10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    And an Aye from Tuberville.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like 95-5, with Senators Cruz, Hawley, Kennedy, Marshall, and Tuberville voting Aye.
    Well, today's protest managed to cut their support in the Senate from 13 to 5. Not exactly a huge success on their part, but dear god, what does it take to get it to zero?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I hope he's one of the people not sat when the House is back in session.
    He is a state legislature, not a US Congressman. Same still applies, but only to the West Virginia Legislature. He can't be sat if he is in jail, the DC police should get on that immediately.

Any bets on the chances of the 25th being invoked?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    After this? Uhm... 51%? Once Lindsay Graham flees the ship... who is going to stop it... Pence is done with this shit... so it Mitch...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Very low... but not zero. Pence is a bit of a wild card right now, as is Trump's support among the cabinet. So many of Trump's cabinet are acting members, and I don't actually know the rules on those. Do they count or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    After this? Uhm... 51%? Once Lindsay Graham flees the ship... who is going to stop it... Pence is done with this shit... so it Mitch...
    51% is too high. I would put it around 10%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Well, today's protest managed to cut their support in the Senate from 13 to 5. Not exactly a huge success on their part, but dear god, what does it take to get it to zero?
    Consider where those five people are from, and also remember that the people who voted for the football coach were all to happy to vote for a pedophile the last time around.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    No kidding. I'm somewhat flabbergasted that they got 5. I thought Hawley was still a yes, but that maybe even Cruz would back down.

Guess not.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Consider where those five people are from, and also remember that the people who voted for the football coach were all to happy to vote for a pedophile the last time around.
    Correction. Slightly more people were willing to vote for the football coach then the pedophile. Slightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very low... but not zero. Pence is a bit of a wild card right now, as is Trump's support among the cabinet. So many of Trump's cabinet are acting members, and I don't actually know the rules on those. Do they count or not?

51% is too high. I would put it around 10%.
    I don’t know... I am going off on Lindsey Graham speech as the boiling point.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    No kidding. I'm somewhat flabbergasted that they got 5. I thought Hawley was still a yes, but that maybe even Cruz would back down.

Guess not.
    Apparently Trump was calling them all day. That was his priority.

Edit: It was six total, not sure who the other one was.

10+ Year Old Account

Guess not.
    There is a 6th...

How is Dan Bishop, Republican Rep. from NC, allowed to use his entire 5 minute objection to literally propose a conspiracy theory that Democrats organized "electoral chaos" as an intentional strategy beginning in January of this year?

Like, after what happened today?

And he just...was allowed to be Alex Jones for 5 minutes.

Yeah, Graham just delivered a powerful blow to the Trump ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not talking about Congress, here. The 25th is decided by Pence and Trump's Cabinet, a much steeper proposition.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not talking about Congress, here. The 25th is decided by Pence and Trump's Cabinet, a much steeper proposition.
    Oh... then let’s pretend I linked a video of Vince McMahon strutting like a Jack ass to “no chance... no chance in hell... that’s what you got... no chance...”

Apparently Trump was calling them all day. That was his priority.

Edit: It was six total, not sure who the other one was.
    I believe Mike Braun of Indiana was the sixth.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Will hurd primaries Cruz cause I swear to god...

The only 2 of those you mentioned have a vote is pence, and not even mitch but his wife, who Maddow said was considering resigning, which makes me think she's the only one who would 25th, so my guess chance is nil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t know... I am going off on Lindsey Graham speech as the boiling point.
    Trump leaves office on the 20th of January at noon. That is not, and never has been, in doubt since the results of the election were clear.

Removing him from office sometime between tommorrow and then is a different proposition altogether. I doubt the GOP wants that sort of spectacle, and I doubt they want to burn the bridges with Trump that completely. I do think they will do it if they honestly believe they must to ensure a peaceful transfer of power. At this point, the GOP is absolutely committed to ensuring Joe Biden becomes President.

But Trump's twitter is blocked, and if they can just keep him shut up in his bedroom fuming for the next few weeks, that is the least dangerous course of action for them. The 25th only happens if it absolutely has too, not out of spite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    This isnt the first time we assumed Trump lost his support. Its happened a fucking lot.
    Yes, but this is the first time we saw it unfold so dramatically. It went from 12 Senators down to 6 in about 8 hours.

Also, funny story, Trump has about 14 days to lose support. After which he's a private citizen and his "support" is basically his girdle.

Trump leaves office on the 20th of January at noon. That is not, and never has been, in doubt since the results of the election were clear.

Removing him from office sometime between tommorrow and then is a different proposition altogether. I doubt the GOP wants that sort of spectacle, and I doubt they want to burn the bridges with Trump that completely. I do think they will do it if they honestly believe they must to ensure a peaceful transfer of power. At this point, the GOP is absolutely committed to ensuring Joe Biden becomes President.

But Trump's twitter is blocked, and if they can just keep him shut up in his bedroom fuming for the next few weeks, that is the least dangerous course of action for them. The 25th only happens if it absolutely has too, not out of spite.
    The GoP in the senate is, the house is not.

oh you mean impeach and remove in that case yeah i'd concur, since house GoP nutters doesn't matter.