10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Neoliberlism leads to lots of anger within the lower classes who keep getting fucked by the problems that (neo-)liberals cause, which leads to the GoP abusing that anger to manipulate them into voting for them. The ol' blame it on the gays/immigrants/"SJWS"/minorities stick, while also ignoring what is really causing the problem, but its just about using the anger they hold.

Or that is the short version of it.
    That takes responsibility out of the hands of the voters making the actual decisions. They're not mindless sheep, they're choosing this. They own the responsibility for their own choices, nobody else. Nobody "made" them do a damned thing; they chose to support Trump. They weren't confused by Trump's campaign, and they weren't frightened off by Clinton's. They made their choice, and should be judged accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yes. I understood the movie. But I think you misunderstood my point. It was not to indicate which party was the aliens, ( which had invaded earth to strip of it's resources ) but rather difference in goals of each side can be too far apart for any compromise.
    But...the aliens never had anything in common with humanity (aside from being biological organisms in need of ressources). I get that you say you understood the movie but...did you? Because your last comment seems to illustrate my point.

And I think you also just proved my point with your last paragraph. lol!
    Uh...I'm not sure how suggesting that Trumpers ought to use a new methodology "proves your point". Your methodology is poor, and I see many Trumpers use it on a regular basis. Even the Republicans I know IRL who vote Trump use the method of picking a video clip, usually from a movie, to make their point. Hell Trump does it. It's not to say we're different, it's to say you're using a tactic I see often among Trumpers, in part because Trump does it, and you and they and Trump do it poorly.

While I'm not sure if you're still listening (yes it's a text medium but I'm using listen in the context of having your mind open to the opinions of others), consider when Trump likened himself to Thanos. Do you and Trumpers and Trump understand that Thanos is the bad guy? Hence why I asked "do you understand the movie", because much like those videos, your usage of it would seem to indicate you don't.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Not voting for the president isn't the same thing as not voting. You do realize that right??
    I was specifically responding to this

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    People really don't like the idea that you can call Biden out on his bullshit while voting for him.
    Maybe you should fix your comprehension problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, let us start judging people for not wanting to fall in line with Neo-librialism and not put any of the blame on the past 40 years of our political class ignoring what voters actually want.
    That's a baseless conspiracy theory. Biden's the candidate, literally, because that's what the voters wanted.

And yes; you'll get judged for the decisions you make. The candidates aren't forcing your hands. You own your choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Only 2 more months untill that shitty excuse stops being useable.
    Yes, in 2 months, the people you call rape apologists, will suddenly stop being so... without any action on their part... one might thinks this would be something to ponder.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Not voting for the president isn't the same thing as not voting. You do realize that right??

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes, let us start judging people for not wanting to fall in line with Neo-librialism and not put any of the blame on the past 40 years of our political class ignoring what voters actually want.
    You’re also now just clutching at straws.

It’s like you can’t just happily admit that you won’t vote for Biden and are hence just another person taking a coward’s route.

‘I don’t like Biden so it’s okay if Trump wins cos I stood my ground, nyaaah.’

Look at so many prominent politicians who’ve clearly said, they and Biden don’t see eye to eye on every policy. But they’ll back the party and then start fighting the right battles within the Government if/when they get into the White House. They’re not just saying, ‘well Biden and I don’t see eye to eye so I’ll sit this out till it’s all my way’.

If you ARE going to do that, own it. Don’t feel bad that people are calling you out on it. It’s your decision; stand by it. Don’t throw another hissy fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And yes; you'll get judged for the decisions you make. The candidates aren't forcing your hands. You own your choices.
    Jock 2020... I’m not a Biden or Trump supporter!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    How exactly did he do that? I'm genuinely curious. I've seen Trump say this a couple of times without any sort of argument or evidence.
    I don't feel like going over Biden's entire political career but he has been the best things for Conservatives since he took office.

Biden championed the for-profit, neighborhood destroying, criminal just catapulted by Reagan with the 1994 crime bill. There's a direct line between that bill and the current shit show of criminal justice in America today, from overly funded police to disproportionate sentencing. In fact Biden was one of the horsemen of the 'War on Drugs' pushing discrimatory nonsense with his Republican pals such as handing out harsher sentences for crack versus cocaine even though one was simply favored by poor minorities while the other was favored by richer whites.

He championed the Patriot Act. He opposed same sex marriage. He loved Bush's No Child Left behind. He voted for the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, which contributed to the recession under Bush.

I'm just summarizing. His love for conservative values throughout the 80s and 90s can be discussed for he days. He really didn't 'change' until he got his VP job and it became politically advantageous to do so.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I don't feel like going over Biden's entire political career but he has been the best things for Conservatives since he took office.
    That’s not just a sweeping generalisation. It’s also a lie. There is zero evidence that Biden is the best thing for conservatives since he took office. Because it’s not possible. You want to criticise him? Go for it. Just don’t concern troll and resort to hyperbole.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2020-09-08 at 12:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Um, Jettisawn ain't voting. He literally just comes in here and shits on Biden, while occasionally defending Trump. You agreed with Ghostpanther yesterday, now your siding with this guy, should do a quick check on yourself man.
    Damn people get petty around here. I agreed with Ghost one thing and you act like we're forming our own party now.

Nonsense is fine as long as it's coming from a particular side I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden championed the for-profit, neighborhood destroying, criminal just catapulted by Reagan with the 1994 crime bill. There's a direct line between that bill and the current shit show of criminal justice in America today, from overly funded police to disproportionate sentencing. In fact Biden was one of the horsemen of the 'War on Drugs' pushing discrimatory nonsense with his Republican pals such as handing out harsher sentences for crack versus cocaine even though one was simply favored by poor minorities while the other was favored by richer whites.
    If anyone is interested in what this describes:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violen...nforcement_Act

Damn people get petty around here. I agreed with Ghost one thing and you act like we're forming our own party now.

I'm giving you shit for defending concern trolls.

10+ Year Old Account

After getting on a high horse of calling people out for bickering over speech patterns, I have not been able to get you to actually discuss Biden’s solution, to the housing problem you listed. No comment from you... Was it petty for you to do that or something else?

Didn’t you say you were voting for Biden and/or the Democratic Party in general?

If so, and if people are coming at you for spouting nonsense, then it’s obvious people don’t like nonsense from either side.

Because they’re not okay with nonsense that comes from GOP or Democrat voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    That’s not just a sweeping generalisation. It’s also a lie. Thwre is zero evidence that Biden is the best thing for conservatives since he took office. Because it’s not possible. You want to criticise him? Go for it. Just don’t concern troll and resort to hyperbole.
    That entire post is complaining that Biden enabled republicans... think about that one...

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s not just a sweeping generalisation. It’s also a lie. Thwre is zero evidence that Biden is the best thing for conservatives since he took office. Because it’s not possible. You want to criticise him? Go for it. Just don’t concern troll and resort to hyperbole.
    Conservatives begged for Biden for a reason. Even if Trump is voted out, Biden is the next best thing for them. Malleable as fresh play-doh out of the can. A proven record of doing the heavy lifting for conservatives. He is their guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they’re not okay with nonsense that comes from GOP or Democrat voters.
    See... in 2016 people didn’t mind these both sides argument... shitting on Hillary, because no mater how much you shit on her, it’s not like Trump will win. Some of us learned... some didn’t...

Conservatives begged for Biden for a reason. Even if Trump is voted out, Biden is the next best thing for them. Malleable as fresh play-doh out of the can. A proven record of doing the heavy lifting for conservatives. He is their guy.
    So Conservatives want climate change, criminal justice reform, advancement of Obamacare, a more direct pandemic response team for today and the future and renewed focus on rebuilding relationships that Trump has systematically torn apart? Well if so, that’s nice of them. I’m happy they agree with him.

*gasp* But according to Trump and the GOP Biden is merely a puppet controlled by ANTIFA!!
    Seriously, give me a break. My eyes can only roll so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conservatives begged for Biden for a reason.
    Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!! Trump is still campaigning against Bernie... He never pivoted... Trump is still shitting on everything from Medicare to social justice to social security, as if Biden is the puppet of extreme leftist. But, instead of convincing Trump supporters that not the case, you choose to preach to the quire of people who don’t like Biden already, but are simply refusing to let 2016 repeat it self.