Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I thought you didn't believe in anonymous source?
    Two sources corroborated the email.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Two anonymous sources? I don't see how that makes a difference if, as you've asserted previously, anonymous sources cannot be trusted.

Because if having two anonymous sources is your bar for credibility, then it gives credibility to a huge number of anonymously sourced reporting that's very damaging to Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    That's just my personal opinion on the subject. I could be wrong. If the source isn't a Russian disinformation campaign, then its a disinformation campaign entirely orchestrated by the GOP. I'll let you decide which one you think is worse.
    I think it's far more likely that some Russian actor hacked Hunter Biden's iCloud to get the photos and then some GoP actor (*cough* Bannon! *cough*) cobbled those together with some fake emails and then laundered them through a fake laptop scheme in order to attempt election interference.

In that case, you could legitimately claim that it wasn't a part of a Russian disinformation campaign, but yet still constitutes Russian election interference.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

7+ Year Old Account
    That's just my personal opinion on the subject. I could be wrong. If the source isn't a Russian disinformation campaign, then its a disinformation campaign entirely orchestrated by the GOP. I'll let you decide which one you think is more liklely
    So you already have your mind made up I see. Totally ignore the mounting evidence and very real possibility that Biden was corrupt as hell. Got it.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Two anonymous sources? I don't see how that makes a difference if, as you've asserted previously, anonymous sources cannot be trusted.

Because if having two anonymous sources is your bar for credibility, then it gives credibility to a huge number of anonymously sourced reporting that's very damaging to Trump.
    i totaly saw him do it so thats 3 anon sources so now he must be guilty !

unrelated but what has he supposedly done ?

Please provide your evidence...I'll wait.

FYI, the Director of National Intelligence thinks otherwise:

“It’s funny that some of the people who complain the most about intelligence being politicized are the ones politicizing the intelligence. Unfortunately, it is Adam Schiff who said the intelligence community believes the Hunter Biden laptop and emails on it are part of a Russian disinformation campaign.”

“Let me be clear: the intelligence community doesn’t believe that because there is no intelligence that supports that. And we have shared no intelligence with Adam Schiff, or any member of Congress.”
    You meant this guy?

DNI Ratcliffe has broken his promise to keep politics out of intelligence, intelligence veterans say
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...f1a_story.html

Trump’s intel chief is undermining U.S. intelligence. He should resign
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...should-resign/

7+ Year Old Account

IIRC, you cited something based on ONE anonymous source and I called out it's questionability. Am I wrong?

So you already have your mind made up I see. Totally ignore the mounting evidence and very real possibility that Biden was corrupt as hell. Got it.
    I'm pretty sure everyone with an above avg IQ is ignoring the bullshit evidence that doesn't hold up. Good luck.

Like I already posted, this Hunter Biden nonsense is complete bullshit. The only people who are going to believe it are right wing crazies that were voting Trump anyways.

If someone cares about corruption then they can't vote for Trump. Anyone supporting Trump and claiming to care about corruption is lying.

IIRC, you cited something based on ONE anonymous source and I called out it's questionability. Am I wrong?
    What one thing? Most of the reporting has had multiple anonymous sources, yet the mantra from conservatives has been, "We can't trust anonymous sources!"...at least until now, when there's an anonymous source that supports your view.

Unrelated news to this specific discussion - https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020...8221603128334/

Trump rule that would have kicked roughly a million Americans off of food assistance during a pandemic with high unemployment was struck down by a judge. There's a common phrase included in the ruling -

Howell said in her ruling that the USDA's final rule was "arbitrary and capricious," stripping states of their current flexibility in providing food assistance benefits.
    For those unfamiliar with the word "caprice" - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/caprice

Definition of caprice

1a: a sudden, impulsive, and seemingly unmotivated notion or action
    policy changes that seem to be motivated by nothing more than caprice

b: a sudden usually unpredictable condition, change, or series of changes
    the caprices of the weather

2: a disposition to do things impulsively
    a preference for democratic endeavor over authoritarian caprice

Oh and btw... voters aren't fooled by this -
    https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...67408344285189
    5 national polls were in the field this weekend. Here's what they say compared to the last edition of the poll before the Hunter Biden story/"story" broke.

RMG: Biden +8 now/+8 before
    SurveyMonkey: +8/+6
    TIPP: Biden +5.5/+8
    USC: +12.5/+13
    YouGov: +11/+10

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I wonder what kind of total numbers we're going to see at the end of this - will be interesting if it balloons past 2016, given the current pandemic and voter suppression.
    We are definitely going to have a record breaking election turnout. That is not in doubt anymore. The question is how big? Here is the breakdown of early votes by race for the Presidential battleground states. Caucasian share of the total vote count is down 2.2% from 2016.

Lets take a look at the early votes for the battleground states. Numbers are as of 10/19.

Texas: 40.5% 2016 vote count = 1,800,000 GOP vs. 1,500,000 DEM vs. 300,000 other

Florida: 26.2% 2016 vote count = 950,000 GOP vs. 1,350,000 DEM vs. 200,000 other

Pennsylvania: 11% 2016 vote count = 180,000 GOP vs. 500,000 DEM vs. 30,000 other

Ohio: 20% 2016 vote count = 500,000 GOP vs. 500,000 DEM vs. 125,000 other

Georgia: 34.7% 2016 vote count = 700,000 GOP vs. 705,000 DEM vs. 110,000 other

Michigan: 29.5% 2016 vote count = 510,000 GOP vs. 610,000 DEM vs. 260,000 other

North Carolina: 30% 2016 vote count = 520,000 GOP vs. 805,000 DEM vs. 100,000 other

Arizona: 21.5% 2016 vote count = 230,000 GOP vs. 305,000 DEM vs. 50,000 other

Wisconsin: 28.5% 2016 vote count = 280,000 GOP vs. 380,000 DEM vs. 175,000 other

Minnesota: 31.8% 2016 vote count = 270,000 GOP vs. 450,000 DEM vs. 210,000 other

Sources:

US Election Project

Targetearly 2020

Please provide your evidence...I'll wait.

FYI, the Director of National Intelligence thinks otherwise:

“It’s funny that some of the people who complain the most about intelligence being politicized are the ones politicizing the intelligence. Unfortunately, it is Adam Schiff who said the intelligence community believes the Hunter Biden laptop and emails on it are part of a Russian disinformation campaign.”

“Let me be clear: the intelligence community doesn’t believe that because there is no intelligence that supports that. And we have shared no intelligence with Adam Schiff, or any member of Congress.”
    You mean the DNI who is a devout Trumpster... who has no experience in national intelligence...

There is no evidence. That's the problem. there is only accusations. The only "evidence" so far are some pdfs of emails that. as far as i can find, has not been authenticated.

If that changes, then i might be more open to this being an actual thing, but right now this is just Hillary's emails 2.0 and I believe that's the point. But no ones falling for it this time.

Point being, are anonymous sources credible or not?

If you've called into question the veracity of anonymous sources before you can't really expect to be taken seriously when you're now trying to cite an anonymous source to support your viewpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have four sources that say the email story is made up.

There is no evidence. That's the problem. there is only accusations. The only "evidence" so far are some pdfs of emails that. as far as i can find, has not been authenticated.

If that changes, then i might be more open to this being an actual thing, but right now this is just Hillary's emails 2.0
    Not to mention the metadata on some of those emails indicating that they were created after Hunter allegedly dropped his laptop off at a repair shop on the other side of the country without leaving a name or any contact details for payment, and the repair shop guy (who just HAPPENS to be a Trump supporter) starts doing billable work without knowing who to bill it to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Who do you think is lying here...Ratcliffe or Lying Adam Schiff?

10+ Year Old Account
    One of those two "sources" is Giuliani/Bannon.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    So that laptop wasn't Hunter's and the emails are uncorroborated? lol
    I don't follow where you drew any such conclusions from my [sarcastic] post about the Republicans going after the real threats... guys not running for office.
    /s