10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In some good news, I watched part of the Kelly/McSally debate in AZ.

Kelly is rough around the edges, but he seemed to be doing alright for himself. Needs to look into the camera a bit more but he seems quite genuine and was talking the talk.

McSally is...jesus christ. Talk about practiced sound bites and that politicians smile. She was nigh intolerable, and quite shameless. Repeatedly either brazenly lying about Kelly and his positions or literally making up new lies on the spot, and had a big fixation on tying him to Ilhan Omar and Nancy Pelosi which makes no sense since he's running for Senate, but also Chuck Schumer. Very much your usual "INSERT POPULAR DEMOCRAT TO HATE HERE" attacks.

So there's that good news, I guess.
    I saw a clip of the debate where she was asked whether she supports Trump or not. Watching the clip and her filibustering the question was cringe worthy.

Someone on Twitter asked how can she have been running for Senate for four years and not have an answer to that question.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    At least Marie Antoinette promised cake.
    We'll just have to settle for bread from Subway.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Not surprising. He's been ahead for a while now as McSally has been deeply, deeply unpopular. As I've said before, some of that might be due to her plea to supporters to skip a meal and send her campaign the savings. Yes, really.
    She couldn't beat pink tutu, openly bisexual, former Code Pink and war protester, Sinema. How does the GOP expect her to defeat former fighter pilot/astronaut Kelly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Someone on Twitter asked how can she have been running for Senate for four years and not have an answer to that question.
    She...she didn't know it was a special election? The election she's running in?

hell while we are at it can we re-open the investigation into bush/cheney emails too?

why not since we are so head long in rehashing the same black holes over and over

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_W...an%20Henry%20A.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/07/polit...lly/index.html

Some pretty good highlights from what appears like it will largely be viewed as a victory for Kelly in the AZ debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/07/polit...lly/index.html

Some pretty good highlights from what appears like it will largely be viewed as a victory for Kelly in the AZ debate.
    So, this line "My opponent is claiming that he's not a politician, or not even a Democrat, but that's counterfeit," said McSally. "The truth is that he is bought and paid for by Chuck Schumer, whose path to power goes through Arizona.", I can't help but to think that this might be "true"; as in yes politicians do receive funds for their campaigns from their respective party's treasury to fund their campaigns. Heck odds are that she herself have received funds from the GOP for her own campaign, is she bought and paid for by McConnell?

Like it seems like such a weird line to throw out there, because it might hold truth, but it isn't exactly much of a gotcha, if you know how politics work.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You are missing another very important part of why I could never vote for any candidate now who supports abortion on demand. While I understand it is a Constitutional right as per the Supreme Court, I do not support it in the way it is done for any reason at all. I support getting that ruling changed. Just like many support a repeal or amendment of the Second Amendment.

So you see, from my perspective ( and avoiding getting into a forbidden topic on here ) I think the Democrats are partly responsible for millions of unborn childern being killed. Since I believe our life starts at conception. A huge larger number have been killed by their support of such than the pandemic has killed. And I have not been this strong of a pro life until about 10 years ago.

hmm i wonder where you stand on trump now??
    Oh right you will just ignore the story
    Pretend you don't see it, pretend you don't see the discussion here....just bury your head. Sad

https://theslot.jezebel.com/man-faci...out-1845287471

Man Facing Death Suddenly No Longer Gives a Shit About God

It should come as no surprise then that Trump golfs with the company’s CEO and as recently as 2017 held Regeneron stock.

But it also appears that the president, a person who just cannot stop tweeting about his anti-abortion agenda in the twilight stretch of the presidential race, is taking a drug that was developed through research that used a common cell cultured decades ago from an aborted fetus, by a company that embraces stem cell research—both practices considered at odds with the anti-abortion agenda, and one of which has been broadly rejected by Trump’s federal advisory committee on taxpayer-funded research.

How interesting that supposedly ironclad convictions can disappear in a moment of mortal crisis.

Last year, the Trump administration halted research using fetal tissue obtained from elective abortions, a regulation that has stymied work on coronavirus vaccines and therapies. In one notable instance this March, a senior immunologist at the National Institutes of Health was prevented from researching the virus after appealing to the administration several times. In August, an administration task force stocked with opponents of human fetal tissue research rejected 14 out of 15 research proposals. Scientists and state attorneys general have appealed to the administration to reverse this ban, arguing that working with fetal tissue—the “gold standard” for many studies—would more quickly and effectively allow coronavirus research to advance.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

In seven states that report mail ballots by party registration, including the battlegrounds of Florida, Iowa, North Carolina and Pennsylvania, 882,798 Democrats already have their ballots returned and accepted, compared with 370,981 Republicans, according to data compiled by the U.S. Elections Project, which tracks early voting and voter turnout.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    In seven states that report mail ballots by party registration, including the battlegrounds of Florida, Iowa, North Carolina and Pennsylvania, 882,798 Democrats already have their ballots returned and accepted, compared with 370,981 Republicans, according to data compiled by the U.S. Elections Project, which tracks early voting and voter turnout.
    They are reporting the ballots have been accepted? That's fucking awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    They are reporting the ballots have been accepted? That's fucking awesome.
    FL has a long history of mail in ballots. Also one of the most purple states in the union. Trump won't stop that even if he had a lacky in the governors mansion, one who won by less than 1% so he isn't well received.

BUT before people get excited, the numbers arent far from typical or expected. Also only concerns people registered to parties without taking into NPAs (whether they consider themselves independent or people who just didn't bother ticking a box), those who won't vote, and those who plan to vote on election day (which more than likely will be skewed Republican). So people need not take any thing for granted and vote.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-says...195300588.html

Trump now tweeting that he'll immediately sign a stimulus package.

Off. His. Fucking. Rocker.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

He - or more likely one of the people who would risk getting close to someone infected with COVID - probably showed him the stock market dip and now he's trying to course correct. Like he does every time his stupid bullshit hurts the stock market.

Has he slept at all since getting back to the White House?

10+ Year Old Account

i thought he was going to wait till the election was over....i'm confused.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i thought he was going to wait till the election was over....i'm confused.
    I mean, he’s a fucking lunatic currently on a course of steroids. Do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Edit: Question, is he still in Twitter meltdown mode?
    Yes. He's literally making up new numbers now, claiming that "11,00 North Carolina residents get incorrect voter registration forms. 2000 LA County Voters received “faulty” Ballots, with NO WAY TO VOTE FOR PRESIDENT. Many others throughout USA. Here we go. This will be the most corrupt Election in American History!"

The roid rage is so strong in this one he's lost all his capacity over when to use commas in numbers.

That whole drug test before the debates idea of his is actually sounding pretty good right now. The American people have a right to know what all he's hopped up on.
    Last edited by Ursus; 2020-10-07 at 10:08 AM.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

I love all of these leftist hitpieces that declare Trump has already lost.

Yeah, we aren't afraid of the virus, we plan to show our support in person at the polls. Keep dreaming libs, there's no way a dementia addled nobody is taking office over Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Axe View Post
    I love all of these leftist hitpieces that declare Trump has already lost.

Yeah, we aren't afraid of the virus, we plan to show our support in person at the polls. Keep dreaming libs, there's no way a dementia addled nobody is taking office over Trump.
    So, you made an account, just to post this bullshit? Trump is losing 2 to 1 in SENIORS, something that Republicans usually win simply because they are blind enough to watch Fox News, just like you.

And if Joe Biden has dementia, what does Trump have? Besides mental roid rage from the steroids he is on after getting Covid?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    So, you made an account, just to post this bullshit? Trump is losing 2 to 1 in SENIORS, something that Republicans usually win simply because they are blind enough to watch Fox News, just like you.

And if Joe Biden has dementia, what does Trump have? Besides mental roid rage from the steroids he is on after getting Covid?
    Roids are temporary, dementia is forever.

This is the same thing that happened in 2016. The dems get all up on their high horses because they think they've got it made. But we're the silent majority, not my fault you choose not to see it.