Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As others have said, we already worked through Thralls family issues in WoD. I fail to see the appeal to do it again in SL.

If they had wanted military fanatics then they could have gone for someone like Whitemane or any of the orcs, like Grom or Blackhand. If they had any foresight then they could have used one of the dead nelf generals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    Shouldn't they write some good female characters first? Everyone they have has been rewritten and been shown to have such dramatic mood swings in order to fit plot wholes they become parodies of themselves... The only exception I can think of is that pally they built up in WoD but im sure they are going to ruin her with their terrible " The light is actually evil" plot
    Eh, Talanji was fine for what she actually was. Not nearly as bad as the already existing cast or the instant-conversion nelf sentinell jokers..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    As others have said, we already worked through Thralls family issues in WoD. I fail to see the appeal to do it again in SL.

If they had wanted military fanatics then they could have gone for someone like Whitemane or any of the orcs, like Grom or Blackhand. If they had any foresight then they could have used one of the dead nelf generals.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, Talanji was fine for what she actually was. Not nearly as bad as the already existing cast or the instant-conversion nelf sentinell jokers..
    I guess but she didn't really do anything... She had the same impact on the story as anduin in classic. She was there... but that is about all that can be said about her. Everything that happened, happened around her she didn't influence any of it. I think I can make a strong case that a potted plant could of served equally well filling in for her role in the plot.

I guess but she didn't really do anything... She had the same impact on the story as anduin in classic. She was there... but that is about all that can be said about her. Everything that happened, happened around her she didn't influence any of it. I think I can make a strong case that a potted plant could of served equally well filling in for her role in the plot.
    Ah come on, she clearly did some stuff in Nazmir and later she took over Zandalar and helped us with Voljin. What you describe is Myla Highmountain.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually quite liked Talanji. She was one of the few believable parts of BFA, except where the war just up and stops because Sylvanas flies away and we have to assume Talanji just goes "sure yeah my dad was murdered by the Alliance, time to forgive and forget." Sure he was a total fuck up boob, but.. jeez.

As for the sentinels, I assume they're going to explain that they reacted that way because they were dumped into Torghast, realized that was what awaited everyone, and decided "welp may as well serve Sylvanas because she intends to stop this - unlike Elune."

Ah come on, she clearly did some stuff in Nazmir and later she took over Zandalar and helped us with Voljin. What you describe is Myla Highmountain.
    I mean... I can make the case that finding a plant with some oddly discolored leaves and a troll saying " dis isn't good" would of functioned just as well.

Granted I might be unfair I am struggling to recall many characters beyond Glenn... WoW characters do not have sticking power... wasn't there some fat woman who was important in duskwoods as well?

I mean... I can make the case that finding a plant with some oddly discolored leaves and a troll saying " dis isn't good" would of functioned just as well.

Granted I might be unfair I am struggling to recall many characters beyond Glenn... WoW characters do not have sticking power... wasn't there some fat woman who was important in duskwoods as well?
    The fat one is probably ashvane and she was part of tiragarde sound. Drustwood was about the (normal) human woman who had to fight her murderous cunt of a mother that took over the zone with her witches coven to suck the dick of the ancient drust king dude that later kidnapped jaina. Or something like that.

The fat one is probably ashvane and she was part of tiragarde sound. Drustwood was about the (normal) human woman who had to fight her murderous cunt of a mother that took over the zone with her witches coven to suck the dick of the ancient drust king dude that later kidnapped jaina. Or something like that.
    Nah it wasn't ashvane... it was some terrible witch hunter plot or something like that... they throw you torches during the last boss fight.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Alexandros
    Shouldn't he be in Bastion though? He was noble and had noble acts and he would've been a second Tirion shouldn't he have been betrayed by Renault. Pretty ironic that he goes leading the things he swore to destroy now
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Nah it wasn't ashvane... it was some terrible witch hunter plot or something like that... they throw you torches during the last boss fight.
    Ah that was just one rando, she had no bearing on anything else other than that she was promoted at the end as the leader of the guard we formed. I wouldn't exactly call her important, she had a rather isolated story afaik.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Shouldn't he be in Bastion though? He was noble and had noble acts and he would've been a second Tirion shouldn't he have been betrayed by Renault. Pretty ironic that he goes leading the things he swore to destroy now
    I mean if you become a DK and start leading scourge forces you probably aren't that virteous anymore.

Shouldn't they write some good female characters first? Everyone they have has been rewritten and been shown to have such dramatic mood swings in order to fit plot wholes they become parodies of themselves... The only exception I can think of is that pally they built up in WoD but im sure they are going to ruin her with their terrible " The light is actually evil" plot
    Blizzard's character writing is always all over the place, the female characters don't have a monopoly on that, they've just had more spotlight recently to make up for years of sausage fest so they seem worse due to recency bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Honestly, this is just so, so baffling to me. Draka has fuck-all to do with anything or anyone. Nobody cares about Draka, nobody WANTS to get to know her. She is utterly meaningless and unimportant to the lore.

Trying to make her into some major player in the Lore is just a dumb move.

My personal pick would have been having the Four Horsemen be our "guides" into each of the four new Covenants, as that seems a lot more thematically appropriate. But hey, aside from looking super weird and blue, seeing Uther again could be exciting. A good Maldraxxus counterpoint to that, in my opinion, would've been Alexandros Mograine. He would've had far more to offer the story, and brings a reputation with him all the same.

Or hell, if they really wanted an Orc, why not Orgrim Doomhammer? Hell, his name is practically a perfect fit for a "Necrolord". I could also see Grom Hellscream (which admittedly, I'd be excited for, if only to hear his WoD VA pick the mantle back up).

Draka is just SUCH a weird choice, I can't possibly imagine what they hope to achieve, other than some forced "mother-son moments" with Thrall at some point.

Eh... I dunno. Just seems like a wasted opportunity, and I have zero interest in "learning more about her plight".
    I cant put my finger on it either, but I agree with you OP. She was cool in the movie, during WC1 stuff, but these days it's just... eh. *That* was someones best choice for an orc character of notability?
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't they write some good female characters first?
    Ooh careful there, your not complying with the woke agenda. It doesn't matter if their well written, you just need to accept their a woman and that's all that matters.

Now if your excuse me i'm going to go watch terminator 1 and 2 Sarah Conner and Alien/Aliens Ripley turn in their graves.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    wanna see a trick? imagine those who believe in odin end up in christian hell! or christian happen into indian paradise!
    see the problem? NO RACE can prove that their believes are right, undtill they die. and when they die? they happen in place most suited for them as individual (plus it's said that shadowlands have limitless worlds). Sometimes they able to speak from "da other side", but it's rare, and never they describe how it is.
    the bold doesn't make this 'better'...

and it's going to do nothing with how the masses are going to take these 4 zones and correlate them to the main corners of the basic alignment chart

Its just like making an original character except using one that would reasonably be there.

Also dont presume to speak for players. Weve had almost no characterization of her in the past.

If u dont like it...jist ignore it? Like i said its no different than if it was an original character. The plot could end up exactly the same but by picking a character with relevance they can add in aditional moments.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Blizzard's character writing is always all over the place, the female characters don't have a monopoly on that, they've just had more spotlight recently to make up for years of sausage fest so they seem worse due to recency bias.
    You might be right... a lot of characters stand on their own from WC 3 still there haven't been many additions I would mark as positive since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Ooh careful there, your not complying with the woke agenda. It doesn't matter if their well written, you just need to accept their a woman and that's all that matters.

Now if your excuse me i'm going to go watch terminator 1 and 2 Sarah Conner and Alien/Aliens Ripley turn in their graves.
    how DARE you?!reported to the internet police!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Because Thrall is back, everyone already knows about his father so it's a good time to explore his mother's character as well.

Also because if they didn't use Draka then every prominent lore figure in Shadowlands would be a human or an elf.
    Tbh they could've done a skeletal Maraad instead and that would've been a super mind fuck that he was one of the most devout paladins and all about defending others but he ends up in Maldraxxus of all places. Damn now I want a Maraad Rises storyline.

Also I wonder if Runas would've fit considered he fought his fellow Nightfallen to survive and in the end helped the Blue Dragonflight to continue to eke out their existence. But I mostly agree with OP. Draka is just a weird choice, MU more so than AU too if it turns out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Shes Green so probably MU draka
    She is also dead in a land where green skin seems to be a common colour so we can't say for sure. Kinda like how Uther is Blue and Kael is bleach.

Shouldn't they write some good female characters first?
    Isn't Vanessa VanCleef at least marginally good? Revenge plot that had some decent background and reasoning for why she exists and fights back against the player as well as why she tries going for the Uncrowned's top spot? Too bad she isn't dead so she could be used in place of Draka. Actually they could probably retcon her being alive and say that was another Dreadlord in Legion and the player character was just too stupid to not notice the second one involved in the Rogue's Class Hall Campaign.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2020-04-23 at 03:28 AM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Tbh they could've done a skeletal Maraad instead and that would've been a super mind fuck that he was one of the most devout paladins and all about defending others but he ends up in Maldraxxus of all places. Damn now I want a Maraad Rises storyline.

Also I wonder if Runas would've fit considered he fought his fellow Nightfallen to survive and in the end helped the Blue Dragonflight to continue to eke out their existence. But I mostly agree with OP. Draka is just a weird choice, MU more so than AU too if it turns out that way.

She is also dead in a land where green skin seems to be a common colour so we can't say for sure. Kinda like how Uther is Blue and Kael is bleach.

Isn't Vanessa VanCleef at least marginally good? Revenge plot that had some decent background and reasoning for why she exists and fights back against the player as well as why she tries going for the Uncrowned's top spot? Too bad she isn't dead so she could be used in place of Draka. Actually they could probably retcon her being alive and say that was another Dreadlord in Legion and the player character was just too stupid to not notice the second one involved in the Rogue's Class Hall Campaign.
    Vanessa VanCleef was amazing right until the rogue class hall where she gave everything up to become a do nothing henchman.

Agreed whole-heartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Because Thrall is back, everyone already knows about his father so it's a good time to explore his mother's character as well.

Also because if they didn't use Draka then every prominent lore figure in Shadowlands would be a human or an elf.
    General Nazgrim is one of the Four Horsemen now, so that would be a untrue based on OP
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation