Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    I believe that when the entire content of Ulduar when the patch was released wasn't just entitled and used randomly.

We all know when you say Yogg'Saron it is much synonymous to Ulduar because it is the Titan structure which was built to "conceal" his presence in Azeroth. YS wasn't merely contained similar to Ghuun in Uldir because his influence and power is way beyond the Titan housing and constructs residing within.

And yes, you mentioned "wouldn't it be cool if we fight YS in SL" is part of the totality of the "Secrets of Ulduar" because YS may partially escaped from his prison in Ulduar but his entire form, take note that his brain was even ethereal almost anima like, that is another section or post I still need to tackle.

Frostmourne was made not to only render flesh but also the soul. In effect Xal'atath and Frostmourne can be forged with the very blood of YS if it is indeed the same mineral richly laden in the Maw and the very same iron used in Torghast.
    See, maybe it's just me but I feel like this reply was more informative, and got your point across (which was a good one buried in all the media of the original post) a lot better than drowning it in youtube videos and re-capping the raid itself. The moment I saw a wall of videos and re-capping, I was discouraged from watching or even reading it all, but the idea in the crux of it all is very interesting to me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    See, maybe it's just me but I feel like this reply was more informative, and got your point across (which was a good one buried in all the media of the original post) a lot better than drowning it in youtube videos and re-capping the raid itself. The moment I saw a wall of videos and re-capping, I was discouraged from watching or even reading it all, but the idea in the crux of it all is very interesting to me.
    I like my post to have mixed media —images & videos, soundtrack playing while reading with lore bits from trusty site in conjunction with my own injection of speculation and proposition. If you've noticed, I'm a heavy sectioned/portioned format user for my discussion to atleast take away the TLDR feel from an all-in-one long post.

I too would like to reach a wider audience, just as I have always in the past. I hope it could reach out particularly those who mostly like listening to nostalgic music, not to alienate those who are still new to the lore or entirely clueless as to what is being discussed but also to those who love videos or machinimas,also including the hardcore dedicated readers who can read paragraphs after paragraphs of text. Do not worry, I will continue to improve my post and polish it up beyond everybody's average expectation.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-05-03 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Totally this. It's arrogant of the OP to expect the readers to waddle through all those random videos and medias to get what he's up to, instead of saying it straight.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I have no idea, once again in Vertigo thread, what are we discussing here?

I like to have my post with mixed media, images, lore bits from trusty site and I inject my own reasoning as well. If you notice, I'm a heavy sectioned/portioned discussion to atleast takeaway the TLDR feel from all-in-one primary post.
    The point is that you're doing it so poorly structured and haphazardly that nobody but you has any clue what you're talking about. I'd even argue your original post didn't contain any actual message, just random media.

You're not reaching a broader audience this way, you're just failing to convey your message.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Totally this. It's arrogant of the OP to expect the readers to waddle through all those random videos and medias to get what he's up to, instead of saying it straight.
    You missed the point if you think they are just randomly placed within my post. I have carefully selected and wisely chosen the perfect videos which would coincide with the very message I would like to send out. I placed them strategically and somehow narratively tell the story and refresh those who may have forgotten. It also serve as crash course for those who are new to the whole storyline of Ulduar, Yogg'Saron, Saronite and things in between.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-05-02 at 07:26 PM.

You missed the point if they are just randomly placed within my post. I have carefully selected and wisely chosen the perfect videos which would coincide with the very message I would like to send out. I placed them strategically and somehow narratively tell the story and refresh those who may have forgotten. It also serve as crash course for those who a new to the whole storyline of Ulduar, Yogg'Saron, Saronite and things in between.
    Probably that's why everyone around here is confused then. Maybe you are just a chaotic person or maybe the way you think is so different from other people that it's hard to understand you. Although I still cannot see why, whatever your "strategy" or "narrative" is, you didn't start the thread with few sentences presenting your point. And instead you dumped a bunch of videos, and expect people to watch them first.

When making a presentation to public audience you have a very short window to get them interested. If you start by talking about history you will get your viewers bored and lose attention before you get to the juicy part. Maybe your thoughts are valuable, maybe you have something interesting to say. But I will not spend more than 1-2 minutes waiting for the interesting part to start. There are so many things shouting for the attention over internet, I cannot give more time to all of them.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I know it's Monday and we're all fucked up from the weekend but holy shit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Probably that's why everyone around here is confused then. Maybe you are just a chaotic person or maybe the way you think is so different from other people that it's hard to understand you. Although I still cannot see why, whatever your "strategy" or "narrative" is, you didn't start the thread with few sentences presenting your point. And instead you dumped a bunch of videos, and expect people to watch them first.

