Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    https://twitter.com/SteveDanuser/sta...22932771086336

Danuser may have just got himself some fans with this.
    What did he mean with "content not yet playable"? They want to update them in the future, maybe when Calia becomes leader of Forsaken or something?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    What did he mean with "content not yet playable"? They want to update them in the future, maybe when Calia becomes leader of Forsaken or something?
    New Horde intro on the ship is not playable yet. Those lines are used in the scenario.

rotfl
    maybe we can even dodge the calia bullet
    but now sylvanas is doing even more meta narrative than before, im clinging to hope! xD

Don't disappoint me, Danuser. Your waifu is on the line. I want two shovel quests as an apology for this travesty.

Cheers fam
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-04-24 at 04:54 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Probably meant to be part and parcel of the flyover event, the intro before Exile's Reach and/or the starting choice. Most of that content is still NYI.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Don't disappoint me, Danuser. Your waifu is on the line. I want two shovel quests as an apology for this travesty.

Cheers fam
    i would be happy even just with Ardenweald skippable. not even customized lines of dialogue, just ignore that druid stuff.

To his defense, that term nowadays has been used in the media to represent a whole different matter. Modern times use "whitewashing" as a term to describe appropriation and favoritism that benefits the caucasian race. He's not wrong here and neither is OP. It's a little clickbaity if you look at it from a modern standpoint.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    i would be happy even just with Ardenweald skippable. not even customized lines of dialogue, just ignore that druid stuff.
    even Vol'jin's questlines there?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    So that blizz can elevate a character ,they killed off for no reason and chose to ignore for years on end, to a loa, who most likely will then be ignored again? I can see why people wouldn't want to bother with it. On another note I do hope they make the Tyrande Ardenweald Alliance specific, her working with horde characters is just too much.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2020-04-24 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    ....How does this have ANYTHING to do with whitewashing?
    Whitewashing is more than casting white actors in coloured roles. Whitewashing is also pretending that some historical events never happened. Such as the Panama Canal was built. What's whitewashed is the fact that many people died making it, it was a huge economic drain, mass displacement to have the room for making the Canal and that Roosevelt put immense pressure on Panama to make it build the canal so that the US would have little to no expenditure on an immense construction they stood to benefit from.

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    To his defense, that term nowadays has been used in the media to represent a whole different matter. Modern times use "whitewashing" as a term to describe appropriation and favoritism that benefits the caucasian race. He's not wrong here and neither is OP. It's a little clickbaity if you look at it from a modern standpoint.
    The media? You mean Twitter users

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I love how Blizz has the constant need to give the Horde an identity crisis.
    Just let the Horde be the Horde, if someone doesn't like the theme, the Alliance is over there.
    Exactly, Ally fans complain about "lack of narrative focus", but they sure af don't want the kind of "narrative focus" the Horde has been given as of late. Talk about double standards
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Great.

Now when are they adding the motivations for the faction war new players are directly thrust into after the starting zone experiences rather than just an ambigious note of "tensions arose."

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    nah, if nature and druids arent involved its fine, isnt like i care so much from a rp perspective, but i still like troll stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Great.

Now when are they adding the motivations for the faction war new players are directly thrust into after the starting zone experiences rather than just an ambigious note of "tensions arose."
    Knowing Blizz, well ........ never.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Knowing Blizz, well ........ never.
    Call me pessimistic, but in my eyes, I'm thinking the displeasure he wants to quell most is that of the Forsaken fans who now feel like their fantasy of playing an edgy zombie got squished by this new text.

Just as he looked at all the displeasure surrounding BfA's story and decided to reassure the Forsaken fans that they would get their dedicated little choices to support Sylvanas so that they wouldn't feel alienated.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urfaustus View Post
    They can just change the tiressly protecting the living and it would be fine.. that only works if you are an undead priest
    An undead non-shadow priest, I might add. Shadow priests literally torture their enemies' minds, which certainly doesn't befit a "good" aligned character... Not in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Can we just get an intro that says:
    "Welcome to Azeroth, populated with dozens of different races, with some evil, some good, some selfish, some noble, and all of them fucked up in their own way!
    Let's see what wild shenanigans they get into this week as they scramble to retain their faction allegiances in the face of all of their own stupidity and fuckery!
    Enjoy the ride!"

Then we can treat each expansion as just another season of a show that should have called it quits several seasons ago.
    It's like Walking Dead.
    It's been awful for years, yet, for some reason, people just can't tear themselves away from it, no matter how butchered the characters are or how ridiculous the premises of each storyline become.

Lol at this reddit post. Pretty spot on:

I played mostly Alliance...but that pic made me throw up a little bit.. I can understand if they decided to create internal factions, but overall I have to think that they're doing the Horde an injustice...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Since it's already been unveiled that these intros are a work in progress and not representative of the finished product whatever it might prove to be, and the thread is already troubled, let's just close this out and move on to other more productive topics.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead