10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Says the person who continually hold any criticism to the Democrats as not the real issue. Remind me again, how did the GOP deal with Obama when they controlled half of congress? Maybe they're just better at politics?
    Pointing to the exploitation of the USA's poorly-crafted legislative framework as if that means the exploiters are "better at politics" rather than that your system of governance has massive systemic failures and flaws that allow for such exploitation at all, man, that's a whole straw army.

Shit like this literally cannot happen in Canada. Non-confidence votes will bring about an election if this kind of thing occurs. Hell, that's automatic if any budget bill fails to pass.

They could, and here is a thought... Not pass one of the Bills the GOP wants to pass.

Hold up a defense budget bill until the Senate takes on some bills the house has passed. How hard is that? They accepted crumbs while they handed the keys to the bank vault to Steve Mnuchin. They couldn't even get any proper oversight, because I guess writing that into bill was asking too much. They are either complicate or the weakest house in the history of the US.

Really nothing they wanted?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/21/trum...ense-bill.html

Oh right the Democrats probably wanted that equally as much.

I live in a place that hold my Democrats just as accountable for their inaction as you do the Republicans action.
    You're operating in a fantasy world where the majority Dems built in the House is in ideological lockstep, like the Republicans in the Senate. That just isn't the case. Moderate Dems aren't going to hold up a military budget, and if they do, they'll be replaced by Republicans, in their purple districts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    The biggest irony is that Biden has not spent any advertising money in Florida yet. While Trump campaign has plowed a staggering $40 million into Florida, with GOP outside groups spending another $16.1 million.
    That's a bigger irony than people on an obscure message board thinking a poll that samples 24% Republicans means much this far out from November? I guess.

This guy mad at dem's for not going after his willfully ignorant vote.

Yeah, and that's my big problem with the Democrats. They act like Republicans from less than 20 years ago, and any criticism of them is meet with scorn. I'm not living in a fictional world. I'm pointing out huge problems and you all go, but it's all Republicans fault.

In any case, I'm done for the day. You all can keep ignoring everything the Democrats do or not do in this case. Enjoy your one sided agreements about how bad the GOP and Trump is and just continue to not even bother holding any criticism of the Democrats.
    Democrats have power in the House.

Republicans have power in the Senate.

They have to compromise. The bill we got, was that compromise. It is not what the Democrats wanted. It's also not what the Republicans wanted. But it's what they could both agree on that gave both sides parts that they wanted while getting more extremely needed assistance.

I really don't understand what's so hard to understand or complicated about this. Neither party got "their way".

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's within the constitutional law how exactly is it exploitation and not politics?
    Because it's dysfunctional.

This shouldn't have to be explained. This is like asking "why is punching a random person in the face a bad thing to do?" If you can work a keyboard, you're smarter than this.

Why is it when the Democrats held a super majority they're big accomplishment was a individual mandate for corporate insurance companies? Why was the public option scrapped virtually day one? Is it complicate, corruption, or weakness?
    False dilemma. Not going to entertain an obviously bullshit framing of a bait "question" like that. It's just straightly dishonest to even ask it that way.

Why did Nancy Pelosi refer to the Green Deal as the "Green Dream or whatever they call it"?

She didn't even pretend to care.
    Where did you get the impression that a party was expected to act in ideological, unthinking lockstep, again?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and that's my big problem with the Democrats. They act like Republicans from less than 20 years ago, and any criticism of them is meet with scorn. I'm not living in a fictional world. I'm pointing out huge problems and you all go, but it's all Republicans fault.

In any case, I'm done for the day. You all can keep ignoring everything the Democrats do or not do in this case. Enjoy your one sided agreements about how bad the GOP and Trump is and just continue to not even bother holding any criticism of the Democrats.
    Well, at least you're admitting your only goal was to engage in dishonest whataboutism. That's something, I guess?

Both dems and the gop know they're running out of time. Can't blame McConnell on this. He knows he can get royally screwed if he tries shenanigans. And the dems know they can't balk because that will backfire, especially since McConnell is caving in on a lot of key points that the dems want. (I'm hearing they won't get the 600, but 500 for the addition on UI. That's not bad at all for a compromise)

The hold up seems to be coming from Trump. And I'm not hearing anything as to why that is.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Both dems and the gop know they're running out of time. Can't blame McConnell on this. He knows he can get royally screwed if he tries shenanigans. And the dems know they can't balk because that will backfire, especially since McConnell is caving in on a lot of key points that the dems want. (I'm hearing they won't get the 600, but 500 for the addition on UI. That's not bad at all for a compromise)

The hold up seems to be coming from Trump. And I'm not hearing anything as to why that is.
    Same check amounts as last time.
    UI close to what it was before - that's huge by itself.

