Thread: Who likes BfA?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    BfA is a tough call for me...
    Overall I rank it about the same as Legion, I frankly think it's just Legion 2.0, more of the same but with a different look. But I burnt out on BfA, mainly because it's been like playing the same spec/class/dungeons/raids for 4 years now. I think overall the raiding was better, maybe the dungeons were about equal to maybe a bit worse in BFA, but M+ was fresh.
    Overall though I rank Legion and BFA slightly ahead of Cata, and Cata is behind Wrath, Vanilla, and TBC... so BFA has been very middle of the pack.

Game is trash. This Legion iteration of WoW is depressingly bad. Warfronts? Awful. Islands? Awful. PvP? Awful. Hiding some allied races behind previous expansion reputation grinds? Awful.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-06-12 at 06:18 AM.

This expac, mix bag. I didn't particularly love any of it to be honest.

Legion Nighthold was moore fun for me as a healer(hpala). This expac, just a shitshow overall.

It's unfortunate that there's simply nothing better than WoW regarding MMOs. That and I now have some responsibilities to my community.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    This expac, mix bag. I didn't particularly love any of it to be honest.

Legion Nighthold was moore fun for me as a healer(hpala). This expac, just a shitshow overall.

It's unfortunate that there's simply nothing better than WoW regarding MMOs. That and I now have some responsibilities to my community.
    I think FFXIV currently has them beat in Subscribers, and its been alot of fun progressing on Shiva Savage

8.3 is a decent patch. Unfortunately every patch in BFA was designed to fix the disastrous issues around the release of the expansion. Now at the end of it we're finally in a decent place. As a whole BFA is still a bottom 3 expansion though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it.

Zones are well designed, I like the zone stories and the Ally/Horde story overlay. Mythic+ was fun for the tiny bit I did. Can't say I loved every aspect of the expansion (can't say that for any expansion), but I like the expansion. : )
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

I came back and gave it a shot, a real one, not a half assed heavily biased shot, but an open minded fresh look shot at bfa...and i hate it, i main horde, all my favorite characters are horde but due to the zones i had to switch alliance, even paid an overpriced faction transfer just so i didnt have to lvl another druid.

The stories in the zones are only entertaining on the alliance side that being a personal opinion because i love the witch vibe and love cthulhu mythos so that clicked with me as well, leveling though felt stale, i honestly didnt feel any stronger as i progressed and when i finally hit 120 its like someone took a sledgehammer to my face until i got some nazjatar and later corrupted gear.

The dungeons are boring. I finally managed to get into mythic after a week of grinding and im still nodding off halfway until the end

The game is dead quiet its like im playing a sp game, the only talk i see is trade chat and i dont wish that on anyone, the guilds i joined seemed like they only wanted people for the number and if you weren't in a clique you were ignored but thats just about every mmo these days.

I wouldnt call the game dead but its definately not an mmo, its falling into the monster hunter category where you dont need to see people unless you want something. Im hoping shadowlands is the games savior because it definitely needs some work to climb out of the shit its buried itself in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    Thats called an opinion, not fact.
    I think its pretty safe to say m+ being better content than anything besides raids in wod is a fact,what was better in wod than m+?and it has to be in the same category,you cant use cinematics or actual dungeon design,it has to be a system that is character progression,so what is it?garrisons or the apexis farming that you think was superior to m+?lol

I liked the release version. Azerite gear was a bit frustrating but that was it.
    Well, the classes were crap, but that was done in Legion and people were too distracted with shiny artifacts to see it.

The problem with BfA for me are the patches. They were terrible. Bolted more systems and more RNG in. It was and still is a s**t fest. It's completely out of control, but SL is coming so they don't care anymore, and that's alright. We need to hit the reset button asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay! :P

Its very middle of the road actually. I think its better than WoD and Cata...

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it OK. Some good, some bad as always. I was not a fan of the theme from the start so that's a bias that's difficult to ignore. It certainly isn't the worst expansion they've ever done, far from the best either. Just sort of middling-low value expansion for me. Not the best thing ever, not trash.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

BFA offered a huge quantity of content, but a mere droplet of quality. I've been playing WOW since the beginning of WOTLK and for the first time I almost uninstalled WOW at the start of patch 8.3. I despise everything about BFA, its digital trash.

7+ Year Old Account
    BFA is cursed with the saddest score of all: a meh.

Its average in nearly all aspects. I don't think there is a clear great thing i will remember BFA for, nor a bad thing. It's an experience, that does the job of being entertainment, but nothing more, nothing less. The unique expansion features in BFA are successful in giving you something to think about, but leaves no real impression of good game design, making it ever clearer that the features will only last this expansion.

BFA is the first expansion, where i completely get both sides. Do you hate it? I completely get you, it sucks. Do you like it? I get that too, it is quite enjoyable. If you skip it, there is nothing you will miss. If you play it, you will properly find some fun to have.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I love BFA. It allowed me to walk away from the game for over a year so far and not be chained to a mythic raiding schedule anymore.

I have enjoyed it, though I would put Legion, MOP and Wrath in front of it.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    BfA is freaking gigantic and probably the busiest expansion I've played.

Between mythic plus, raids, pvp, there is no way I'm going to run out things to do.
    I’m with you there; I had two of every class maxed in Legion and an expansion or two before, but so went down to one per class for this one since I have never run out of things to do.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    --snip--
    This is an amazing summary of how I feel (also Alliance, but more of a casual player. Playing for 10 years now). The main story feels just like a hit in the face. Our zones have okay (Stormsong), good (Tiragarde) and amazing (Drustvar) lore, but the entire warcampaign we got shit on, over and over again. Our victories were absolutely meaningless, our leadership was more willing to let their own people die than taking an easy victory and in the end we did not really "win", although we are technically the victors. I would really like to know if there are any Alliance players who honestly liked BfA's warcampaign story. Oh, yeah. And then there was N'Zoth, how great.

BfA had the most untested start of an expansion I've witnessed. From a technical standpoint it was fine, but holy shit, there was so much that was untested or overlooked. From horde getting gear from warfronts a week before the alliance, to nobody knowing how the warfront contributions work (because it was never explained in the game), to being able to buy all necessary cooking ingredients from a vendor (which then got removed, fucking all players who thought this was intended and took their time leveling royally up, while letting players who profited from this exploit keep their skill), to granting M+ items from the last week of Legion...
    And the Azerite system was the absolute worst progression system ever implemented in a game. Warfronts were undertuned. Island expeditions did not telegraph how to get specific rewards. Getting super weak while leveling...
    I could go on. But there was so much wrong with the start of BfA it's honestly impressive.

I also quit in Uldir, because it was just a waste of time. My class felt absolutely weak and switching it would require too much effort for little to no reward. Came back with 8.3; the game is okay by now.

And regarding the collectors edition: While I only got the Standard Edition for my collection, these also had less quality than all the other WoW boxes. While every expansion before could be opened to reveal extra Art and Info, this one was just a box. Nothing special about it; could have been made by any Company. It lacked the Blizzard polish and that kinda telegraphed what did become of BfA as a whole. It was just a numbers oriented game without liofeblood.

But there is one redeeming aspect of BfA: The secrets (and minigames). Those reached a new level in BfA and the work of the secretfinder discord is honestly amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Who likes BFA, and why do you like it? Is it too late to get into it now?
    If you skipped it completely, I'd say it's way too late unless you have some patient guild members to help you out. Starting now would be a disjointed, confusing clusterfuck.

I'll give this expansion credit where its due: It tried to do some new things, tried to push some storytelling boundaries, as well as player involvement ideals. Most of it (to me) fell short though.

It wasn't all bad. War mode, despite the hiccups, is a more interesting approach than simply having 24/7 pvp servers. Island expeditions and warfronts were both "I coulda been a contender" game elements that needed a bit of massaging to make really good.

Onto the next, and hopefully better.

Firmly middle-of-the-road with a lot of memorable high points, but almost no mechanical systems I want to keep moving forward except allied races, which is why I'm glad we're seeing that shift towards more race customization for the things that didn't quite qualify like sandfury trolls or wildhammer dwarves.

Still would put this above Cataclysm and waaaay above WOD, which nothing can, and hopefully ever, will be able to compare to in its terribleness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    It’s been good enough to keep me subbed.

Only times I unsubbed for long periods was Cata and WoD.

I missed out on most of MoP because of how bad of Cata turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Love it. First expansion ever I played from the beginning to the end. Great guild and community. Lots of fun things. Greate memories. For me personally this is/was the best time I ever had in WoW.
    Not that this is in any way invalid, but more so to highlight, the people you play with has a huge impact on your enjoyment. I had great times during Cata for example purely because of my guild, likewise for second half BfA. WoD was a dumpster fire IMO but my old guild falling apart is what pushed me to quit during that time. Same for Legion.

My point is, find a good group and all the sky-is-falling-on-a-dead-game noise matters a lot less suddenly.