Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Slice and Dice = just another weakaura on your screen.

I think Slice and Dice is a pretty good example of Blizzard misunderstanding what we want with this "unpruning". We don't just want more button to press. Slice and Dice is just another weakaura on your screen.

We want abilities back because they make sense. We want USEFUL abilities like Gouge for all specs. Gouge is an very iconic for Rogues and is an extremely useful ability. Gouge should be a Rogue ability and not an Outlaw ability.

WE WANT USEFUL ABILITIES BLIZZARD! Sorry for caps

Keywords in this thread: USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL

Did I mention that we want USEFUL abilities?

Example: DKs are getting Anti-Magic Zone back. That is an EXTREMELY useful ability.

It would be cool if Rogue got Smoke Bomb as raid utility!
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-04-14 at 10:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    What is your prob! I am thankful they did not nerf FoK yet and you talk about gouge???go do something useful for our class.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    I am thankful they did not nerf FoK yet and you talk about gouge???
    What in the bloody warm smoldering hell are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I think Slice and Dice is a pretty good example of Blizzard misunderstanding what we want with this "unpruning". We don't just want more button to press. Slice and Dice is just another weakaura on your screen.

We want abilities back because they make sense. We want USEFUL abilities like Gouge for all specs. Gouge is an very iconic for Rogues and is an extremely useful ability. Gouge should be a Rogue ability and not an Outlaw ability.

Keywords in this thread: USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL USEFUL

Slice and Dice was a definitive combat ability for a very, very long time, and as a talent in it's current form it literally makes you do less DPS than if you selected no talent in that line at all.

I welcome it back, maintenance buffs are a very common theme in this game and a big thing that sets apart the casuals from the big boys.

What in the bloody warm smoldering hell are you talking about?
    AOE and target cap probably

7+ Year Old Account
    We don't just want more button to press. Slice and Dice is just another weakaura on your screen.
    Well, every Dot is just another WA/Icon on your screen.
    Every buff falls into the same category.

Comparing SnD to Gouge is kinda weird.

"We" means "You" - Are we right?

Funny, when they first announced the changes a few days ago they didn't specifically mention Slice and Dice coming back and there was a thread within 5 minutes of how Slice and Dice is an iconic spell that Rogues need to have and they were all upset it wasn't coming back. Then it came back, so I guess that thread died.

They very obviously didn't want to add abilities back that would break balance, giving every Rogue Gouge would be a massive balancing headache, makes sense they aren't giving it back to everyone. Meanwhile Slice and Dice is still an iconic Rogue ability and can be easily balanced around because it isn't a utility type ability.

What an empty thing to say, basically any ability can be made into "just a weak aura".
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Funny, when they first announced the changes a few days ago they didn't specifically mention Slice and Dice coming back and there was a thread within 5 minutes of how Slice and Dice is an iconic spell that Rogues need to have and they were all upset it wasn't coming back. Then it came back, so I guess that thread died.

They very obviously didn't want to add abilities back that would break balance, giving every Rogue Gouge would be a massive balancing headache, makes sense they aren't giving it back to everyone. Meanwhile Slice and Dice is still an iconic Rogue ability and can be easily balanced around because it isn't a utility type ability.
    Do you mean the same as the new Intervene Warriors are getting, Shield wall, Slam, AOE Shouts,...? Or the 3rolls for WW, TOD sub 15% Execute on all Monks, Reverse Harm on all monks,...

With these changes and many others, Gouge can come back just fine, if not has to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    a big thing that sets apart the casuals from the big boys.
    I wish this was true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    What an empty thing to say, basically any ability can be made into "just a weak aura".
    A lot of abilities can yes. But Slice and Dice have actively been added to the specs (talent for Outlaw but not really used) now compared to BFA so I'm focusing on the new editions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrallinor View Post
    Well, every Dot is just another WA/Icon on your screen.
    Every buff falls into the same category.
    Yes so no need to add more. It's definitely not what we wanted from this "unpruning".

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish this was true.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of abilities can yes. But Slice and Dice have actively been added to the specs (talent for Outlaw but not really used) now compared to BFA so I'm focusing on the new editions.
    Bad players don't properly utilize these buffs. Good plays do. So, yeah, it is true.

Comparing SnD to Gouge is kinda weird.
    I'm not comparing them. I'm saying that Gouge is the kind of ability we want back (because it's useful) and SnD is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Bad players don't properly utilize these buffs. Good plays do. So, yeah, it is true.
    But that's very very bad players.

It doesn't differentiate excellent players from decent players.

You're not a good player just because you can manage SnD with a weakaura in the middle of your screen.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-04-14 at 08:40 AM.

I don't like that because of the PvP.

Now as assa you will have to put rupture/garrote on your target and also snd on yourself before CDs. The worst thing is that they'll probably balance it out(instead of making it OP), so it'll be proportionally the same things as it is now... with just rupture/garrote.

"We" means "You" - Are we right?
    Whatever you like

First of all, speak for yourself. Spamming words and always saying "we" is pretty cringy and nobody is gonna take you seriously.

That being said, I do agree that adding SnD back is stupid/useless, however that is legit what many players wanted for whatever reason. I was actually glad when they "removed"(turned into a passive) it for assa rogues in WoD.

Gouge for all spec is something I'd like to see too, however tbh I understand that this is a balancing issue. The last two expansions have proven that sub/assa continue to be extremely strong in pvp even without it and contrary on what that guy (who keeps spamming how sub is totally ruined) on this forum wants to make everyone believe.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    First of all, speak for yourself.
    When I say "we" people say: "speak for yourself".

When I say "I" people say: "this is not your personal blog".

I cant win either way xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    however that is legit what many players wanted for whatever reason.
    Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't seen many people asking for SnD back for all specs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess I'm not we. Not saying this applies to Slice and Dice, but I would prefer abilities with fun interactions with each other over abilities that are simply useful (which in MMOs mostly means OP).

When I say "we" people say: "speak for yourself".

When I say "I" people say: "this is not your personal blog".

I cant win either way xD
    Fair point, sorta...

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    but I would prefer abilities with fun interactions with each other
    But this I would also define as "useful" because it makes sense in relation to "fun".

Come on dude, using SnD has nothing to do with skill or some shit. Having 100% uptime on SnD was always extremely simple, even as assasination