The "Final End Boss" of WoW - Who's the best candidate(s)?

So true or not - I recall some rumors of a Blizzard official stating back around the WoTLK times that WoW was looking to run no longer than to 2022; Regardless if that was said or not, at this point in time we can conduct that even if that was said - It was a lie. But recalling that got me thinking as; Unless Blizzard is about to change their so far solid pattern with Shadowlands - This expansion will run out 2022. And with those thoughts combined; a new train of thought was formed - Who will actually be the big end boss of World of Warcraft?

Now I am not TOO big of a Lore expert but I know many of the "acclaimed big bads" are supposedly TOO strong for the mortal champions of Azeroth to EVER face. But then again let's be honest; if we ever are to face off against anyone of such grandeur; assistance will be given from somewhere - And considering just who would be capable of assisting the champions with dealing with whoever ends up being the final boss of this game; who besides the to following could be candidates:

Sargeras.

The Void Lords (Or their singular master if such a thing exists)

Personally with having skimmed trough the lore, I will put on my Tin Foil hat and say that the Void Lords almost sounds like something made up by the Titans to excuse away how "Beings of their caliber could ever be capable of mistakes" and thus I would rule them out entirely as potential final FINAL Boss contenders. But then again; I belive I'm pretty alone in that way of thinking and wholeheartedly see how many could see The Void Lords as being the big-end to WoW.

Then there is Sargeras who currently is imprisoned in the Seat of the Pantheon; something which SCREAMS "Jailbreak" in the future. While not being as "Big and dangerous" as the Void Lords when compared directly; Sargeras has without a doubt ben the front figure for "Main antagonist" role for the entire Warcraft universe and thus; sits in a solid position for final boss candidate.

Regardless of which one among these two that could end up being the final boss of the game; We alone would not be able to stop them and by that I assume that the Titans would in one way or another; assist us in doing so.

But let's turn things upside-down. Is there a chance that The Pantheon themselves and their current set of Titans could become an end-boss? What if after clearing up anything and everything hostile to The Great Dark; the Titans starts looking upon the Champions of Azeroth as too dangerous to be left alive? Perhaps they would fear or worry that due to the power we have displayed; WE may as well become the next step in orchestrating the world's undoing? And if so: Who would help us if we were to fight The Pantheon itself?

There is most likely - If not many; at least SOME candidates out there that I have ruled out entirely. So what do the lot of you personally think? I know some of you may be prompted to say that WoW will never end but let us be real; there is truth in Terenas Menethil; "No king rules forever, my son"
    Last edited by Knight Meta; 2020-05-04 at 12:23 PM.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

Sargeras just isn't viable as the end boss.

Theres no conceivable way for our to reach anywhere near his power to take him down, not even including the size aspect to it. Personally, I think the only way to go forward is the void lords and it would have to be spun as sealing the void away opposed to actually destroying them, especially if theres one final force thats controlling the void.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

I think there won't be a designated end boss. At some point, WoW will simply stop getting updates and whoever happened to be the most recent boss will be the "final" boss.

most mmos never have an end chronolically, look at cancelled MMOs.
    if wow ever dies they will just continue the lore through single player games like warhammer

Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    I think there won't be a designated end boss. At some point, WoW will simply stop getting updates and whoever happened to be the most recent boss will be the "final" boss.
    Yup. This guy gets it.

WoW is not a long game that will eventually reach a climax and end. It will keep going until people don't want to play anymore/don't care.
    Whatever happens to be the latest content, will be the last boss. Can even be a murloc.

"Us", the so called "Hero".

Turns out we were the evil infestation in Azeroth all along. We have killed millions of not billions of players, animals and other beings.
    Heinrich Himmler is a kitten compared to us.

The day WE are removed from the game, the fight is finally over.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2020-05-04 at 01:01 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully WoW ends in some cataclysmic event kinda like final fantasy XIV did once and we get a reboot to salvage the story
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

3+ Year Old Account
    Some huge dudes head or feet

I believe that the final boss of WoW is someone or something we do not yet know...

WoW has a bright future ahead... they are already thinking 2 expansions ahead of Shadowlands.

We'll know in the 2030's-2040's.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    Yeah, this is the serious answer.

However, if we hypothetically imagine a scenario where Blizzard intentionally wants to end game on "final boss" and design the game and the story around this, then I would say the final boss should be the factions themselves.

Final raid battle would be faction leaders/armies clashing and the outcome would devastate the entire world ending Warcraft once and for all (leaves some space for post-apocalyptic WoW setting too).

Another player character but he is is evil and shit

I was hoping for Sargeras but since they flushed him away DBZ style, I couldn't care less who is the final boss.

probably something never seen before and made up on the spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BDu View Post
    Some huge dudes head or feet
    *Flashes of the Deathwing encounter*

But in all honesty, after the silly anime-levels power of Legion, and the asspull of Shadowlands (we are so, SO special that we can visit the realm of the dead without being actually dead), I can't see why couldn't there be an expansion where we go full DBZ and Kamehameha one of the strongest beings ever. Owait...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Final raid battle would be faction leaders/armies clashing and the outcome would devastate the entire world ending Warcraft once and for all (leaves some space for post-apocalyptic WoW setting too).
    Well, in the datamined info about a Silvermoon warfront, there were (iirc) some lines about belfs being willing to blow up the Sunwell, rather than surrendering the city. Now THAT would have been end of expansion-worthy material.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.