10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Nothing to cheer about but the reality of the situation may be starting to hit where it publicly would do the most good.
    *ahem*

Herman Cain.

- - - Updated - - -

Georgia signature audit completed. I didn't even know they were doing one.

This is the third "recount" using the term very losely. Nothing of interest was found. Again.

So...finally one of congress died.

Nothing to cheer about but the reality of the situation may be starting to hit where it publicly would do the most good.
    Must be fake news. Republicans in my area are constantly telling me that nobody dies from COVID it's just a play to get more money and that COVID is no worse than the flu.

But in all honesty, I will let others speak for me on this case:

Last edited by fwc577; 2020-12-30 at 04:34 AM.

So...finally one of congress died.

Doubtful he was a mask denier.

Like the GOP is so full gone they rather die to own the libs than compromise or work together.

I am terrified in 20-30 years what will be said about this time period in the history book but I would take a strong guess it won't be kind...

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    *ahem* Herman Cain.
    I remembered.
    But a nonentity really. (Kinda cruel to say, but as far as politics goes he was a one man clown show that wasn't much different from Trump in bombastic nonsense)

10+ Year Old Account
    I remembered.
    Oh to be clear, i know you did.

The issue, as it always is, are the fact-denying rabid fanbase. You and I have both seen the posts, "why has nobody in XXX gotten COVID? Hoax!" from these people intent on proving they are willfully ill-informed. A politician getting sick hasn't changed their minds that politicians don't get sick. A politician dying hasn't changed their minds that politicians don't die.

If the illness and death of Herman Cain didn't change their mind, there's no reason to believe this will, either. If they were open to facts and evidence this would have been a dramatically different four years.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump calls on Kemp to resign because Trump lost the election.

Hearings from Atlanta on the Georgia Election overturn now being broadcast. Check it out. OANN Bewsmax and many more. BrianKempGA should resign from office. He is an obstructionist who refuses to admit that we won Georgia, BIG! Also won the other Swing States.
    "Many more"?

Not sure. Not even FOX News is carrying it.

"By Georgia law, what power does Kemp have to overturn the votes cast by the people, certified by multiple agencies, and re-counted three times?"

My gut tells me "none" but I'll be honest I'm not even going to look it up. If Trump supporters back Trump's claims without evidence, they will have to accept my rebuttal without research, too.

"How well did Kemp win election in 2020?"

Actually GA elects on off-years, but in 2018 he won by 50,000 out of four million or so votes cast. Kemp is in real danger of losing to a Democrat in 2022, especially if a Party of Trump candidate runs against both of them and splits the vote H Ross Perot style. If Kemp resigns, his replacement will likely have even less support by virtue of not running the state as long.

Regardless, this is yet more rolling on the ground, pounding his little fists and shrilling NO NO NO NO NO! at the top of his lungs. Trump has now lost Georgia four times, each of them honestly. At this point, Biden could say "fuck it, give him Georgia" and still win the election anyhow.

Wake me when there's evidence.

Republican Sen. Josh Hawley says he will object to the Electoral College results, which would force a vote and delay the inevitable affirmation of President-elect Joe Biden's win

Thank Your Missouri for electing this PoS. A super elite asshole, who cons the moron masses that he is one of them.

Remember all this does is undermine our electoral process and next time may be the other party or go down a path we can never change from.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    "How well did Kemp win election in 2020?"

Actually GA elects on off-years, but in 2018 he won by 50,000 out of four million or so votes cast. Kemp is in real danger of losing to a Democrat in 2022, especially if a Party of Trump candidate runs against both of them and splits the vote H Ross Perot style.
    Also keep in mind that that the democrat who barely lost to Kemp in 2018 was Stacey Abrams, who in the true competitive spirit, continued her long-running voter-registration drive and has succeeded in getting nearly a million voters registered in Georgia. Her efforts are largely the reason that GA went blue this election, and I have no doubt that she's going to run against Kemp again in 2022.

I mean, she was already likely to win against Kemp in 2022, simply due to the influx of newly-registered democrat voters, but with Trump actively kneecapping Kemp, it's a no-brainer.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Republican Sen. Josh Hawley says he will object to the Electoral College results, which would force a vote and delay the inevitable affirmation of President-elect Joe Biden's win

Thank Your Missouri for electing this PoS. A super elite asshole, who cons the moron masses that he is one of them.

