his ass on everyone else.

I used to believe this stuff too, but the facts are undeniable. The strategy isn't working, Biden may have scraped through this election but the Republicans are going to run nothing but Trump clones from now on, and unless Democrats change their thinking I forsee a lot more razor thin elections decided by the EC or SCOTUS...
    What exactly would Dems have to change their thinking to? They managed to win, despite being the only partly being held accountable for failures/falseties, despite voter suppression and other shenanigans, despite a system stacked against them and despite a massive propaganda machine having a stranglehold over a lot of voters. For some reason, it is constantly understated but this was quite an achievement, imho.

They seem poised to try and get rid of at least some disadvantages, but they will have problems doing that while still adhering to the rules, being more scrutinized by their own voters than Reps ever were and not having as much power as the latter had. I don't know what thinking they could assume to change any of that. Become more like Republicans? Screw the rules, screw ethics, try and make a cult of personality of their own? Go all in on progressiveness and hand over a batch of voters to the Republicans? Idk, I just don't see the thinking the Dems could change to without becoming just as bad as the Reps to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Not by several million.
    If the remaining 33% of CA that hasn't reported breaks for Biden at 64.6% like he has been doing so far, Biden will add another 4.5 MILLION votes in CA alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    The Dems don't have to forsake anything to appease middle voters. The only thing they need to do is actively help out the people working. That's it. No talk of doing stuff. Actively doing stuff. Us workers have been left high and dry since obama. If people like mitch block it. Don't mince words. Don't be civil with it. Tell the people mitch the bitch blocked it. Easy peesy

If the Dems gone full on progressive they risk the pendulum. Swinging back to the right.
    I’m curious what you think “full on progressive” means if you think it’s not the same as helping workers?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Memes are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    Have I missed something, what's suspicious about the number of votes for Trump?
    It could have been a lot more.

2020 surely was the most hyped up election in a long time and still voter turnout was only about 67%. Which means if everyone else voted too Kanye could have tied with both of them.

German politics are much more boring but we had 76% turnout last Bundestag election. But then again everyone eligible to vote is automatically registered, so there's that.

The Dems don't have to forsake anything to appease middle voters. The only think they need to do is actively help out the people working. That's it. No talk of doing stuff. Actively doing stuff. Us workers have been left high and dry since obama. If people like mitch block it. Don't mince words. Don't be civil with it. Tell the people mitch the bitch blocked it. Easy peesy
    And yet, a large chunk of workers will still believe that the Dems just did nothing for them and vote R. Because that's what they did in this election. The relief bill is on Mitch's desk. Everyone who cares enough knows it. Dems have made it clear. Mitch even said that he's not gonna vote on it because Trump is going to veto it.
    Still, workers went out and voted Trump. Do you really think that's just because the Dems were too civil with it? Do you honestly think if Biden stood at a podium and said
    mitch the bitch blocked it.
    then the voters would have gone "Oh, I was going to vote Trump, but now that Biden said it like this, I am totally going to vote for him instead!"?

No, that's just wishful thinking.
    Instead, you will have loads of workers not hearing about that comment at all or only hearing the rude comments and being told that "libs are throwing a tantrum" or something like that by Fox and Sinclair.
    Instead, you will have Mitch and Trump brazenly lying about not being at fault and how the Dem proposal has a ban on burgers on it or something.
    Instead, you will have workers voting for Trump anyway just because he is a Republican and they'd vote for a monkey with a red cap on its head if that was the option with an R next to it.
    And instead you will have a lot of people just choosing not to vote at all because both parties are rude jerks that do not get a relief bill passed.

It just doesn't make much sense. And if it did, that would be a whole new level of depressing. Because the insinuation here would be that workers are incapable of looking at the records of both parties and will go with the one who 'doesn't mince words' and 'isn't civil with it'. Or that they could look at 8 years of Obama and 4 years of Trump, see what each party did for them and only came to the conclusion that Trump is better for them simply because of the messaging employed by the Dems.
    I personally am not yet jaded enough to believe that. There are other, systemic issues that won't be solved easy peesy, but that are at the heart of the issue. Voter apathy and polarization, unchecked propaganda machines and misinformation, an archaic democratic system that leaves many, many Americans effectively voiceless - those are the issues to tackle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Andrew Jackson would like a word.

Reagan also. Reagan is arguably the reason we even got Trump since he set America on this course.
    Or Bush jr. Trump tried hard, but he did not manage to kill more people than Bush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Where the hell is Pence? I don't think I've heard a peep from him for days.
    Praying. Lots of praying. Asking "How did I get to this point?" "What will I do next?" "Mother, should I trust the government?" and most importantly...

..."what is Gritty?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Lots of people out celebrating in Princeton, NJ today. Shit was like the ending of Return of the Jedi. Fucking wild.
    I work north of Philly. Even there, the amount of Gritty Worship was amazing. Coworkers who live in Philly were partying. I can almost see Jawnism becoming a thing with an orange methadone nightmare on blade shoes as it's prophet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What sort of Scott Steiner math is this?

This will always be the best TNA promo ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    By the way, we all could have avoided 4 years of Trump if anyone had simply asked a native from New York or New Jersey about him. We would have told you that he was a lying piece of shit conman, but nooooo... had to find that out for yourselves.
    Everyone already knew that, his supporters simply didn't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is my 5 am tweets? The one day I want that fat fuck to tweet storm, but the bitch been mute for hours... I am honestly disappointed that there is no Trump tweet... the one time... one time... one!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, we all could have avoided 4 years of Trump if anyone had simply asked a native from New York or New Jersey about him. We would have told you that he was a lying piece of shit conman, but nooooo... had to find that out for yourselves.
    I have literally been saying this for 4 years!!! Brooklyn represent!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Trump had existed as part of American culture since the 70s? 80s? People knew exactly who he was was. Other real difference is that he flipped from liberal elite to conservative elite.
    No... a lot of the shit Trump was doing, never made it on the national stage. Then, which I think was part of the tact, he attacked NYC, trying to discredit everything we were saying.

Edit: Trump was never a liberal elite... that’s part of his insecurity. The liberal left never embraced him, he was just mr money bags. He was a NYC elite in the vein of Paris Hilton or Gordon Gekko...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-08 at 01:27 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

4 years of " hes your president! get triggered libtard!,"
    now suddenly its " ok guys lets come together and understand eachothers feelings"

- - - Updated - - -

https://apnews.com/article/f5f6a73b2...816bb35e82c18d

also.... trumps own voter fraud comitee, found.....
    *drumroll* no voter fraud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    now suddenly its " ok guys lets come together and understand eachothers feelings"
    We should start by helping them understand the feeling that clownery merits consequence, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw a Trump rally in my city with a flag stating "Fuck Your Feelings"

I think I might ask than man to borrow his flag. If they hold their weekly Trump hump fest this coming Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I fully expect Pence to run for (and win) the next vacant Senate seat in Indiana.
    Unless he's eyeing 2024 already. If, for some reason, Trump cannot run (say, he's in prison) Pence can easily claim the mantle.

Most people knew, they just don't care. The reality is they simply vote for their party no matter what monster is on offer that time. In most other places his behaviour would be utterly inacceptable and the own party would cut off figures like Trump before their first year in office is over, especially with a "safe" backup VP like mr "shock the gay out of them". In the US the GOP just kept backing him, no matter what heinous shit he spewed and he still was close enough to win again, because apparently it doesn't matter.

But even then, I didn't expect it to be that bad back in 2016. Back when he won he looked like one of the most shocked people about that fact himself. Frankly I think his original bid was just an out of control publicity stunt to raise his value, but after he won his underlying narcissistic pesonality coupled with the importance of his new office made him lose any semblance of control. Not to mention that he isn't exactly the brightest bulb to begin with.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Pete Buttigieg - Secretary of State
    Andrew Yang - Department of Treasury
    plz make it happen
    SecState is a very senior position. Pete has neither the years not the experience. I'm not saying he is not qualified but SecState needs to be someone other countries can take seriously and so tends to go to someone with a more significant resume than having been a mayor.

I can pretty much seem him in some other position in the cabinet, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    The Republican who helped Biden win AZ did it posthumously.

The Republican who helped Biden win Georgia doesn't exist. Stacey Abrams won Georgia for him.
    Don't forget John Lewis.

10+ Year Old Account

I called one out yesterday, after fake crying about listening to Biden and trolling me in the most petulant way... he just changed words while quoting me, to misrepresent what I say, and ran for the hills... they will not change... but they will use your liberal sentiments and get away with all the lying and underhanded bullshit they got away with, while electing Trump. Liberals cannot fall for the economically scared conservative, where the issue is persons living under a bridge, due an income wholly dependent on the tolls from said bridges... it’s not the democrat job to create riddles for them, like Trump’s bigly covafefe...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Unless he's eyeing 2024 already. If, for some reason, Trump cannot run (say, he's in prison) Pence can easily claim the mantle.
    He can’t in the sense of rhetoric... Pence is too much of a dry wall politician. He cannot raise the stakes high enough for QAnon or ‘Biden crime family’.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Pete Buttigieg - Secretary of State
    Andrew Yang - Department of Treasury
    plz make it happen
    Pete is being projected as the head of VA.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I am not disputing that he is better than a roadkill-wearing, senile Baron Harkonnen who is currently doing his best to drag America into a dictatorship.
    I resent your comparison. Baron Harkonnen was an eminently competent politician.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm? Pot calls the kettle black?

Wasn't it Biden who is now urging to spread love and peace to all the 70 millions "racists", "bigots" and "deplorables"?

It's just the usual wheel turning. I, for one, do think that people in US need to take a major chill pill, because you guys can't do this kind of extreme politics shit for long. But I am totally skeptic it will be all flowers and unity there, there is way too much bad blood over these years and I'm not even sure it can ever be repaired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I resent your comparison. Baron Harkonnen was an eminently competent politician.
    I played so much dune on PC decades ago... When I read ‘Harkonnen’, it sounds like the voice from the game, when a unit is complete.