Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Mate plz. Your presidential candidate is a senile. Your base is still broken. You are losing the Latino support https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...o-vote/604882/. Trump got a shit ton of votes and money during the primaries even without a challenger and the fly over states hate your guts. And you better hope that the Burisma scandal doesn't rear its ugly head again. At this point im pretty confident that the democrats get thrown out of the house as well and into the sewers where they belong.

- - - Updated - - -

Well this proves again the left can't meme for shit and its prove you are utterly bereft of originality to steal our memes. Beyond that i dont have to defend him because i support his actions. And if you want me not supporting it then you need to convince me. And calling me a sheep or a npc will not convince me. What i will do is LMAO. The democrats become politically relevant by the day even more so after November. So do you think i care about insults from irrelevant people ?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh really

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/de...-hoax-comment/

Insert Trump saying "Wrong" gif here.
    Nothing will convince you to not vote for Trump, reason and logic are not part of the equation.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ampaign-Thread

You'd vote for him if he sexually assaulted a child on live television.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But, I thought you said it was all fake news.
    Kotch brothers just announced they will not back protesting, including previously funded tea party groups protesting. Trump has also now said he is against Georgia opening early. Trump’s overlords have spoken... get ready for a lot more amnesia from Trump...

The Koch network, avatar of the Tea Party, rejects shutdown protests
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...rotests-202320

Trump says he 'strongly' disagreed with move to reopen Georgia -- contradicting source who said he agreed with it
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/polit...emp/index.html
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-04-23 at 01:32 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Kotch brothers just announced they will not back protesting, including previously funded tea party groups protesting. Trump has also now said he is against Georgia opening early. Trump’s overlords have spoken... get ready for a lot more amnesia from Trump...
    The Tea Party doesn't exist. As we've found out, they never actually existed. it was just a bunch of racists and blind partisans spewing lie after lie.

I already checked all the Tea Party groups, and not a fucking one of them is complaining about Trump's deficits. The same goes for the Freedom Caucus. The only reason to explain their stances, is blatant racism, hypocrisy brought on by partisanship, or both.

How about I insert the conclusion of your link:

According to your own link, the attack ad he wasn’t even talking about, is overwhelmingly on target.
    Stop deflecting. You sprouted BS fakenews. Trump has not said that the corona virus was a hoax. And it shows to me that you are gobbeling up the shit that CNN and MSNBC are giving you.

Perhaps Burisma is a nothing burger. But we will see that in September. But let's talk about the democratic fuckups.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...atown/2240247/

This is Peloski who is strutting around like an idiot in a Chinatown even when it became apparent that covid was the real deal. Its also no surprise that the democratic shitholes are hit hardest. But this is Darwin at his finest according to some democrats.
    It is a nothingburger, there is a reason John Solomon hasn't been on Fox News to push his conspiracy theories anymore. There is a reason that fat fuck has had to make his own site, because NO ONE will hire him since he made shit up. There is a reason the Republican lawmakers dropped their investigations before the virus even became a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is Peloski who is strutting around like an idiot in a Chinatown even when it became apparent that covid was the real deal. Its also no surprise that the democratic shitholes are hit hardest. But this is Darwin at his finest according to some democrats.
    Do you fucking think Chinatown is in China or something?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Stop deflecting. You sprouted BS fakenews. Trump has not said that the corona virus was a hoax. And it shows to me that you are gobbeling up the shit that CNN and MSNBC are giving you.
    Enjoy!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5TZ6fTYrsE

At the rally... that he forgot he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Don't forget, she was talking about going to Chinatown, in FEBRUARY, I think within a couple of days of like 2 of Trump's rallies. Trump was still golfing and going to rallies, but apparently it only fucking applies to Pelosi and not Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is your article saying it’s overwhelmingly true? I’m not deflecting to an article you provided... it’s called a discussion... but, be careful... Trump’s overlords have spoken, he now doesn’t even agree with Georgia opening up. Don’t get stuck defending Trump’s amnesia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    No, it’s the reason why Pelosi was doing it. Racist morons started attacking chines restaurants and telling people not go to them out of fear. She is there telling people chines restaurants are no different than any other restaurant. His slander doesn’t work, without the racist angle. Because without it, she is supporting small business..
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Trump can’t remember the 6 rallies he had last month and February. He can’t remember dismantling pandemic relief. In fact, in his written testimony to Muller, how many things didn’t Trump remember? Biden wasn’t nearly as forgetful... do you think Trump remembers spending tax dollars on a drug, shown to increase corona mortality rate? I think he forgot that two... the country won’t...
    I . DON'T . CARE. Personal attacks on me or Trump doesn't move me in the slightest. I only want to know if the democrats can do a better job then Trump. And the last 4 years they only managed to waste a lot of taxpayers money on idiotic investigations, they have not improved the lives of the American people in the slightest and major democratic strongholds are an absolute mess. So i'm not convinced that they will do a good job.

