Poll: Who should kill Sylvanas Windrunner in Shadowlands?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question [WoW: SHADOWLANDS] Who is the killer of Sylvanas Windrunner?

Her death is imminent. She is beyond redemption at this point. She wants nothing but power and it has been explained in the book. . 25 years and over of character development, she deserves a death touching, powerful, and climatic like Varian & Arthas' death. But who should deliver the final blow upon the Banshee Queen come 9.X?

Arthas Menethil: Sylvanas' most hated enemy. Raised her into undeath.
    Reason: Poetic Justice [She dies twice by him going full circle. He made her. He unmakes her.]

Tyrande Whisperwind: People betrayed by the Horde several times. Genocide against the Night Elves. Vowed to hunt Sylvanas and will not sign the armistice until Sylvanas is deceased.
    Reason: Teldrassil. Genocide. Vengeance.

Anduin Wrynn: King of Stormwind. Father unintentionally killed by Gul'dan due to Horde retreat issued by Sylvanas and her Val'kyr. Led Alliance and Horde rebels to victory in Fourth War against Sylvanas Loyalists and N'Zoth.
    Reason: Fourth War. Deaths of Varian Wrynn, Calia Menethil, and Alliance w/allied Forces.

Genn Greymane: King of Gilneas. Son unintentionally killed by Sylvanas during Cataclysm. City taken by Sylvanas as well. Genocide against Worgen.
    Reason: Genocide. Vengeance. Gilneas. Liam Greymane.

Baine Bloodhoof: Chieftain of the Bloodhoof Tauren. Leader on the Horde Council. Sylvanas captured Baine and issued him to death for siding with traitors. Sylvanas murdered Saurfang and Zellig.
    Reason: Justice.

Thrall: Former Warchief. Put Sylvanas/Forsaken in Horde. Sylvanas killed Saurfang and attempted to kill Thrall several times.
    Reason: Justice.

Nathanos Blightcaller: Love Interest of Sylvanas. Nathanos may come to his senses and become the leader the Forsaken needs.
    Reason: Answering for his crimes. May kill Sylvanas out of Love.

Lich King Bolvar: Former Lich King. Killed indirectly by Sylvanas and her forces at the Wrathgate. Sylvanas broke helm of domination letting the Scourge become rampant to shatter the veil between life and the Shadowlands.
    Reason: Justice. Retribution.

The rest have a lower chance of happening.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2020-07-11 at 10:23 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Jailer should backstab and kill her. Everyone should look surprised/happy then move on after 10 seconds. No one will mourn a genocidal maniac, so the characters in the story would not dwell on her death too much.

Storywise this would be a perfect conclusion to her story arc. She used so many people as mere pawns throughout the years, and believed herself so smart and wise, yet in the end it would be extremely ironic and satisfying if she too were merely a pawn.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

They will make out like she's being manipulated, and have her sacrifice her self to appease those that liked her and those who didn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean assuming isn't us? cause it should be us, if its not us then a tie of Garithos and Arthas to me, it would be poetic from one of then coming from the grave to correct a mistake

Second, i think Bolvar, it should be most likely since blizz fuck him up to "empower" her, nothing more fair than let him get payback

Third, the Janitor, just so we can laugh at her poor choices.

Fourth, Thrall, just so people can be butthurt with the meme.

fifth, Nathanos or tyrande, so they can kill themselves later

You're grossly misinterpreting the quote, it's even emphasized she DOESN'T want power for its own sake but to use it to dismantle the current system she finds (rightfully so) unjust. If she means total destruction or reconstruction we don't know. I'm partial towards the latter.

But if she dies I think it will be on her own terms. So yeah, either suicide or just she'll get to decide who kills her.

If Tyrande gets the kill it kind of deflates whatever vengeance she would want to hold over the rest of the Horde and her arc with the Night Warrior business would basically be over as soon as it began. And unless that takes a major focus in SL it would basically be a waste of a set-up. The death of Prince Liam has lead to this moment. I think it's best that Genn gets this more personal kill than Tyrande. I do think there's potential for Nathanos to maybe have to make the kind of difficult choice, and having him struggle with that could make him more relatable if done right, but I think there's equal potential with Genn having to come to terms with that moment and carrying it out could also culminate a lot for him emotionally. Godfrey and Arthas are interesting on this list, but I think Arthas has already been stated that they're leaving him alone (and best they do) and Godfrey while compelling too is a little late of a payoff for him and he isn't exactly in as much of a position to be understood especially coming out of BFA. I don't think Thrall or Baine or Anduin or Zekhan really get anything out of this beyond what generic justice they would be seeing brought. Alleria as her sister could be interesting but I frankly wouldn't want to see it done like that - family shouldn't be killing each other here in this case, especially when the stakes aren't really as much hers to take. It would be pretty weird for players who chose the loyalist route to be forced to kill her and not give players the choice to spare her so I wouldn't think that's an option there specifically because of the choices to be loyal being made basically meaningless at that point.

I don't expect her to be killed off, especially not by a male character.

5+ Year Old Account
    Good question. Assuming they want a satisfying death (satisfying for us, not Sylvanas) it has to be Genn or if Genn dies during SL, her daughter Tess. I mean not only did Liam die, but Gilneas was carpet bombed, Varian, Genn's friend, died on the Broken Shore and later Teldrassil the place where worgen took refuge was also burned down. Genn lost the most.

Then again it was Asspull Fordring who strucked down Arthas even though there was a full list of people from WC3 including Illidan, Kael'Thas or Sylvanas who could have ranked before him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    she deserves a death touching, powerful, and climatic like Varian & Arthas' death.
    No, she doesn't. She deserves to be burned up and pissed on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs to be Tyrande or Genn.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Third, the Janitor, just so we can laugh at her poor choices.
    This is by far the best typo. Does he do it for free?

On-topic: Venthyr Count Garithos should take revenge on the inhuman beast to bring it full circle.

In terms of who'd be most appropriate, I'd give it to Genn. Sylvanas and Tyrande have no personal connection whatsoever, so while she has a large grievance, it's not a personal grievance, as compared to Sylvanas shooting Genn's son and their repeated clashes up to this point. What I think will happen is that after her raid encounter, which'd involve help from Genn and Tyrande, she'll off herself to try and go out on her own terms and then you'd have whatever ironic punishment they deem appropriate, since she's confirmed to not be the last boss, in as much as you can trust Blizzard 'Grom is the last boss' Entertainment. That is, as things stand right now, they might take a different point.

The writers would be burnt in effigy by the same group they're a part of and pander to if they have it be Arthas due to the implications thereof.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    25 years and over of character development, she deserves a death touching, powerful, and climatic like Varian & Arthas' death.
    That's a joke. She deserves an arrow between the eyes and to be kicked off a cliff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Sylvanas and Tyrande have no personal connection whatsoever, so while she has a large grievance, it's not a personal grievance
    Right, no personal grievance at all. Just that teeny, tiny thing where Sylvanas ordered her troops to burn Teldrassil along with thousands of its people.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Right, no personal grievance at all. Just that teeny, tiny thing where Sylvanas ordered her troops to burn Teldrassil along with thousands of its people.
    Her people are statistic and your own description of this gets across that for the night elves this is as much about Sylvanas as the Horde at large that was complicit in the act. Sylvanas and Tyrande I'm fairly sure have never even shared a scene. She and every night elf have incredible reason to want to kill Sylvanas, but there's nothing there in terms of drama, as compared to the great detail and length of her conflict with Genn, from invading and blighting his home, enslaving his people, killing his son and then their clash over in Stormheim. Additionally, as @Razion already said, giving Tyrande the kill has the added downside of absolving her of her grievance against the Horde and giving an excuse to turn her into another generic peacenik, so there's even more utility in having her assist, but not be the one to do the deed.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-07-11 at 10:59 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it's likely going to be Genn or the Jailer.

I want her to not die.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think she will die? Her plot armour is even better than Anduin's.

Perhaps her punishment will be for Anduin to resurrect her into "true" life, allowing her to suffer the guilt and emotions she deserves for inflicting so much pain on the world. She could then spend the rest of her days leading a life of charitable servitude to those in need, trying to atone for her past actions. A bit like Angel from Buffy.

Sylvanas will somehow open a portal to the past before she is killed by Arthas and we will have to go there too to fix the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by BillCosby14 View Post
    No, she doesn't. She deserves to be burned up and pissed on.
    Wow you guys take the video game too seriously.
    On topic i dont think she will die.If she does WoW is pretty much dead with one of the most iconic character dead.What will remain is Mary Sue Wrynn.
    Not counting Thrall as he is cultivating tomatoes and cucumbers atm..

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    Wow you guys take the video game too seriously.
    On topic i dont think she will die.If she does WoW is pretty much dead with one of the most iconic character dead.What will remain is Mary Sue Wrynn.
    Not counting Thrall as he is cultivating tomatoes and cucumbers atm..
    You tell me I take the game too seriously, but for you the entire game would be dead without her?

Ok necrophiliaboy

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-11 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

I reckon it might be Blightcaller in a she's gone to far sort of sense. Does shadow rising cover how much of her intentions he knows?