The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This is not Lindsey Graham's race in SC which is competitive for Dems.

This is Thom Tillis's race in NC which, while closer than normal, was still not being included in the regular pathways to the Dems Senate takeover, as far as I know.
    It was actually the reverse. NC seat was very much up for grabs, and Graham's seat in SC was just getting competitive. NC was a state that we "expected" to flip.

Here are the 538 aggregate polls for what I mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I doubt that it will. Unless some more damaging information comes out, this seems very tame as far as political scandals go. Also, the people who would be swayed by something like this probably weren't going to be voting for the Democrat in the first place.
    That's a comforting point, and hopefully people voting see the bigger picture. But it certainly doesn't help.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-10-03 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    FUCKING HELL.

Democratic Senatorial candidate caught sending romantic texts. Cunningham in North Carolina, previously leading Tillis.

This could cost us the Senate flip.
    Whilst in play, NC wasn’t a key flip.

Time will tell. Chill out.

It was actually the reverse. NC seat was very much up for grabs, and Graham's seat in SC was just getting competitive. NC was a state that we "expected" to flip.
    Last I checked Jaime Harrison was crushing Graham and Graham was begging for his elected life for donations. And this dude (who sexted a strategist) was within the margin of error with Tillis.

FUCKING HELL.

Democratic Senatorial candidate caught sending romantic texts. Cunningham in North Carolina, previously leading Tillis.

This could cost us the Senate flip.
    idk cunningham is demolishing tillis. this might make a dent, but i mean, he's up double digits in latest polling.

Harrison has been quite a surprise...
    Perhaps the better perspective is how this was a race that Graham should have had an easy win.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post

Disagree, NC certainly is a key flip. the race isn't even close.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Last I checked Jaime Harrison was crushing Graham and Graham was begging for his elected life for donations. And this dude (who sexted a strategist) was within the margin of error with Tillis.
    The polls are showing a closer race - but those aren't the internals, and they could be showing a larger gap. Tillis has been losing to Cunningham for weeks/months. NC and AZ were considered two key flip states.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post

It was absolutely a key flip - Tillis has been behind for weeks/months. Not sure where you've been....

"Time will tell"...really? Perhaps the political forum isn't the best place for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    idk cunningham is demolishing tillis. this might make a dent, but i mean, he's up double digits in latest polling.
    I'm hoping that's how it will play out. Obviously, if he wins, and Biden wins, perhaps his wife could get a sub-cabinet position. Or just a fucking sack full of cash.

The polls are showing a closer race - but those aren't the internals, and they could be showing a larger gap.

- - - Updated - - -

It was absolutely a key flip - Tillis has been behind for weeks/months. Not sure where you've been....

"Time will tell"...really? Perhaps the political forum isn't the best place for you.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping that's how it will play out. Obviously, if he wins, and Biden wins, perhaps his wife could get a sub-cabinet position. Or just a fucking sack full of cash.
    yes yes yes! NC, AZ, CO, ME are the 4 key states dems NEED. every other race that might flip is icing on the cake.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    yes yes yes! NC, AZ, CO, ME are the 4 key states dems NEED. every other race that might flip is icing on the cake.
    We need one more past those to clinch it though (in case Trump wins steals the election). We're going to lose Alabama with almost certainty, hence the five flips needs to Blue the Senate.

We need one more past those to clinch it though (in case Trump wins steals the election). We're going to lose Alabama with almost certainty, hence the five flips needs to Blue the Senate.
    Right, we need those 4 if biden wins, we need 1 more if Trump wins.

edit - however, if we win AZ and NC senate, idk how trump's path to 270.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-10-03 at 11:31 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Right, we need those 4 if biden wins, we need 1 more if Trump wins.

edit - however, if we win AZ and NC senate, idk how trump's path to 270.
    Yes, exactly - good point.

Interestingly, on your point re AZ and NC, it's not certain that the Democratic Senate candidate winning necessarily means Biden will carry the state. Kelly is kicking the shit out of McDumbBitch in AZ, but Biden is only ahead by 3 points. And while Cunningham, at least up and until today, was killing Tillis in the polls for the NC Senate seat, those same polls only have Biden up by barely a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I think Trump will survive but the fact that they had to use so many experimental treatments on him means he is not doing well.
    It also means he will be suffering some big time side effects. These can be bad for healthy people, and devastating for medium health to low health people. I know multiple people that suffer quite a bit from the side effects of medication.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/three-...ka-trump-visit

Ivanka Trump, knowing that her father tested positive for covid and that she was exposed on Wednesday, knowingly visited multiple businesses on Thursday in NC that are now shutting down for deep cleaning.

