Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Changing the race descriptions in a way that basically pretends the dozen atrocities the Horde committed never happened. Brilliant.

Oh but I know, Garithos.
    YOU ARE AN ORC A RACE OF MASS MURDERING ALIENS WHO DID A BUNCH OF HORRIBLE SHIT IN THE PAST FUCK YOU EVIL FUCKERS SHAME ON YOU FOR PLAYING THIS SHIT (unless you're one of the 2% of players that RP as an evil douchebag)

Get fucking real. What do you think they're going to write?

i'm pretty sure i saw that guy in disneys gargoyles

I dont understand what happened to retribution paladins? thats a big block of text that means nothing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    YOU ARE AN ORC A RACE OF MASS MURDERING ALIENS WHO DID A BUNCH OF HORRIBLE SHIT IN THE PAST FUCK YOU EVIL FUCKERS SHAME ON YOU FOR PLAYING THIS SHIT (unless you're one of the 2% of players that RP as an evil douchebag)

Get fucking real. What do you think they're going to write?
    I heard they one time wrote this about the forsaken
    With Sylvanas as their banshee queen, the Forsaken have built a dark stronghold beneath the ruins of Lordaeron’s former capital city. This hidden 'Undercity' forms a sprawling labyrinth that stretches beneath the haunted woods of the Tirisfal Glades. Though the very land is cursed, the zealous humans of the Scarlet Crusade still cling to their scattered holdings, obsessed with eradicating the undead and retaking their homeland. Convinced that the primitive races of the Horde can help them achieve victory over their enemies, the Forsaken have entered an alliance of convenience. Harboring no true loyalty for their new allies, they will go to any lengths to ensure their dark plans come to fruition. As one of the Forsaken, you must eliminate any who pose a threat to the new order – human, undead, or otherwise.
    Also the devs in vanilla "simply wanted to be able to play as an evil, "badass monster", rather than simply a misunderstood plagued human"

It seems like at some point the devs were pretty happy with players being able to choose the option of an unambiguously 'bad' faction. I guess that wasn't corporate-friendly though.

Not a fan of the orc description. I don't think orcs see themselves, in general, as "defenders of azeroth". Should say something more like "You seek the glory of battle and to uphold the honor and might of The Horde"

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Because the blurb that should instill a positive view of the race to the player should stigmatize the shit out of them with events that the player may not know jack about or have participated in, with a 'yet' caveat, and even then it's BS to saddle the player with responsibility for, say, Sylvanas' actions in a situation that would get you killed for insubordination for refusing to carry out the order. Just an example.

And it's not like the alliance is squeeky clean either. Need the blurbs mention dumb shit their respective races have done just to petty and demotivate people to play?
    It doesn't need to contain nonsense like the Horde fighting for freedom to be appealing, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    It doesn't need to contain nonsense like the Horde fighting for freedom to be appealing, does it?
    True, but that is what the horde wants at large after the last dumpsterfire warchiefs leading them down some pretty shitty paths. They want to be free of a corrupt single-leader. It's gone over to a council now. At least that's how I interpret the freedom part, and not so much as that they just want the more anarchic route.

Well that Banshee looks cool. First truly original art asset i've seen for Shadowlands.

3+ Year Old Account
    Ok soo...
    Where the hell does Bwonsamdi live?

Streamers: immediate beta

everyone else: Mah we'll get to it

my surprise: absent

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    True, but that is what the horde wants at large after the last dumpsterfire warchiefs leading them down some pretty shitty paths. They want to be free of a corrupt single-leader. It's gone over to a council now. At least that's how I interpret the freedom part, and not so much as that they just want the more anarchic route.
    Promise of conquest and yell "FOR THE HORDE" is everything that's ever been needed to rally the mass murder machine. It's been described time and again in books and other media that the Horde and the Orcs in particular become demoralized and disorganized without war. And when their conquest is halted it's someone else's fault. I see what you're saying, but the story haven't been that the Horde had to fight for freedom from anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Changing the race descriptions in a way that basically pretends the dozen atrocities the Horde committed never happened. Brilliant.

Oh but I know, Garithos.
    Dunno man, pretending that the Horde now went full 180 and thinks of itself as the stalward protectors of azeroth is at least equally laughable, if not more so. It also has bugger all to do with the identities of each race, which is what this into should be about. Not to mention you start the story before BfA as a new character, it makes no sense to pretend the character is already past that at level 1.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    Streamers: immediate beta

everyone else: Mah we'll get to it

my surprise: absent
    Honestly it seems the best way to do it if you want to get the most eyes on what you are doing. Once it flips to beta mode the mass invite waves start getting sent out but early on if you are going to have a limited number of people in it may as well have the ones with the most viewer base to get the most out of it.