So `orange man bad` is all you have and its pretty pathetic thing to see.

I . DON'T . CARE. Personal attacks on me or Trump doesn't move me in the slightest. I only want to know if the democrats can do a better job then Trump. And the last 4 years they only managed to waste a lot of taxpayers money on idiotic investigations, they have not improved the lives of the American people in the slightest and major democratic strongholds are an absolute mess. So i'm not convinced that they will do a good job.

But, as has already been pointed out, your mind is made up. Acting as if your position is based on logic... is absurd. Or, shall I direct you to your comment about wanting to have what appears to be forceful anal penetration on someone.

As for spending, your guy has BY FAR the biggest budgets and deficits in history. So, whining about that is utterly fucking ridiculous.

How did Democrats waste four years of taxpayer money when they only had some power starting in 2019?

But, as has already been pointed out, your mind is made up. Acting as if your position is based on logic... is absurd. Or, shall I direct you to your comment about wanting to have what appears to be forceful anal penetration on someone.

As for spending, your guy has BY FAR the biggest budgets and deficits in history. So, whining about that is utterly fucking ridiculous.
    Of course my mind is made up. it can be changed but that requires actual arguments and not `derp you hate capitalism derp`. The budget deficit is simply necessary to dismantle the global economy. i have seen first hand the damage it does to the working class and i do not like the fact that we are becoming more and more reliant on counties like China who cannot be trusted. So i support trump in this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
    How did Democrats waste four years of taxpayer money when they only had some power starting in 2019?
    Because they were also utterly useless in 2017 and 2018.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it’s the reason why Pelosi was doing it. Racist morons started attacking chines restaurants and telling people not go to them out of fear. She is there telling people chines restaurants are no different than any other restaurant. His slander doesn’t work, without the racist angle. Because without it, she is supporting small business..
    In short the democrats were full of shit. And didn't know what the fuck they were doing.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/26/schume...lth-emergency/

7+ Year Old Account
    I did try... spent about three years trying. At first, I was polite, but I watched her radicalization continue. It got to the point where we were both hostile to each other, and I was simply trying to prevent her from brainwashing others who were more impressionable... like my nieces and nephews.
    Argh that sucks, it's time to stop making lame excuses for letting these trivial misconceptions tear families and the nation apart... It shouldn't have to be that way for you... It shouldn't take 3+ years to show your mom that the theories of racism are wrong. It shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes to show why they don't make sense. Are you making sure to have a calm, rational, and respectful demeanor to your mom? You will need to show her epistemic humility in order to convince her and get passed any cognitive dissonance... Machismo, you can convince her, you're just not trying hard enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    As someone who has an incredibly complicated and not terribly healthy family situation I sympathize. And why I'm doing a little white knighting
    White knighting is exactly what we want to avoid because it makes the argument about collecting brownie points and gaining the favor of other groups of people as opposed to a conversation that is purely about comparing one or more ideas.

just keep trying to make them understand they'll magically wake up and not be awful.... A few decades is more than enough data
    There's your problem right there. The average yokel is unknowingly a rationalist like myself and all rationalists are initially set up to be fundamentalists and dogmatic about their current ideas/memes up until the point that they can be convinced that a different explanation is the true explanation for a given issue such as "race realism". For us rationalists "data" of any quantity means shit-all and is inherently worthless as we are mainly convinced by emotionally grokking the world in terms of intuitive and higher-level 'explanations', and not by believing in things based on data or evidence.

To convince your family opponents start working in concepts of evolution and genes and how most beliefs come to us from thousand-year old copies of memes that barely just worked well enough to not get our ancestors killed, and how they are typically irrational and do not represent anything close to an absolute truth. Then explain to them how our most essential characteristic, our genes, are all ~95% the same and shared across all races and the remainder of the genetic variables just has to do with with local adaptations based on our ancestor's geography. Explain to them that the ~5% difference among races of people doesn't mean anything in terms of the content of a certain race's character because the content of a person's character comes from their individual mind which begins to operate independently of their genes and traits over time. That's what makes humans separate from animals.

Secondly, teach the family members who disagrees with you about Karl Popper's epistemology relating to fallibilism, empirical generalization, falsification and how a person can't be correct when it comes to judging other groups of people. So we can't judge blacks, Latinos, or Muslims without being wrong(or pointlessly tautological when correct) and so we should try to avoid thinking about groups and unnecessary social constructs. Thirdly when it comes to the philosophy of mind tell them about Alan Turing's discovery about what happens when an information processing system gains the *universality* of computation and how it makes the capability of all such systems infinitely identical due to Turing equivalence. Each thinking person of any racial tribe has the same capability as everyone else as long as they haven't been diagnosed as permanently requiring a special needs education.

The truth is the vast majority of people have never actually looked into these 'how' and 'why' questions and why the theories of racism are all entirely wrong and do not make any sense. Since most people don't study the relevant disciplines it means the average yokel is more likely to think and confirm/reinforce their race-based observations like "look how disproportionately more brown people do crimes and enter prison" or "look at how white countries have a higher probability of being Democratic and more economically prosperous than brown countries". If you don't challenge their underlying assumptions that are beneath all of these race and data issues then you'll probably never be able to convince them via the means of science or data regardless of the quantity of evidence that you present.

to know my choices are to walk away or
    Nah don't walk away completely if they are not harming you, instead think of new ways to approach the disagreement.

just tolerate the toxic behavior and abuse.
    You shouldn't tolerate non-explanations that you hear such as "race X is superior/inferior', but do tolerate (non-violent) toxic people since arguably that is where the most potential improvement is to be found, where as in an echo chamber of love and agreement nobody can improve at all due to the confirmation bias phenomena.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-04-23 at 04:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I . DON'T . CARE.
    Yes, posting in all caps... the old internet sign of not caring. lol

Personal attacks on me or Trump doesn't move me in the slightest.
    Yeah, Trump spend tax payer dollars on a drug killing Americans and you don’t care. Because unlike calling Trump out for amnesia, your senile jab at Biden, doesn’t work. He remembers what he said yesterday... Trump rarely does...

I only want to know if the democrats can do a better job then Trump. And the last 4 years they only managed to waste a lot of taxpayers money on idiotic investigations, they have not improved the lives of the American people in the slightest and major democratic strongholds are an absolute mess. So i'm not convinced that they will do a good job.
    What idiotic investigation? The into election fraud, that Trump ended as soon as results showed up? The 10th Hilary investigation that didn’t “lock her up”? Was it an investigation into the investigation of Trump, that returned it being justified just yesterday? Was it Trump’s deep state investigation into Biden, that congress was not supposed to know about?

Yeah, the guy promotes a drug killing people just last week, while all I have is “orange man bad”. Unlike this rhetoric, my only goal isn’t making a billionaire look good.

- - - Updated - - -

In short the democrats were full of shit. And didn't know what the fuck they were doing.

How is linking Schumer demanding a public emergency in January, help your case? Yeah, if Trump did that, instead of calling it a hoax, business would be open by now. Death and infection rate would be over. The Dow would likely be over 30k... but, no... we had Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, with the help of McCain, they stopped Trump from dismantling ACA completely. Which with millions of Americans losing work provided healthcare, might end up saving lives and livelihoods, which if Trump had his way would be gone. They stopped Trump spending billions on the wall, which right now should look really dumb, where before the theft of military funds to build it, causing schools for military kids to shut down... was just cruel.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be clear... before today’s Koch brothers announcing not funding groups opposing the lock down, with Trump flip flopping on Georgia at nearly the same time. Cherish these Trump supporter posts, not only are there few left. Trump is not going to remember his stance from just yesterday and about to sound like democrats from weeks ago... while both Georgia and Florida were still open, claiming loyalty to Trump.

I think this is going to be a Gaetz ‘I was wearing the mask not to mock the virus, but to warn’ level of flip flops. Get your over stock of John Kerry flip flops ready... it might be their time to shine once more.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Argh that sucks, it's time to stop making lame excuses for letting these trivial misconceptions tear families and the nation apart... It shouldn't have to be that way for you... It shouldn't take 3+ years to show your mom that the theories of racism are wrong. It shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes to show why they don't make sense. Are you making sure to have a calm, rational, and respectful demeanor to your mom? You will need to show her epistemic humility in order to convince her and get passed any cognitive dissonance... Machismo, you can convince her, you're just not trying hard enough!

White knighting is exactly what we want to avoid because it makes the argument about collecting brownie points and gaining the favor of other groups of people as opposed to a conversation that is purely about comparing one or more ideas.

There's your problem right there. The average yokel is unknowingly a rationalist like myself and all rationalists are initially set up to be fundamentalists and dogmatic about their current ideas/memes up until the point that they can be convinced that a different explanation is the true explanation for a given issue such as "race realism". For us rationalists "data" of any quantity means shit-all and is inherently worthless as we are mainly convinced by emotionally grokking the world in terms of intuitive and higher-level 'explanations', and not by believing in things based on data or evidence.

To convince your family opponents start working in concepts of evolution and genes and how most beliefs come to us from thousand-year cold copies of memes that barely just worked well enough to not get our ancestors killed, and how they are typically irrational and do not represent anything close to an absolute truth. Then explain to them how our most essential characteristic, our genes, are all ~95% the same and shared across all races and the remainder of the genetic variables just has to do with with local adaptations based on our ancestor's geography. Explain to them that the ~5% difference among races of people doesn't mean anything in terms of the content of a certain race's character because the content of a person's character comes from their mind which begins to operate independently of their genes and traits over time. That's what makes humans separate from animals.

Secondly, teach the family members who disagrees with you about Karl Popper's epistemology relating to fallibilism, empirical generalization, falsification and how a person can't be correct when it comes to judging other groups of people. So we can't judge blacks, Latinos, or Muslims without being wrong(or pointlessly tautological when correct) and so we should try to avoid thinking about groups and unnecessary social constructs. Thirdly when it comes to the philosophy of mind tell them about Alan Turing's discover about what happens when an information processing system gains the *universality* of computation and how it makes the capability of all such systems infinitely identical due to Turing equivalence. Each thinking person of any racial tribe has the same capability as everyone else as long as they haven't been diagnosed as permanently requiring a special needs education.

The truth is the vast majority of people have never actually looked into these 'how' and 'why' questions and why the theories of racism are all entirely wrong and do not make any sense. Since most people don't study the relevant disciplines it means the average yokel is more likely to think and confirm/reinforce their race-based observations like "look how disproportionately more brown people do crimes and enter prison" or "look at how white countries have a higher probability of being Democratic and more economically prosperous than brown countries". If you don't challenge their underlying assumptions that are beneath all of these identity/racial issues then you'll probably never be able to convince them via the means of science or data regardless of the quantity of evidence that you present.

Nah don't walk away completely if they are not harming you, instead think of new ways to approach the disagreement.

You shouldn't tolerate non-explanations that you hear such as "race X is superior/inferior', but do tolerate (non-violent) toxic people since arguably that is where the most potential improvement is to be found, where as in an echo chamber of love and agreement nobody can improve at all due to the confirmation bias phenomena.
    Like I said, three years.

She voted for a racist, and embraced his racism with fervor.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course my mind is made up. it can be changed but that requires actual arguments and not `derp you hate capitalism derp`. The budget deficit is simply necessary to dismantle the global economy. i have seen first hand the damage it does to the working class and i do not like the fact that we are becoming more and more reliant on counties like China who cannot be trusted. So i support trump in this.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Your mind is made up... that's the point. You are embracing the national socialism that Trump is selling.

National socialists are adorable.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-04-23 at 02:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your mind is made up... that's the point. You are embracing the national socialism that Trumpnis selling.

National socialists are adorable.
    It’s not ideological. For it to be national socialism, it has to have some ideological consistency. Trusting Trump, requires a completely different set of standards. You have to see it as someone entering a fight and you as someone attacking Trump is an opponent. Nothing you say will make you win, because the only goal is for Trump to win. Look at the length “Bernie burners” are willing to go...

Edit: You will never “win” against a Trump supporter of every kind. The goal should always be to maintain consistency. Admit when you are wrong. Show that you have absolutely no motive that stating the facts. Presentation becomes more important than content... it sucks... blame ADD... or what ever... but, right now... facade is all you got. It often just becomes a game... where it’s virtue signaling back and forth, walking a tightrope rope of it being the right time, to call out your opponent... to make it seem like they are the only ones doing it.

Consistency, brevity and truth... and don’t expect to “win”.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-04-23 at 02:45 AM.

That's not what Felya said though:

Sorry, but when Trump shuts down part of government that watches over pandemics, while calling democrats sounding the alarm as a hoax against Trump... it will be hard to be your version if “rational”.
    You're the one spouting BS fakenews.

How is linking Schumer demanding a public emergency in January, help your case? Yeah, if Trump did that, instead of calling it a hoax, business would be open by now. Death and infection rate would be over. The Dow would likely be over 30k... but, no... we had Trump.
    On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this comeback a 14. I hope you don't mind if I keep it in mind and use it now and again.

10+ Year Old Account

The Koch network, avatar of the Tea Party, rejects shutdown protests
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...rotests-202320

Trump says he 'strongly' disagreed with move to reopen Georgia -- contradicting source who said he agreed with it
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/polit...emp/index.html
    uhm i thought there was only one koch brother since the other one died. didn't he?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.