Remember all this does is undermine our electoral process and next time may be the other party or go down a path we can never change from.
    Hey don't be so mean. You are not being inclusive here, all Republicans are pieces of shit who fuck over this country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    CUE THE CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM THEME MUSIC!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Put him on record as being okay with this, when it's him or his party next time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see people rallying against Mitch McConnell. Too bad so many of them are dipshit Republicans who will turn around and vote for someone just like him, like Perdue and Loeffler.

Really hope the Democrats make people in GA understand that their votes can take control of the Senate away from him.

Good. Put him on record as being okay with this, when it's him or his party next time.
    Yes. Except this will likely get 1) re-elected as Senator in MO; and 2) likely future GOP Presidential nominee. Sadly enough people in the state and nationwide, well electorally, can make this guy President.

I don't know much about this dude. He is pretty elite if you look at his background. But he is either an elite opportunist, using populism as way for election or he is really a populist. Again, reading short history of his comments, he is really out there. Has embraced Trumpism to the fullist.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account

TBH Biden should just put out a statement that goes along the lines of "Anyone hunting GOP traitors for sport will get a pardon".

It's not like pardons weren't already being used for war criminals, so might as well put them to good use.

They dont care we got Graham going on record saying he would not vote to confirm a scj if a republican president during lame duck was doing it when Obama nominated Garland . He voted to confirm Barret. And his voters didnt care

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    TBH Biden should just put out a statement that goes along the lines of "Anyone hunting GOP traitors for sport will get a pardon".

It's not like pardons weren't already being used for war criminals, so might as well put them to good use.
    Probably not because murder is a state level crime not a federal one and the President can not pardon state level crimes. Who knows though with how fucked up this year and no low to low for this administration and their Republican lackeys to go they could do something like that.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the GOP cares about being on record. They lie with the aplomb of a grifter and can excuse any behavior.

Saw a video a friend on facebook posted. Guy was like "They hacked the pooling machines in real time and proved that they aren't secure!!!1!!1!". So, I watched it. They didn't hack any polling machines. What they Did hack was the poll pad, the device that checks to see if you're registered to vote in that county. The device that is in no way connected to the votes, their submission, their processing or their data.

They are grasping at straws so badly here.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Nice to see people rallying against Mitch McConnell. Too bad so many of them are dipshit Republicans who will turn around and vote for someone just like him, like Perdue and Loeffler.

Really hope the Democrats make people in GA understand that their votes can take control of the Senate away from him.
    If georgia Democrats are not making every commercial about how Mitch screwed Americans out of $1400 in essentially every commercial time they can get then they're doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If georgia Democrats are not making every commercial about how Mitch screwed Americans out of $1400 in essentially every commercial time they can get then they're doing something wrong.
    I'll check again tomorrow, but so far they are doing something ... a lot... wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Saw a video a friend on facebook posted. Guy was like "They hacked the pooling machines in real time and proved that they aren't secure!!!1!!1!". So, I watched it. They didn't hack any polling machines. What they Did hack was the poll pad, the device that checks to see if you're registered to vote in that county. The device that is in no way connected to the votes, their submission, their processing or their data.

I wonder if any of these yahoos voted in Georgia. I voted in both elections this year and there's absolutely nothing credible to these pitiful cries of attention. After you click on the tablet which candidate you vote for it prints out a paper with your votes on it. These votes are clearly labeled with the names of the candidate. ONLY the ones you chose and you can see them clear as day. After which the paper is scanned and both the scan and the physical copy are saved. It's why Georgia was able to easily certify it's vote, repeatedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post

You need to be looking at the claims they make in court. The shit they show in YouTube videos and being pushed by conspiracy theories, is not what Trump is saying in court. It’s like when they claim their witnesses are putting them selfs at risk of litigation if they lie, but they don’t actually take on that risk, unless they speak under oath... something none of them has done, to make the same claims. The document they signed, is showing intent to speak under oath. They are not held accountable, until they fulfill their promise in that signing, by actually taking an oath and saying all of their wild conspiracy.

So far, the witnesses that claim they saw votes going to China, on TV... change when speaking under oath... it sounds more like they are speaking from their experience as Tetris players... there were two food trucks, that simply could not fit food inside them, but fit 100000s of ballots... because ballots are that flat Tetris piece, while food is the Z shaped piece...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi