Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Wow. I found the proud boy!
    I don't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    An increasing number of Georgia officials publicly say that Biden won Georgia and nothing's being overturned.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    for the sake of those not privy to US election rules: what happens exactly in 8 days aka monday dec 14th ?
    AFAIK the wild "but i won !!" charade will end there or is there now a weird opportunity for VP Pence (to whom the electoral votes will be sent to) to ignore and deny the results and thus not proclaim any winner ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    the wild "but i won !!" charade will end there
    No it won't. That's not "US election rules" that's "Trump is a lying conman cult leader and if he admits he lost the rabid fanbase stops cheering his name and handing him money"

Why are you people still going on about this a month after the election is over?

10+ Year Old Account
    for the sake of those not privy to US election rules: what happens exactly in 8 days aka monday dec 14th ?
    AFAIK the wild "but i won !!" charade will end there or is there now a weird opportunity for VP Pence (to whom the electoral votes will be sent to) to ignore and deny the results and thus not proclaim any winner ?
    I'm not privy to the rules of the US election, but I assume Pence has no choice in the matter, otherwise this whole house of cards would come down. Which it kinda is already, I mean Trump is VERY good at showing exactly what is wrong with the system.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2020-12-06 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Typos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fanorthis View Post
    Why are you people still going on about this a month after the election is over?
    Because trump is still going on about it, and exposing and calling out his attempts to overthrow the election he was soundly defeated in are important.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Basically once the EC votes on the 14th the results are "official". Don't expect the Trump whining to diminish any, though the "omg MSM does not dictate who won!" noise should die down a little then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Basically once the EC votes on the 14th the results are "official".
    Yeah, I want to say "the House certifies" but I don't see this House breaking President on this one.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    thanks for all answers...at least Trump cannot sue the EC ? oh, please say yes

15+ Year Old Account
    Electoral college casts their votes and Biden is officially the next president. Then it's just a matter of waiting for the formality of him being sworn into office on January 20th.

Supposedly the 14th is also the date most of the fence sitting Republicans have said they'll openly accept the results, as Trump's legal options for overturning the election will be exhausted.

However, some minor caveats:

• There may be some faithless electors, though not enough to change the outcome. The final electoral votes probably won't match what has been certified and pledged by the states. I could see it from both political parties; the same happened in 2016. Faithless votes are usually done in protest to make a statement.
    • Some Republicans will probably still refuse to acknowledge the results as valid, for fear of drawing Trump's ire or losing the votes of his supporters.
    • Trump himself will never formally concede and will never give up the false narrative that the election was stolen. He may announce a 2024 presidential bid. We'll have to wait and see how hampered he and his family will be by debtors, civil lawsuits, and criminal investigations after he leaves office. Barring that, there is some expectation that he will try to become a media mogul and continue influencing American politics. He will likely be banned from Twitter, at least.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-12-06 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    at least Trump cannot sue the EC ?
    The E.C. is baked into the Constitution. The Constitution cannot be changed by a simple lawsuit or bill. If he tried to "sue the EC" it would tie for "court case that smells the most like bullshit" thing he tried with "I am above the law" and a literal fart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fanorthis View Post
    This thread is now basically just tracking and discussing the cornucopia of failed efforts by the Trump team to overturn the results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giuliani tests positive for China Virus.

We all saw this coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It was so obvious that I feel shocked. Not that it happened but that it hadn't already, I forgot he'd been dodging infection up to this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    It was so obvious that I feel shocked. Not that it happened but that it hadn't already, I forgot he'd been dodging infection up to this point.
    Thoughts and Prayers time.

Or would that be turn undead...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

the Trump Virus strikes again.

Does anyone have a figure for what percentage of the white house personnel that has been infected? It seems that it may be even higher than in the slums of India.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Does anyone have a figure for what percentage of the white house personnel that has been infected? It seems that it may be even higher than in the slums of India.
    There are currently more active cases of COVID in the White House than New Zealand, Vietnam, and Taiwan combined, if that answers the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Does anyone have a figure for what percentage of the white house personnel that has been infected?
    No because of all the minor staffers.

The question is, however, how many packed crowds met with Giuliani while he was literally spewing toxic behavior? What's left of Trump's legal team surely has it, but what about the drunk witnesses and GOP lawmakers who insisted on being there?

Also, what about Barr? I find it odd that a whole week would pass without Trump's persona lawyer talking to Trump's other personal lawyer.