Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I started playing again last week to get all the "do this before shadowlands" stuff.. I already have plenty of corrupted gear.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    I mean there is a positive side for players of the infinite content thing: it maintains a reward loop much further into the game than it would go otherwise. In other words you don't reach a point in the game where your character quite simply cannot be rewarded for the content you do. It isn't something that massively effects me but playing content you know you will never get an upgrade or power increase out of feels bad.
    But the person I was arguing with was arguing that a predetermined endpoint for gear progression compels people to play (somehow) and infinite rng gearing means people won't feel the need to keep playing (and by inference he believes people will play less with an infinite gear grind). Which is obviously nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    With no continuing reward loop what happens when you get 2 months into a raid tier and you have all your best in slot gear but there is another 3 months to wait for the next raid to launch and you can finally do some content worth bothering with?
    I mean you could do something not related to wow until the next patch hits, save some money, get hungry to play again instead of fighting burnout from infinitely grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by pawsz View Post
    Stop bitching do visions
    I still sitting over here wondering where the fuck my first rank of stars is, and my guildy has 9 ranks.

And the same guy has 5 ranks of TwiDev for his aoe set.

Meanwhile.... I am over here, with zero of both, but I have had 9 pieces of rank 3 leech gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    I started playing again last week to get all the "do this before shadowlands" stuff.. I already have plenty of corrupted gear.
    yeah but if its not stars, rape tendril, twidev, or void ritual, get fucked if you are dps... the other corruptions are no where near as good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    You complain about corruptions, then you proclaim you thought this game was an RPG. Corruptions literally gives you choices in what gear to wear depending on the encounters you're gonna face. It doesn't matter if they're good or not, you're complaining about choice.

It's just funny as shit you want a 20% dps increase INSTEAD of actually using different choices in order to get that damage.
    nah you either wear single target (stars) or aoe (twi dev) except for like 1 fight. (Maut Mythic) where stars will just murder you because its that strong.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Weird how I have never used infinite stars or TD in a raid and still my parses are all over 95 percentile except Carapace (because I don't press aoe buttons) and N'zoth (because I don't hit Psychus). And of those 95+ percentile parses, lowest are Xanesh (because I go into the ritual), Drest'agath (because there's nothing to hit during parts of the fight) and Vexiona (because I don't press aoe buttons).

Imagine if I had one of these magical +50% DPS corruption items that I hear people talking about.

Yes weird flex, but not as weird as your whining about corruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    You get 1 from m+ and you can do 4 visions every week if you don't want to do dalies and 5 if you grind that crap. 4 items with 465ilvl corruption a week plus a 475 corruption item. At this point in time bitching about not having any good corruptions is same like bitching for not having Raden weapon after killing for 8 resets and doing rolls on it too. It's just pure unluck and also mathematically significantly low.
    You are NOT guaranteed a corrupted item from the chest. There are trinkets in there too. And as somebody who got 4 of them in a row: they are not rare.
    You CAN do 4 visions each week, vut they only award loot the first time you do them. And below 3 masks the itemlevel is just too low.
    So yeah, there is definitely a good reason to complain here.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Weird how I have never used infinite stars or TD in a raid and still my parses are all over 95 percentile except Carapace (because I don't press aoe buttons) and N'zoth (because I don't hit Psychus). And of those 95+ percentile parses, lowest are Xanesh (because I go into the ritual), Drest'agath (because there's nothing to hit during parts of the fight) and Vexiona (because I don't press aoe buttons).

Imagine if I had one of these magical +50% DPS corruption items that I hear people talking about.

It's not even flex, it's nothing actually, because you didn't even post any links.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    You are NOT guaranteed a corrupted item from the chest. There are trinkets in there too. And as somebody who got 4 of them in a row: they are not rare.
    Haven't they changed that after 1-3 weeks? I've got 2 trinkets in the first 2 caches, but then it was only corrupted items.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    nah you either wear single target (stars) or aoe (twi dev) except for like 1 fight. (Maut Mythic) where stars will just murder you because its that strong.
    Unless you have bad luck and infinite stars almost doesn't proc. I've got two IS items on our last Mythic Maut and it actually did less dmg than when I had only one about week ago.
    I agree with everything you wrote. Would also add gushing wound as TOP corruption(at least for rogues, especially in PvP).
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-04-30 at 04:18 PM.

