10+ Year Old Account

Chocobo color system blows

Just venting.

I’m on attempt 6 to get Soot black. I feel like I’ve been every shade of dark green, blue and brown around black, its damn annoying. I’ve followed the online calculators and feeding orders to a “t”. And I’ve gotten 4 wrong colors, 1 of which is a repeat, and 1 time it didn’t even change colors.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

5+ Year Old Account
    Are you alternating your fruit? Also make sure when using the calculators that you select the current color your chocobo is otherwise you will get another wrong color.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    you need to alternate fruit otherwise you can max out a colour line and lose progress towards it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I mentioned that in the initial post. I followed the feeding orders exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

So, latest 6 hour time is up and I'm back to Kobold Brown, again.
    Went from Deepwood Green (30/42/33) to Kobold Brown (48/33/27) by eating 1 Valfruit (+5/-5/+5) final changes were (+18/-9/-6)... ah... ok?

So anyways, calculator says to go from Kobold Brown to Soot Black I need to eat, 2 plums, 1 pineapple, 1 valfruit. In this order plum>pineapple>plum>valfruit. That would leave me at (48/43/37) which is a combined 9 digits away (+5/+2/+2) from a perfect Soot black of (43/41/35). But, I did that last night before I went to bed. I somehow woke up this morning to a Deepwood Green Chocobo. So, I'm saying fuck this chocobo calculator. If I'm at Kobold Brown (48/33/27) and I eat 1 plum (-5/+5/+5) that should put me at 43/38/32, which is 6 digits (0/-3/-3) away from the perfect Soot Black (43/41/35).

This'll be my 7th time trying this.
    Desert Yellow
    1) Ink Blue
    2) Marsh Green
    3) No change
    4) Kobold Brown
    5) Deepwood Green
    6) Kobold Brown
    7) ???
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2020-04-30 at 05:06 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect