https://www.thedailybeast.com/chris-...a=twitter_page

“So for them to get tested, there wouldn’t have been enough time to have the test and have the debate at 9 at night,” Wallace said, saying the Trump team didn’t arrive until 5 p.m. “Yeah, there was an honor system when it came to the people that came into the hall from the two campaigns.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I wonder when anyone's going to start talking about the meat of politics (economics and international relations) instead of focusing on culture war issue after culture war issue. It's almost like both parties have nothing else to offer other than cookie-cutter neoliberal politics that every country has pursed since 1971 so they hypertrophy cultural issues to make it seems like they're a big deal.
    There's no line between the two.

Economic inequities across ethnic lines are both economic and cultural, inherently.
    Policing is an inherently political issue, given that it enforces laws, and thus inequities in treatment by police are both political and cultural.
    Supporting the nation's citizens is as much a political issue, if not moreso, than international relations.

I could keep going. You're manufacturing a completely meritless distinction out of nothing, to try and argue that some real issues should be ignored, because (I have to assume, as there's no other real reason to do so) you support the inequities those issues revolve around.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I do hope Trump gets better. I wish COVID19 on no one.

This photo is a vibe though.

Biden's mask is interesting - looks like a better-quality disposal. I'm wondering if he wears a new one at each event. Because that would make sense, given how many people he's meeting with. Whereas the USSS Officer in the background is obviously wearing a more "permanent" one.

Not a biggie, just thinking out loud a little.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...n-b750050.html

City officials in Cleveland said Friday they have been notified of more than 10 Covid-19 cases “stemming from pre-debate planning and set up” before Tuesday night’s chaotic faceoff between Donald Trump and Joe Biden.

The officials said most of the cases hit out-of-state visitors and, so far, none of the debate-related cases include Cleveland residents.

Video from Tuesday afternoon shows the Trump team touring the venue site hours before the debate not wearing masks despite a state face-coverings order.
    The Trump campaign seems to be spreading the virus now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Biden's mask is interesting - looks like a better-quality disposal. I'm wondering if he wears a new one at each event. Because that would make sense, given how many people he's meeting with. Whereas the USSS Officer in the background is obviously wearing a more "permanent" one.

Not a biggie, just thinking out loud a little.
    I use masks like that. It's a KN95. Basically a disposable Chinese N95.

Slightly less effective than N95s but more effective than surgical (assuming you don't get a knock off but they are easy to test). Pretty comfortable once you used to the tight fit (which is why they work well).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...n-b750050.html

The Trump campaign seems to be spreading the virus now.
    Ok, we've got one horseman. Where're the other three?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I use masks like that. It's a KN95. Basically a disposable Chinese N95.

Slightly less effective than N95s but more effective than surgical (assuming you don't get a knock off but they are easy to test). Pretty comfortable once you used to the tight fit (which is why they work well).
    When I looked up the differences between N95 and KN95, what I found was essentially "no real differences in protection, but they adhere to slightly different testing standards."

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...e-for-covid-19

Pelosi is negative. All these mask wearing liberals seem to be fairing better than the unmasked Republicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    When I looked up the differences between N95 and KN95, what I found was essentially "no real differences in protection, but they adhere to slightly different testing standards."
    KN95 seals aren't always as tight and it's harder to weed out low-quality clones. Quick test is to try to blow out a lighter with one on. Fill it with water to see if it leaks, and burn it, should melt.

Trump is being admitted to Walter Reade

Trump should have been a lot nicer to McCain. Just another poll.

Biden's lead over Trump holding in battleground Arizona as voters see US on wrong track

Former Vice President Joe Biden continues to lead President Donald Trump in Arizona with support reaching the critical 50% level with less than a week before ballots are sent out, a new poll finds.

The same statewide poll found Democrat Mark Kelly with a commanding lead over Sen. Martha McSally, R-Ariz., suggesting Democrats in the state could sweep the top two races for the first time since 1944.

David Paleologos, director of the Suffolk University Political Research Center in Boston, said Cindy McCain's endorsement of Biden happened just as the poll began and could be significant.

"Her endorsement really is important demographically in ways that a lot of people aren't picking up," he said, noting that her backing likely has the most impact on whites and moderates.

And Biden reached the 50% mark late in the race and with only 2% of respondents undecided, he said.

"That's an important threshold to hit," Paleologos said.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Trump is being admitted to Walter Reade
    https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/sta...38796721348608

Citation from Twitter.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What does this do to down-ballot candidates if Trump is no longer part of the equation? Do more Republicans stay home out of defeat? Do more Democrats out of complacency?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    What does this do to down-ballot candidates if Trump is no longer part of the equation? Do more Republicans stay home out of defeat? Do more Democrats out of complacency?
    At this stage, I don't think it makes much of a difference. 2.9M people had already turned in their ballots in States that report ballot turn-ins. Yesterday we had 1.9M. So the rate is accelerating.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    At this stage, I don't think it makes much of a difference. 2.9M people had already turned in their ballots in States that report ballot turn-ins. Yesterday we had 1.9M. So the rate is accelerating.
    It does. There are still a TON of votes that will happen leading into the election and on election day. It'll have a smaller impact than prior elections given the expanded remote voting, but it'll still have an impact.

- - - Updated - - -

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-be-a-partisan

We can get this pandemic under control so we can get our economy working for everyone," Biden said, speaking to press in Grand Rapids, Mich. "But this cannot be a partisan moment. It must be an American moment.

Biden's remarks came after Trump announced early on Friday that he and first lady Melania Trump tested positive for the virus, and were quarantining in the White House.

White House physician Sean Conley said on Friday that the president “remains fatigued but in good spirits” and received a cocktail of polyclonal antibodies as a precaution.

"I'd like to start by acknowledging, which I'm sure all of you do as well, sending my prayers for the health and safety of the first lady and the president of the United States," Biden said. "My wife Jill and I pray that they'll make a quick and full recovery."
    Biden, even if he's not pausing campaigning, still showing Trump how to act with class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump hasn't helped too many down ballot candidates.

CNN says Trump was given a trial preventative drug. Amazing if it works but he isn't going to shut about it.

Apparently the Biden campaign will be pulling down all their negative ads for the immediate future. They're not going to attack Trump while he's going to the hospital with a virus during a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Apparently the Biden campaign will be pulling down all their negative ads for the immediate future. They're not going to attack Trump while he's going to the hospital with a virus during a pandemic.
    See, that's the kind of thing one should expect from a presidential candidate. Nice to see some decency after 4 long ass years of indecency.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    See, that's the kind of thing one should expect from a presidential candidate. Nice to see some decency after 4 long ass years of indecency.
    Under normal circumstances, he'd probably stop campaigning altogether.

But you can bet your ass that they'll probably be running a TON of health care focused ads instead.

If Trump is off the ballot maybe the fence sitters who want to vote R but hate Trump vote Trump, but the MAGA people will stay home. Hard to say how it shakes out, especially with mail in ballots already returned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.