10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    It's sickening. Ironically it's some folk from CNN that have been really laying into him. Brianna Keilar and Erin Burnett in particular.
    Because there is an MSM conspiracy... it’s just not illicit, but the whole reason for their existence.

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I think the problem with this article is it is bemoaning that Biden ISN'T doing what Clinton did - shore up support in states he's considered a longer shot in (TX/AZ), and is instead focusing on the traditional blue wall (MI, PA, WI). Remember when Clinton spent so much time in North Carolina, all for it to be nothing? All while insisting NC was going purple in 2016?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I actually clicked on it. Not to listen to this dipshit. I just wanted to take a quick glance at the comments. Holy conspiracy echo chamber there Batman!
    On your recommended videos, click the 3 dots on the top right and select “never recommend”... just to answer a question you might be asking soon...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Yah, my reference to Brianna Keilar and Erin Burnett was that they're the only folk actively calling out his rallies as massively unsafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I went to bed at 9 pm EST, was in NYC at the time... I had a feeling it would happen... By 9, it was obvious...

I got to experience in person voting for the first time, since I’ve only voted by mail in WA. Went with the folks, just to see it. Boomers...
    I think I knew around the same time, when Virginia was too close to call at the time. Virginia, the state where Clinton's VP candidate was from. She eventually won it, but it was downhill from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think I knew around the same time, when Virginia was too close to call at the time. Virginia, the state where Clinton's VP candidate was from. She eventually won it, but it was downhill from there.
    Michigan was goodnight for me...

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think the problem with this article is it is bemoaning that Biden ISN'T doing what Clinton did - shore up support in states he's considered a longer shot in (TX/AZ), and is instead focusing on the traditional blue wall (MI, PA, WI). Remember when Clinton spent so much time in North Carolina, all for it to be nothing? All while insisting NC was going purple in 2016?
    Agreed, it also just seems to be complaining for the sake of it. As of now, he's swimming alone finely.

Debate season will be a different beast entirely, along with whatever October surprise that Trump has lined up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, it also just seems to be complaining for the sake of it. As of now, he's swimming alone finely.

Debate season will be a different beast entirely, along with whatever October surprise that Trump has lined up.
    Because people don’t understand what fair and balanced means... copy the successful format... and have pressure from the White House and their loyal followers, to present Trump in a better light. If you have Biden win total viewership of several networks, by several million. While Trump has every network beat on Fox by several million. Who is better for your bottom line?

Notice the difference:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide...quer_algorithm
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide_and_rule
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-25 at 03:52 PM.

Because people don’t understand what fair and balanced means... copy the successful format... and have pressure from the White House and their loyal followers, to present Trump in a better light. If you have Biden win total viewership of several networks, by several million. While Trump has every network beat on Fox by several million. Who is better for your bottom line?

Notice the difference:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide...quer_algorithm
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide_and_rule
    Ah well, time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yep. He should win Ohio, right? The polls had Hillary winning it this time in 2016 also.
    No, actually, this day in 2016, Trump was leading by +2 in Ohio.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    No, actually, this day in 2016, Trump was leading by +2 in Ohio.
    I don't even know anyone bothers responding to the OP. Just a waste of time. No interest in the truth, only here to create drama.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know anyone bothers responding to the OP. Just a waste of time. No interest in the truth, only here to create drama.
    He was a good poster before 2016... although... It is likely I was less aware and more foolish. If we don’t learn, what’s the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to bed at 9 pm EST, was in NYC at the time... I had a feeling it would happen... By 9, it was obvious...

I got to experience in person voting for the first time, since I’ve only voted by mail in WA. Went with the folks, just to see it. Boomers...
    Mail-in-ballot FTW. I've voted that way in the last four elections (as well as local) and will keep that up. The best way to get disenfranchised voters able to vote is allowing them to vote from the comfort of home.

He was a good poster before 2016... although... It is likely I was less aware and more foolish. If we don’t learn, what’s the point?
    Sad when that happens. Had a few friends I've had to distance myself from because of how off the reservation they've gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Mail-in-ballot FTW. I've voted that way in the last four elections (as well as local) and will keep that up. The best way to get disenfranchised voters able to vote is allowing them to vote from the comfort of home.
    I'm also guessing with the pandemic you've got to be more careful with any potential for health complications?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also guessing with the pandemic you've got to be more careful with any potential for health complications?
    For me, personally? Yes. I have polycythemia and HIV, neither of which are good with COVID. For everyone else, it's probably also a really good idea. But I look at the more long-term aspect of it. I want to see more voter participation, and the easiest way gerrymandering can reduce voter turnout is to make it difficult for people to reach polling stations (especially low-income paycheck-to-paycheck voters who can't take time off) or reduce them. If you can vote from home, then it doesn't matter where polling stations are, it doesn't matter what job you have, or your income level, or your skin color, or your political party affiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    For me, personally? Yes. I have polycythemia and HIV, neither of which are good with COVID. For everyone else, it's probably also a really good idea. But I look at the more long-term aspect of it. I want to see more voter participation, and the easiest way gerrymandering can reduce voter turnout is to make it difficult for people to reach polling stations (especially low-income paycheck-to-paycheck voters who can't take time off) or reduce them. If you can vote from home, then it doesn't matter where polling stations are, it doesn't matter what job you have, or your income level, or your skin color, or your political party affiliation.
    Yeah, that's what I was referring to in terms of health concerns. It's really not worth the risk. For others too, it's just best for folk to vote by mail, although having a President who is actively trying to assault citizens' abilities to vote is just sickening. Agreed on all counts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your memory is faulty.

2012-2015 he nearly led GEN-OT in mentions of "Obummer".
    "I'm a centrist, but Obummer ..."
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Your memory is faulty.

That would be giving me credit... I’ll stick with being foolish... that came out wrong... you know what I mean!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Your memory is faulty.

I have some childhood friends who do that, too - yet they rage at me when I disparage Trump...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yep. He should win Ohio, right? The polls had Hillary winning it this time in 2016 also.

The last Fox News presidential approval rating, had Trump at 48% approval. Pretty close to what Obama's % was at the same time in his reelection. 49% as this graph shows...
    ....https://www.foxnews.com/official-polls
    As it stands right now Biden has 278 electoral votes and that total doesn't include toss-up states such Ohio, Florida or Arizona. While it does include Nevada, even with it removed that still leaves Biden with 272 electoral votes.

https://www.270towin.com/