Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    $20 says that all of these stories were written on The Intercept. Either Ryam Grim or Lee Fang, both are awful.
    They were written by Ryan Grim. The shithead that gets his sources thrown in jail for 5 years because he can't be bothered to transcribe the documents provided to him.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I don't believe that's anything but a reporter trying to gain article hits, but those picks would be hilarious.
    Possibly. McCain is working on Biden's transition team so she already has a presence.
    Cindy McCain when asked about joining Biden Cabinet: 'There is a role for Republicans'

"This is an administration that's going to be all-inclusive and there is a role for Republicans in the administration,"

The president-elect is reported to be considering some Republicans for roles in his administration, including former Quibi CEO Meg Whitman and former Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

-----
    *chuckles*
    Kinda predicted something similar...

Quote Originally Posted by passingthrew View Post
    https://twitter.com/tomselliott/stat...11981304504321

Biden is already “having phone calls” with foreign leaders about “the agenda they’re going to pursue January 20th”

Republicans claiming logan act violations already. This is going to be a shitshow lol.
    Has he talked to nations we're having a dispute with? I mean, even if we pretend he's not President-Elect Biden, if he's just calling up friendly countries to let them know about the change over management and the new direction the country will be going in then that's not a Logan Act violation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Possibly. McCain is working on Biden's transition team so she already has a presence.
    Cindy McCain when asked about joining Biden Cabinet: 'There is a role for Republicans'

"This is an administration that's going to be all-inclusive and there is a role for Republicans in the administration,"

The president-elect is reported to be considering some Republicans for roles in his administration, including former Quibi CEO Meg Whitman and former Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

-----
    *chuckles*
    Kinda predicted something similar...
    This is pretty standard. Incoming presidents have always "considered" members from both parties, they just rarely ever pick members of another party.

But that ain't evidence she has anything to do with the transition team, just that she's repeating the stories that Biden is considering Republicans. She has no reason to talk to the transition team, or specifically for them to reach out to her, so I don't know why anyone gives a fuck about what a host from The View thinks just because her father was a Senator and former presidential candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Has he talked to nations we're having a dispute with? I mean, even if we pretend he's not President-Elect Biden, if he's just calling up friendly countries to let them know about the change over management and the new direction the country will be going in then that's not a Logan Act violation.

- - - Updated - - -

This is pretty standard. Incoming presidents have always "considered" members from both parties, they just rarely ever pick members of another party.

But that ain't evidence she has anything to do with the transition team, just that she's repeating the stories that Biden is considering Republicans. She has no reason to talk to the transition team, or specifically for them to reach out to her, so I don't know why anyone gives a fuck about what a host from The View thinks just because her father was a Senator and former presidential candidate.
    From link;

McCain, who also works on Biden's transition team, said that part of her work "is to help put good Republicans into places within the administration."

From link;

McCain, who also works on Biden's transition team, said that part of her work "is to help put good Republicans into places within the administration."
    Oh derp, I was thinking of his daughter. Still don't think there's a role for her, and if Biden appoints Republicans he deserves all the criticism he'll receive (and will lose the support of progressives).

Unrelated: https://freebeacon.com/2020-election...tion-in-place/

"You should be aware, the only official announcement about an election result that matters is from the head of GSA, so until the head of GSA makes a determination as to who won an election, nothing changes. There is no transition in place," Barsa told his colleagues, according to a recording of the call obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.
    Yeah, the conservative Washington Free Beacon leaked audio from an internal USAID call on how the GSA is refusing to accept the results and isn't starting any aspect of the transition process.

We already knew this via earlier reporting, but now we've got audio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    CNN said 55% turnout in 2016.
    CNN said 55% two days after the election, long before the counts were done. They later said 60%.

Just as a note, two days after this election, the totals were around 143m. They're currently at about 150m and still yet expected to go up to 158-160m.

My argument was it needs to be higher or we won't win the white house. Turns out my argument holds up, and thanks for reminding me for self vindication to believe those 2016 numbers. I don't know about the current numbers so can't comment on them.
    I mean, you called 2016 turnout "abysmal", which was very wrong, but you said that a higher turnout would help beat the Republicans, which was... mostly right. I think most people would have expected a more lopsided Biden win with this high of a turnout.

Well, using electproject.org's estimates for VEP, the two-days-after turnout would be 59.8%, which would put it lower than 2004, 2008, and 2016. Using the current totals would give us a turnout of 62.4%, which is the highest turnout in the current voting era ('72+), and using predicted totals would give us a turnout of 66.9% which would be the highest turnout in over a century, since the 73.7% in 1900.

EDIT: On second thought, the 2016 turnout was only not abysmal if you're comparing it to other US elections. By a more objective standard, all US elections could be said to have abysmal turnouts, so I guess I can't say you were necessarily wrong about that.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way an old white man can win the . . .

*looks at Joe Biden*

Never mind.

But seriously I doubt that asshole has a chance to win again.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    But seriously I doubt that asshole has a chance to win again.
    He'll be lucky to even be alive at that point. You don't see too many morbidly obese 78-year-old men around.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

It's actually not that rare. Really, it's very common.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    sniping this shit cause idgaf
    Dude, let it go. nobody else gives a fuck about this bullshit thing your on either.

edit- apology i have a short temper, but I really just don't care to argue this.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-11-10 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It's actually not that rare. Really, it's very common.
    I was thinking more along the lines of like, actual politicians in cabinet positions. There are appointees who are not politicians who cross parties (wait..Peter Navarro is a fuckin Democrat? Mike fuckin Flynn too?) and some that IIRC are purely non-partisan (Jerome Powell as FED chair, Comey as FBI Director). But like, we're not exactly appointing Lindsey Graham as AG.

Today I learned, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    To be fair, It was never my intention to say that 2016 was a low turnout year....just that it might not have been the "highest turnout in decades"
    Well, it was absolutely the highest turnout in terms of absolute numbers, obviously.

Turnout as a percentage depends entirely on what you figure to be the denominator, and there are enough common options that you can pick one in which 2016 is, indeed, the election with the highest turnout in the last 50 years. I think most measurements would give that mark to the 2008 election, however, but it would still be a fairly close margin, and 2016 pretty handily beats any year in that 50-year stretch other than 2008 and an occasional near-tie with 2004.

All in all, it's not a statement that's obviously wrong.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    From link;

So she is a good Republican but good enough to leave the party. Cindy is looking pretty sus to me.

Why do these people keep passes for so little in return?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I was thinking more along the lines of like, actual politicians in cabinet positions. There are appointees who are not politicians who cross parties (wait..Peter Navarro is a fuckin Democrat? Mike fuckin Flynn too?) and some that IIRC are purely non-partisan (Jerome Powell as FED chair, Comey as FBI Director). But like, we're not exactly appointing Lindsey Graham as AG.

Today I learned, though.
    Well yeah, but look under Obama's admin: Chuck Hagel and Ray LaHood were both Republican politicians with core Cabinet positions. That's what I mean--it's really not as rare or as unheard of as people think. It's just a bit more "intolerable" now because of the politics of the past 4 years.

Oh derp, I was thinking of his daughter. Still don't think there's a role for her, and if Biden appoints Republicans he deserves all the criticism he'll receive (and will lose the support of progressives).
    The dnc and apparently Biden isn't concerned about losing them. They blame them for losing them the blue wave;
    From earlier; Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ends truce by warning ‘incompetent’ Democratic party

...not the right approach...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    So she is a good Republican but good enough to leave the party. Cindy is looking pretty sus to me.

Why do these people keep passes for so little in return?
    Because liberals a want to make love, not war...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The dnc and apparently Biden isn't concerned about losing them. They blame them for losing them the blue wave;
    From earlier; Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ends truce by warning ‘incompetent’ Democratic party

...not the right approach...
    While I'm usually on the side of AoC on these things, I agree. Dem's are a huge tent. no matter what they do it'll piss off someone in the party. Republicans, all they care about is pissing off everyone, so they're always lock step.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'm usually on the side of AoC on these things, I agree. Dem's are a huge tent. no matter what they do it'll piss off someone in the party. Republicans, all they care about is pissing off everyone, so they're always lock step.
    I don’t know, but democrats seem to be real sore losers at this point... cant decide who to blame in what was a winning election year. Control House and Presidency, with hope of senate not lost... it’s time to show unity and strength... instead it’s bitching about who to blame for not winning more. Trump lost and he acts more like a winner... lol

Edit: I am not encouraging democrats to act delusional like Trump... just saying... puff up your chest and start giving each other high fives...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t know, but democrats seem to be real sore losers at this point... cant decide who to blame in what was a winning election year. Control House and Presidency, with hope of senate not lost... it’s time to show unity and strength... instead it’s bitching about who to blame for not winning more. Trump lost and he acts more like a winner... lol
    Seriously, the public infighting and blame game needs to stop. I'm getting more and more worried of a Tea Party/Freedom Caucus situation where the two sides largely try to strong-arm each other rather than negotiate and work together on a compromise.

Seriously, the public infighting and blame game needs to stop. I'm getting more and more worried of a Tea Party/Freedom Caucus situation where the two sides largely try to strong-arm each other rather than negotiate and work together on a compromise.
    This is what I'm worried about too. We need to be united like @Felya said. Take what we have and continue to fight for a more perfect union.