Mate, I don't know what to tell you but we have for example 3DHs in our guild. Two have R4 infinite stars, one has none. Before the corruption system all where around 2-3% of each other with the same itemlevel. Witzz corruption there is a 20% difference.so yeah, seems broken af, but what do I know

What class do you play bro.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    So y’all actually like corruption? Lmfao
    yes /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    There's no conspiracy theory, ion hazzikostas is on record saying in legion that if you don't have every weapon maxed out you have content to do. Blizzard intentionally adds infinite content systems to induce people to stay subbed longer. I honestly don't believe you can argue this point in good faith
    You do not remember 10 years of players whining there is nothing to do than raid log?

You have agency, exercise it. Blizzard introduced infinite grinds and your job is to decide for yourself how far you chase it. Players who liked raidlogging can still do so, players who want to do something every day can too.

Infinite grinds are not there to make you sub longer, but so you enjoy the time you yourself decide to sub more. If you burn out on them it's entirely a you problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's not even flex, it's nothing actually, because you didn't even post any links.

Haven't they changed that after 1-3 weeks? I've got 2 trinkets in the first 2 caches, but then it was only corrupted items.

Unless you have bad luck and infinite stars almost doesn't proc. I've got two IS items on our last Mythic Maut and it actually did less dmg than when I had only one about week ago.
    I agree with everything you wrote. Would also add gushing wound as TOP corruption(at least for rogues, especially in PvP).
    Pretty sure multiple IS items don't increase proc rate just the damage. Extremely annoying when you have rank 5 total but can't even stack it to 10 due to shit RNG. I actually don't mind corruption as much as some but the RNG on top ot RNG drives me nuts.

I did not sign up for this. Gearing is already RNG enough, now I have to use corruption to be competitive? I thought this was an RPG? If I wanted to gamble, I would gamble. There should be character progression in which we can actually work toward gear that we want.

To temporarily fix this until SL, they should give a 20% damage and healing boost to anyone that chooses to wear no corruption.
    nope, farm a few visions and you are good

You get an absurd number of rolls now with horrific visions alone. Guaranteed gear piece, guaranteed corruption. It really isn't that bad in that respect.

I would've wanted purchasable specific corruptions, but at this point it really isn't necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You do not remember 10 years of players whining there is nothing to do than raid log?
    Maybe people thought they did but it turns out they didn't? Titanforging, corruption and ap grinding have hardly been uncontroversial?

You have agency, exercise it. Blizzard introduced infinite grinds and your job is to decide for yourself how far you chase it. Players who liked raidlogging can still do so, players who want to do something every day can too.
    Who said I was talking about myself? I basically don't play right now. But I'm still in a mythic guild, I can see what people in that environment do and why they do that, I've seen the guild lose raiders over legion and bfa (I suppose somewhat including myself but I mostly stopped due to moving from oce to eu) because of burnout from the endless grind. Ask any mythic raider if their apps significantly outstrip their attrition.

Infinite grinds are not there to make you sub longer, but so you enjoy the time you yourself decide to sub more. If you burn out on them it's entirely a you problem.
    If a system is designed to induce someone the sub longer, it's designed to induce people to sub longer. The manner in which that is achieved is effectively irrelevant.

people like to exaggerate.
    I want to reroll my main in SL and have not decided between 3 classes, so I started to get all of them ready. Every of those classes was under 415 ilvl and had no corruptions, essences etc. 2 of them I already got to 460+ with decent corruptions, working on the third one. Completely relying on pugs, which actually slows down the process a lot.
    If you actually play the game, things will work out...even though corruption system sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Pretty sure multiple IS items don't increase proc rate just the damage. Extremely annoying when you have rank 5 total but can't even stack it to 10 due to shit RNG. I actually don't mind corruption as much as some but the RNG on top ot RNG drives me nuts.
    Yeah, that what I was trying to talk about. Each hit with IS was stronger but... the proc didn't happen as often and ultimately IS did less dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    no you don't bench people for their curruptions. you bench whoever performs the least of the non-mandatory classes. seeing how everybody is about equal mechanics wise, that tends to be people who do less dps for w/e reason that happens to be. and unfortunately dps has some correlation with your corruption luck.
    This is something people do not understand. Thanks for pointing it out once again

So y’all actually like corruption? Lmfao
    I don't really like it, no, but your idea is significantly worse.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    nope, farm a few visions and you are good
    You can not farm visions as they are capped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

No, it was not changed. I can personally confirm it

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    fun ? facerolling the same vision 30 times in a row just to get cloak to level 15 is fun for you ?

thats about as fun as watching paint dry on wall
    I'm not personally facerolling it, since I am not actively raiding and hell have not even broken mythic 10s since the start of BfA, so maybe I still have the bright eyes of one young in this.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water