When making a presentation to public audience you have a very short window to get them interested. If you start by talking about history you will get your viewers bored and lose attention before you get to the juicy part. Maybe your thoughts are valuable, maybe you have something interesting to say. But I will not spend more than 1-2 minutes waiting for the interesting part to start. There are so many things shouting for the attention over internet, I cannot give more time to all of them.
    I have always been like that with my post. It starts out with a mess. Slowly, I build up with incoherent even "senseless" thoughts as people become pissed off or see it uninteresting. It's nice to build up anticipation gradually and start up from scratch. Several disconnected ideas here and there but as you invest more time in this post, checking out if there's something new or if there is really something to discover, it makes sense and take form just as I edit it real time.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-05-02 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks for your insight OP!

I now realised I am racist against Filipinos, ty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    All of this reads like one of those old, enigmatic Chinese "leaks" for new expansions... except this doesn't really TELL anything of note. It's not even enigmatic -- just very incoherently running around in botched circles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always been like that with my post. It starts out with a mess. Slowly I build up with incoherent thoughts as people become pissed off or see it uninteresting. It's nice to slowly build up anticipation and start up from scratch. Several disconnected ideas here and there and as more time you invest in this post, slowly it makes sense and take form just as I edit it real time.
    I wouldn't worry about it. The majority of the users here are rude and obnoxious without reason. Thanks for your thread.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaichu View Post
    All of this reads like one of those old, enigmatic Chinese "leaks" for new expansions... except this doesn't really TELL anything of note. It's not even enigmatic -- just very incoherently running around in botched circles.
    Sorry, I find it cliche to even join circle "jerks" just to stroke a few select individual's egos and just to seek approval. It may take you several read so I encourage you to do so. You may finally piece everything together and form s whole picture of what this thread is all about. You'll get the hang of it.

Going back to topic:
    https://youtu.be/56O0miXaoc0

Ulduar fanart, seeing the complex across one of the elevations in Stormy Peaks

- - - Updated - - -

FYI:
    奥杜尔 = Odor = Ulduar
    奥杜尔的秘密= "Ulduar's Secret
    尤格-萨隆 =Yóu gé-sà lóng = Yogg'Saron

Original Ulduar's Secret Trailer from WOW KR

울두*르의 *밀Ulduar's Secret

Тайны Ульдуара
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-04-30 at 04:59 AM.

I have always been like that with my post. It starts out with a mess. Slowly, I build up with incoherent even "senseless" thoughts as people become pissed off or see it uninteresting. It's nice to build up anticipation gradually and start up from scratch. Several disconnected ideas here and there but as you invest more time in this post, checking out if there's something new or is there really something to discover, it makes sense and take form just as I edit it real time.
    Why would I bother reading a thread that starts out as a mess and is filled with incoherent and senseless thoughts? That doesn't build anticipation, it doesn't make people want to invest time, it makes people conclude that your posts are a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Why would I bother reading a thread that starts out as a mess and is filled with incoherent and senseless thoughts? That doesn't build anticipation, it doesn't make people want to invest time, it makes people conclude that your posts are a waste of time.
    Why bother?
    1) Curiosity
    2) Out of curiosity, you may find something: entertaining, informative, interesting or worthwhile
    3) Somebody who has lots of time in his hands: will look for #2 to pass time.
    4) When something is relatable, you would try to connect or interact with whatever it is.

You cannot make a conclusion on something if you see it is continually or continuously changing. How do I know people are interested? It's easy. The numbers don't lie and as long as the numbers add up, it only shows sign that people are interested.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-04-29 at 07:24 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Moving the resource to it's appropriate section.

Future post & checklist:
    ✓ Loken's betrayal & the Falsification of History
    The creation of Earthen & titan-forged
    ✓The Ulduar's Hall of Stones & the Forge of Will
    ✓Drust and the Titan-forged - Closely Similar to One Another
    ✓Anima-tion of Inanimated Objects
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-05-02 at 07:31 PM.

2) Out of curiosity, you may find something: entertaining, informative, interesting or worthwhile<br>
    3) Somebody who has lots of time in his hands: will look for #2 to pass time<br>
    <br>
    4) When something is relatable, you would try to connect or interact with whatever it is.
    None of which apply to your posts. You start out with boring and then continue into the land of Nonse Quitur. Posting collections of random junk does not a hypothesis make.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    None of which apply to your posts. You start out with boring and then continue into the land of Nonse Quitur. Posting collections of random junk does not a hypothesis make.
    It would be junk for someone who finds it of no value. There is cash in trash for those who know what to look for. I believe there are others who exist & doesn't share the same view as yours even if they're considered minority.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-04-29 at 07:26 PM.

Rubbish. Yogg Saron is as dead as all the other Old Gods, which is to say, he is as dead as anyone or anything ever is be in the WoW universe. Yes, dead. Not "defeated." Not "diminished." Dead.

5+ Year Old Account
    Idk what goes on in Vértigos wild mind but I like all the fan art posted so thats what I get out of this thread.