Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That is the reason. Because they are uncapped. If I have learned one thing about wow community is that reason doesn't have to exist for people to grind it.

- - - Updated - - -

First of all.

You don't have to do

1, 2, 3, 5.

You can skip story entirely. You just have to do cloak, visions do some M+ keys and raid.

Second, alts should not be free otherwise they would be mandatory. And lately I genuinely hope even switching specs should be expensive as fuck.
    You have to do both nazj and mecha to unlock zones, even if not the complete chain.
    Nazj is also mandatory to unlock the chamber of heart, so I don't know what are you talking about.

About essences you have to unlock them ( even if you can wait and unlock them through visions ),and about cloak, you have to do them, unless you can't manage the corruption from items ( if lvl 15 would have been the cap it would have been barely ok, but surprise, past lvl 15 is +3 corruption every week, which is mandatory, for either main and alt ).

Your second point is totally nonsense.
    You are somehow glad that they forced players not to have alternative ( it is right they have to grind as the main! ). I see no purpose in this.

But still better than your last point

nd lately I genuinely hope even switching specs should be expensive as fuck
    No even sure if you were genuinely honest there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Wait what? The grind to do a vision is a 2 minute at most mini vision daily.
    I was taking into account the entire assaults, assuming that you want to do your horrific visions as much as possible because you want to do the content, but that's fair enough.

Let me change the angle of my approach: The only flaw with horrific visions is that I can only do that content for 2-3 times a week, and they don't last long at all.

The point I'm trying to make is that the chore of the horrific vision experience feels fun enough imo, but it's hard to experience them as just fun content.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far Torghast is everything I wanted. I really am looking forward to it. Just hope Blizzard sticks to the core ideas and doesn't change it I.E Adding a timer or something.

These are not the rental powers, the soul binds are the rental powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Torghast, so far, feels like rental power done right. I'm very, very cautiously optimistic about Shadowlands so far.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Looks good so far.
    I got bad feeling that it will be so unbalanced for different classes... also we literally got ppl already doing +70 lvl of it, lol.

Don't feel like searching through streams to watch it, I think ill wait for some youtube videos. Glad that people seem happy with it, but I was never one to enjoy something just because others do, and the other way around. The real test for me will be SL release probably.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Looks good so far.
    I got bad feeling that it will be so unbalanced for different classes... also we literally got ppl already doing +70 lvl of it, lol.
    They said they have the knobs to tune it per spec now whereas before they did not.

Also it's literally alpha and you get shit for rewards going that high anyway. They already know blink mage is one of the OP ones atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    It needs to be a permanent endgame system imo. Alongside M+, Raids, PvP.
    Please make this so happen.................

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. Not sure I would call it "Rental power" though. I mean, you unlock something fun while doing the run but it is gone once you are done. They are tools to complete this specific content.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem I see with Torghast at the moment is balance, but it's literally the last thing they typically touch on. From a game play perspective it looks absolutely fine.

Something I noticed (again, this is a balance thing), is that the difficulty seems front loaded. Once you get enough anima powers rolling you basically scale out of control and nothing can really touch you. This is actually fine, but only sometimes.

To preface this, Risk of Rain (which is the genre Torghast is based on) sometimes has runs that basically behave like a lot of the runs I saw recently. Your character gets so absurdly strong because your not only good at the game, but because an extreme amount of luck was bestowed upon you. This doesn't happen that often, but it's pretty fun when it happens because you're an unstoppable god. It eventually gets boring though because there's no challenge. The inverse is also true though, and sometimes with no fault of your own, your run just sucks because the buffs you get suck.

Most of the time however in these type of games, the above scenarios really don't manifest themselves that often. It's usually dictated by skill and careful decisions, and the power creep that you get is often met with the game scaling to basically match you. 80% of games generally feel like this scenario, where some levels you're barely hanging on, and the next level you get you have a way easier time with.

It looks extremely fun and I just hope they get the balance right in the long term. It's fun to literally smash through it if you get great luck with the buffs, but as it stands it seems like most just scale pretty quickly if they overcome the difficulty at the beginning of the tower. Way too early though to bitch and moan about the balance of it, so I'll just leave with stating that the concept looks pretty great thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Wait what? The grind to do a vision is a 2 minute at most mini vision daily.
    You're not doing many visions if the only grinding your doing is the mini visions each day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    These are not the rental powers, the soul binds are the rental powers.
    You are gaining temporary power that you will lose once you leave the instance and have to regain again the next time you do the content. It is a rental power system, but on a much shorter term than for a whole expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

You can skip story entirely. You just have to do cloak, visions do some M+ keys and raid.
    As someone who is currently in the process of switching mains at the moment, you can skip VERY LITTLE on a fresh 120 to get into doing relevant content. There are a couple of scenarios during the cloak quest you can skip, but the amount of time that saves is small compared to the whole thing. You will be playing for hours doing boring quests before you even get your cloak, which includes much of what the poster you quoted mentioned. I've stopped doing anything outside of raiding on my "main" until my alt gets caught up, but the amount of stuff I've had to do all over again on a fresh alt this expansion is absolutely absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    It needs to be a permanent endgame system imo. Alongside M+, Raids, PvP.
    Yes. Yes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    As someone who is currently in the process of switching mains at the moment, you can skip VERY LITTLE on a fresh 120 to get into doing relevant content. There are a couple of scenarios during the cloak quest you can skip, but the amount of time that saves is small compared to the whole thing. You will be playing for hours doing boring quests before you even get your cloak, which includes much of what the poster you quoted mentioned. I've stopped doing anything outside of raiding on my "main" until my alt gets caught up, but the amount of stuff I've had to do all over again on a fresh alt this expansion is absolutely absurd.
    Dude, I have twelve 120 alts. I didn't touch campaings on those alts. You can skip tons of stuff.
    I actually don't remember if you have to do intro quests to nazjatar and mechagon but even if you do, that is up to 1h at best.
    You don't do any assaults or other shit. Just slam visions and M+ and your are geared up to the teeth.
    You only have to do invasion main quest (which is like 4-5 events) two times a week to get coins for visions.

My hunter is at 47X right now and I barely done anything on him. Just the intro quests (one time), M+, visions.

You need to do the intro for nazjatar, as that is the one that is followed by the immersion breaking interruption of magni having something important to tell you which unlocks the heartforge. Mechagon is purely optional. You need to do assaults to get cloak levels to actually make sensible use of your corruptions, as that will be a large chunk of your damage, since your gear overall will be quite shit. Well at least if you want to run higher m+ without being carried.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You need to do the intro for nazjatar, as that is the one that is followed by the immersion breaking interruption of magni having something important to tell you which unlocks the heartforge. Mechagon is purely optional. You need to do assaults to get cloak levels to actually make sensible use of your corruptions, as that will be a large chunk of your damage, since your gear overall will be quite shit. Well at least if you want to run higher m+ without being carried.
    So in other worlds.
    2h questline one time
    15-30 minutes per week to do assaults
    30 minutes per vision

doesn't seem like a huge time investment.

Dude, I have twelve 120 alts. I didn't touch campaings on those alts. You can skip tons of stuff.
    I actually don't remember if you have to do intro quests to nazjatar and mechagon but even if you do, that is up to 1h at best.
    You don't do any assaults or other shit. Just slam visions and M+ and your are geared up to the teeth.
    You only have to do invasion main quest (which is like 4-5 events) two times a week to get coins for visions.

My hunter is at 47X right now and I barely done anything on him. Just the intro quests (one time), M+, visions.
    Your perception of time is extremely off. That's all I'm going to say at this point. Getting an alt caught up in BFA is a dumpster fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I have harped on about how much I hate rental powers I actually think that in this kind of setting it makes it more acceptable, its more a game mode than any continuing featuring outside of it.

If these abilities from the towers were all over the game I might have some complaints but they are only confined to the tower and I am okay with that

Unlike the artifact weapon or azerite armours where you basically carried them around everywhere you went and they were gone by the next expansion... although now learning that we are getting some of those abilities so... yeah :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-04-18 at 08:24 PM.

I think, it's the first time i see people here excited for a new feature

All the people who play 10 hours a day will get bored of it in a couple weeks, and then come back here telling us it is the worst thing Blizzard has ever done in history.