Ivanka Trump knowingly potentially exposed those people to the virus, just like Trump knowingly exposed his rally crowd, because she and the Trump family do not care about you. They do not care about the "average person" or the "little guy". They don't care if you die, as long as they stay in power.
    This is very crappy thing to do. There is a video of Trump's wife purposely getting close to Biden without a mask before the debate. It's not clear whether she did this on purpose knowing that she was infected. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, but this makes it harder.

Yes, exactly - good point.

Interestingly, on your point re AZ and NC, it's not certain that the Democratic Senate candidate winning necessarily means Biden will carry the state. Kelly is kicking the shit out of McDumbBitch in AZ, but Biden is only ahead by 3 points. And while Cunningham, at least up and until today, was killing Tillis in the polls for the NC Senate seat, those same polls only have Biden up by barely a point.
    You are right that the senate races in those states aren't close but the biden/trump races are much closer, but i also don't see much overlap, like i don't see many people voting kelly, and then trump, ya know? if it was any other election year, but this is the referendum on the party of trump year. so idk im optimistic if we can flip those senate seats we can win their EC votes too.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Well, yeah, the Democrats are doing whatever they can to make themselves look like violent anarchists, when they don't get their way. I though the Tea Party folks were nutty a decade or so, ranting in the streets, but the liberals are actually murdering people, destroying buildings pharmacies, like the crazies that destroyed their Baltimore neighborhoods after Fred Gray.
    So much worse than saying a pandemic is fake and leading to 210k dead.

He's showing positive signs of it; he's the Democrats' puppet, that's it. Tulsi Gabbard would have been a great candidate, but the Democratic party has become a complete joke, about halfway through Obama's campaign, after he forced out Obama care half-assed and completely wrecked the economy, while making so many rely on welfare.

The Democratic Party deserves better. It hasn't been good since JFK, and we never got to see his full potential.
    Yes, Obama wrecked the economy. Please ignore that it happened in 2008 when Bush was president.

The pandemic isn't fake. No one said it was fake.
    Right, except for that one guy who called it a hoax back in February. I forget his name.......angry, obese, orange-ish fellow, I believe he was hospitalized recently.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, yeah, the Democrats are doing whatever they can to make themselves look like violent anarchists, when they don't get their way. I though the Tea Party folks were nutty a decade or so, ranting in the streets, but the liberals are actually murdering people, destroying buildings pharmacies, like the crazies that destroyed their Baltimore neighborhoods after Fred Gray.
    I love how your entire post is a lie. Kinda makes you a liar by default.

Violent protesters are liberals. When you figure that out come back and we can a real conversation. Until then, you're probably better of in TheDonald/reddit.

I love how your entire post is a lie. Kinda makes you a liar by default.

Violent protesters are liberals. When you figure that out come back and we can a real conversation. Until then, you're probably better of in TheDonald/reddit.
    The_Donald got banned for being a cesspit.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not confused about any of it. Rational folks, regardless of party affiliation, know that Donald Trump has a very strong mind, and albeit just SLIGHTLY obese, his health is good. He's looking to come out of the plague strong. I'll be praying for him, Melania, and the rest of his family, as well as his staff.

You can wear a mask 100% of the time, like I do, and it's still not fully protective.

What any rational human being should be looking for, in terms of the election itself, is a Ross Perot type, to put a dent into both parties, make people think that there's more options. Or at least, let Jo Jorgensen and company be at the debates too.
    Wow - wrong again. Do you even read anymore? Or are you just filling your time with Fox News?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    The_Donald got banned for being a cesspit.
    Exactly my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    This is very crappy thing to do. There is a video of Trump's wife purposely getting close to Biden without a mask before the debate. It's not clear whether she did this on purpose knowing that she was infected. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, but this makes it harder.
    The earliest Trump knew he was infected was Wednesday, and there's no information Melania knew earlier than Thursday from what I've seen.

Pretty safe to cast this one aside.