Cook Political Report shifts several Senate races toward Democrats
    ---

GOP knows they have to get those negotiations moving so they can spend the few months trying to shine themselves up.

Splitting hairs here, and I'm in between meetings at work. Co-equal is still equal to the Senate. Which was my overall point
    They have to get it pass the senate and the president besides it's next to impossible to find people with the balls to vote no since things are so bad. I also don't have any delusions that democrats aren't happy to give money to their donors as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    That's a bigger irony than people on an obscure message board thinking a poll that samples 24% Republicans means much this far out from November? I guess.
    its a gigantic irony that even after all this time and being told a hundered times how polls adjust for incorrect % samples, you still don't get it (i think you just refuse to actually educate yourself on anything anymore out of sadness).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

it will prob be in the 400 dollar max range tied to a % of prior income as max, maybe 80%.

not horrible and prevents some egregious abuses by partially unemployed or part timers.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    PARTY IDENTIFICATION QUESTION WORDING - Generally speaking, do you consider yourself a
    Republican, a Democrat, an Independent, or what?
    REGISTERED VOTERS
    PARTY IDENTIFICATION
    Republican 28%
    Democrat 34%
    Independent 33%
    Other/DK/NA 6%

This survey uses statistical weighting procedures to account for deviations in the survey
    sample from known population characteristics, which helps correct for differential survey
    participation and random variation in samples. The overall adult sample is weighted to
    recent Census data using a sample balancing procedure to match the demographic makeup of
    the population by county, gender, age, education and race. When including the design
    effect, the margin of sampling error for this study of registered voters is +/- 4.1
    percentage points.
    Look up statistical weighting. I am too lazy to do a statistical analysis exposition.

Statistical weighting by education is relatively new. During the 2016 election the polls oversampled those with college degrees which tend to support Hillary. However, those polls did not apply correction factors to account for the actual demographic distribution of the population education level.

Might as well put this here. Current Florida voters registration by party affiliation.

Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-07-24 at 04:38 AM.

If

Why is it when the Democrats held a super majority they're big accomplishment was a individual mandate for corporate insurance companies? Why was the public option scrapped virtually day one? Is it complicate, corruption, or weakness?

So wait that is all you think the ACA was?

So based on that logic i guess Medicare was just a mandate for corporate insurance companies too since they do all the actual work for Medicare and now have a huge share of the population under Medicare HMO plans. Even base Medicare is administrated and managed by corporate insurance companies.

and to answer your question, it was a compromise on agreements and expectations that they would start here, expand from here and hopefully if it was not full blown "public option" the republicans would not be so evil to take healthcare away from the population.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

If republicans actually gave a shit about healthcare they could have worked to improve Obamacare over the past decade and it would be much better. And by improve I don't mean sabotage, but genuinely give a shit.

However, they decided from before Obama was sworn in that they would demonize everything about him and democrats. Didn't matter what it was. They want their base angry and scared. No solutions of their own. Just one big political shit show.

The result of this kind of nonsense for the past few decades is Donald Trump.

If it's within the constitutional law how exactly is it exploitation and not politics?

Why did Nancy Pelosi refer to the Green Deal as the "Green Dream or whatever they call it"?

She didn't even pretend to care.
    Public option was not scraped virtually day one. The work for the health care bill started in early 2009. Nancy Pelosi pushed for public option and refused to negotiate with the GOP. The fight at that time was over abortion. Several Democratic reps refused to vote for the Congressional plan if abortion is included as part of the health plan.

It was Friday, November 6, 2009. The House was scheduled to vote on its health care bill the following day. For months, Pelosi had been immersed in negotiations on the massive, complicated legislation. Now it had come down to the final sticking point, one that could not have been more personal or painful for Pelosi. The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops had announced that while it supported expanding health care, it would not endorse the bill unless it sharply restricted access to abortion, and a small group of pro-life members would not commit to vote for the bill unless the bishops signed off.

All day, Pelosi had been in meetings and on the phone, trying to get the bishops to compromise, the women to relent. But neither group was budging. Now it was evening, and she had run out of tactics. The only thing left was to lay her cards on the table with the members who most counted on her to speak for them and protect their interests—the liberal women. “I don’t know what to do,” she told them—a rare, or perhaps strategic, admission of weakness by Pelosi, who always seemed to know what to do.
    So abortion was excluded from the bill, and Congress passed a health care plan which did include public option.

Then disaster strike. Ted Kennedy passed away in August 2009. On January 19, 2010, Massachusetts held a special election to fill Kennedy’s Senate seat. Massachusetts elected Republican Scott Brown. Just like that, Democrats lost their majority in Senate, and without 60 votes there was no chance of the Congress health care plan passing the Senate.

So Nancy Pelosi was forced to pick up a previously passed health care plan that was passed by the Senate. The Senate bill was more conservative than the House bill, with no public option and a smaller price tag. Its prohibition on abortion funding was weaker than the House’s. It was left to Pelosi to convince her caucus to pass the Senate bill combined with the reconciliation budgetary tweaks which they could pass through Senate with just 50 votes using "Reconciliation" procedure. Nancy Pelosi held out for public option until she had no choice.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-07-24 at 05:21 AM.

Why was the public option scrapped virtually day one?
    It wasn't day one, but Joe Lieberman
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Some Dark Money grifter PACs are trying to hold Biden's VP selection hostage.

@OurRevolution
    (the Sanders-aligned group),
    @pdamerica
    and
    @
    Roots_Action
    issue joint acceptable/unacceptable Biden running mate lists:

OK:
    @KarenBassTweets
    @ewarren
    @senatorBaldwin

Not OK:
    @KamalaHarris
    @RepValDemings
    @SenDuckworth
    @senatorHassan

Pretty telling they disqualified women of color from the list. This is why they lost South Carolina. And lost a bunch of other elections.

Feels they're still more interested in picking fights with Dems than actually confronting Trump/McConnell.
    Government Affiliated Snark

GOP governors in Texas, Arizona, Georgia, Florida see approval sink

By contrast, California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) hasn't seen his approval rating budge even as the state continues to experience a surge of its own, setting a record of more than 12,800 new cases on Wednesday.

Old people in California mainly blamed those crazy young people for not wearing mask and partying. The poll oversampled old people like me <s>.

Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-07-24 at 04:49 PM.

Gabbard isn't an option because the mouthbreathing twitterati among the base irrationally think she's satan.

EDIT: It's just unfortunate happenstance of the year that "women of color" do not make up the strongest/most electorally valuable seats on the Democrat bench. Especially since there's a pollable value-add they need to find in a higher bar of "ready to be President" than pretty much for any VP nominee in history, including Pence - a factor that sweeps all short time House members off the table completely. Harris is kinda the only one left standing and she has some problems like A) cop, B) she campaigned on calling Biden a racist, C) she doesn't have value winning or protecting a competitive state.

I would think a safe, plausible "Cheney-esque" pick (he was on the ticket, one might recall, to add 'gravitas') would be Janet Napolitano, but since it's the 21st century and everything is stupid, "Italian" no longer counts as "of color" in the mind of the aforementioned mouthbreathing twitterati.
    Last edited by Stormdash; 2020-07-24 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly no Our Revolution is not a Dark Money Pac. Sanders had no say or sway with Our Revolution (Very telling you and your source points out a false narrative, your source is also just a tweet. Did you confirm what is was posted?

Nina Turner or Tulsi Gabbard are women of color why haven't you considered one of them as VP?
    Stop embarrassing yourself. Your level of understanding is juvenile.

Our Revolution is a 501(c) org
    • Unlimited Donations
    • Does not disclose identities of donors = Dark Money
    • Nina Turner = President of Our Revolution
    • Nina Turner, also campaign co-chair of Sanders presidential campaign. Nina Turner, also led the campaign team in it's South Carolina campaign. To disaster.
    • Makes Our Revolution very aligned with Sanders

Nina, a dark money campaign shill. Who has no real constituency. Tulsi, basically admitted to having no real constituency since she's not running for re election.

Sorry, but you pro-Trump guys got exposed months ago. Even Rogan gave up the act and said he's going for Trump,
    Government Affiliated Snark