Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That argument works once, at a stretch twice, but this is the third time the Orcs have used this defence, at some point you have to assume that they actually enjoy going around killing people, as indeed Surfang considered in "A Good War".
    It's not that orcs cannot change ever, but for everyone to belieive they are actually changed now we would need something more substantial than whatever happened at the end of BfA.
    Oh, the orcs liking war and killing has been known for a long time. Both MoP and WoD had zero demonic influence to convince orcs to go HAM on others.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-04-23 at 12:25 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The Alliance literally told the quel'dorei to fuck off and refused to help them when they asked. But just because the Alliance didn't start it doesn't make them innocent as they have absolutely been perpetuating it.

The Alliance is literally WHY the sin'dorei even exist. They begged the Alliance for aid and the King literally refused them ANY aid. As a result, Silvermoon was stranded with no allies which led to the Sunwell getting fucked and created the blood elves. If I was them, I'd ally with the enemies of the kingdom that literally almost eradicated my people too. Especially since the person that almost doomed my race was a HUMAN.
    This is wrong Quel'thalas, never got the chance to ask for help, they were sending aid to Lordaeron and then Arthas steamrolled through. What is true is that what remained of the Alliance didn't send them any help after their kingdom was decimated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    and you completely dismiss saurfang's story arc, and how that DIRECTLY ties into this.
    It does. For like, 120 members of the horde or something. Those that revelled with him. But that was a tiny, tiny , insignificant minority.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm not happy with the Forsaken statement. I can't even say Lilian or Calia feel that way. It's always been about protecting themselves, even Calia wants to focus on healing their emotional baggage. If she just swoops in and turns them into a vanguard to safeguard their Alliancne families, she's playing 4D chess on a higher plane than Sylvanas.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by SLNC View Post
    Yes, because that is usually why atrocities happen. Soldiers defecting or rebelling against orders is not the norm. Usually because the repercussions are severe.
    Strange whenever horde members go against orders they are normally trying to do the right thing with the least amount of death.

Koltira Deathweaver
    Zellig
    Bain
    Saurfang

Its almost like the default state of the horde is violence the undead in peticular

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I'm not happy with the Forsaken statement. I can't even say Lilian or Calia feel that way. It's always been about protecting themselves, even Calia wants to focus on healing their emotional baggage. If she just swoops in and turns them into a vanguard to safeguard their Alliancne families, she's playing 4D chess on a higher plane than Sylvanas.
    This whole altruistic angle is way over the top.

Races ,no matter which one, should protect the world mainly to protect themselves and their people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That argument works once, at a stretch twice, but this is the third time the Orcs have used this defence, at some point you have to assume that they actually enjoy going around killing people, as indeed Surfang considered in "A Good War".
    It's not that orcs cannot change ever, but for everyone to belieive they are actually changed now we would need something more substantial than whatever happened at the end of BfA.
    I dunno, I'd call switching to a leadership council during peacetime a pretty damn substantial change, because it lessens the risk of a singular person kickstarting a war again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Remember that what we're currently working with is an Alpha. I'm not a fan of these particular blurbs myself, as I think they exclude a lot of narrative potential and player agency in an RP sense - above and beyond sweeping the Fourth War under the proverbial rug. If you don't like these intro blurbs then this is the perfect time to submit feedback on them in the hopes that they're discarded or updated to better reflect the playable races.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    This whole altruistic angle is way over the top.

Races ,no matter which one, should protect the world mainly to protect themselves and their people.
    Well now we're delving into personal philosophy regarding societies and their goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Remember that what we're currently working with is an Alpha. I'm not a fan of these particular blurbs myself, as I think they exclude a lot of narrative potential and player agency in an RP sense - above and beyond sweeping the Fourth War under the proverbial rug. If you don't like these intro blurbs then this is the perfect time to submit feedback on them in the hopes that they're discarded or updated to better reflect the playable races.
    There has to be such negative feedback, precisely because at this stage it can still be changed.

Well now we're delving into personal philosophy regarding societies and their goals.
    Every society that prioritizes benefitting others over its own maintenance and improvement will inevitably fail when it can't do both.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I don't know a single altruistic race within the entire wow universe, just because the intro decides to call them that, just doesn't magically make them so.

Yes, because that is usually why atrocities happen. Soldiers defecting or rebelling against orders is not the norm. Usually because the repercussions are severe.
    Unless they get told that they are nothing by their leader, of course.

Then they suddenly scrape together the courage to oppose her.

There has to be such negative feedback, precisely because at this stage it can still be changed.
    Once it's on Alpha, it goes live

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Do they? I mean, we don't see anyone honorably try to shoot her while she's flying away, they just mope about it and passive-aggressively harass goblins who're trying to withdraw money from the bank after the fact. Then they cease to be because none of them having anything to do in the N'zoth story.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Yeah, realizing, that their loyality was misguided, can be a catalyst for rebellion.

How one can spew such bullshit after all this time I will never understand, try to read chronicle or do a wc3 mission and this pathetic little statement falls utterly apart.
    I played Warcraft III. Sorceresses and Priests came to help in spite of Anesterian's orders. Quel'thalas left the Alliance after the Second War, that's the lore. I don't own the Chronicles, but I'm willing to bet that bit wasn't retconned, so it was actually the future Blood Elves who refused to help, not the other way around.

And pretending the reverse a thousand times won't make it true.
    Last edited by Manariel; 2020-04-23 at 12:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Feedback should also be constructive, and not invective - it should also not be pointed at people here but rather the appropriate parties who can actually make the needed changes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Feedback should also be constructive, and not invective - it should also not be pointed at people here but rather the appropriate parties who can actually make the needed changes.
    Oh there has been plenty of constructive feedback, alongside the harsh bite.

Yeah, true, but we're not talking about punishment of singular actors, but the condemnation of a whole faction.

Doesn't matter whether or not something holds up in court, when it is the prime reason of why atrocities happen. I'm not talking about whether or not the justification is right.
    You are ignoring the fact that the horde did not just follow orders, they enjoyed it. Just play the horde questlines and you'll see. It's one thing to do something with because you feel like you have no choice or simple because you think it's your duty of if you thrive in it.