Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World of warcraft: Exploring azeroth: The eastern kingdoms - October

For over a quarter of a century, players of Warcraft and World of Warcraft have been treated to a treasure trove of artifacts, gear, weaponry, and trinkets of both awe and amusement. Now players can get an in-depth look at the items they have collected…and some they might not have just yet. With exquisite art and a framing story involving the no-nonsense Matthias Shaw and high-spirited Captain Flynn Fairwind, this book covers the continent of the Eastern Kingdom, from Stormwind to Stranglethorn, plaguelands to palaces, and all the lands in between.

more shaw and flynn romance!

This book is super old news?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    For over a quarter of a century, players of Warcraft and World of Warcraft have been treated to a treasure trove of artifacts, gear, weaponry, and trinkets of both awe and amusement. Now players can get an in-depth look at the items they have collected…and some they might not have just yet. With exquisite art and a framing story involving the no-nonsense Matthias Shaw and high-spirited Captain Flynn Fairwind, this book covers the continent of the Eastern Kingdom, from Stormwind to Stranglethorn, plaguelands to palaces, and all the lands in between.

more shaw and flynn romance!
    If there was needed any more proof that Rhlor is a bot... His copy/pasting algorithm just fucked up.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-11 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If there was needed any more proof that Rhlor is a bot... His copy/pasting algorithm just fucked up.
    I am a robot with feelings!
    /cry tears of oil

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This book is super old news?
    Yes, but now we know that the protagonists will be a gay couple!

I hadn't heard of it. Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I have no idea what the title is trying to say. Or the opening post, for that matter. What's imitation leather – octobe and what's it relationship to the Eastern Kingdoms?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There was a book announced some time ago that will be a kind of travelogue centered around Flynn and Shaw exploring various regions of Azeroth. I'm assuming this is in reference to it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    But it's being written by Golden, not Roux and we all know she only cares about WrathionxAnduin. I also doubt the framing story is going to be a tale about Cabin Boy Shaw polishing Flynn's mast anyway. On a more important note, why would they choose a Spymaster and a Sailor as characters to explore a continent and artifacts rather than an Archaeologist or an Explorer?

edit: The book in question.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I hadn't heard of it. Link?
    https://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraf.../dp/1950366278

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    But it's being written by Golden, not Roux and we all know she only cares about WrathionxAnduin. I also doubt the framing story is going to be a tale about Cabin Boy Shaw polishing Flynn's mast anyway. On a more important note, why would they choose a Spymaster and a Sailor as characters to explore a continent and artifacts rather than an Archaeologist or an Explorer?
    Subversion of expectation reigns supreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I am a robot with feelings!
    /cry tears of oil

- - - Updated - - -

You start singing Disney's Pinocchio's "Strings on me" your CPU is going straight in the bathtub

which is a shame

1) a spymaster would most likely be privy to a lot of intel concerning his home continent, and you never know who or what you'll run into on the high seas
    2) I thought Shaw and Flynn were just the main figures in a short story the book contains

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There was a book announced some time ago that will be a kind of travelogue centered around Flynn and Shaw exploring various regions of Azeroth. I'm assuming this is in reference to it.
    I'm puzzled by the mention of items and gear
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I'm puzzled by the mention of items and gear
    No idea there, unfortunately.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Did I miss the part where Shaw and Flynn were officially marked as gay?

10+ Year Old Account
    which is a shame
    I'm going to assume this is in reference to the choice of writer as the other thing is something I'm sure can be found on fanfiction.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    1) a spymaster would most likely be privy to a lot of intel concerning his home continent, and you never know who or what you'll run into on the high seas
    2) I thought Shaw and Flynn were just the main figures in a short story the book contains
    I don't doubt that Shaw would be privy to critical intelligence due to his position of Spymaster of Stormwind but I'm pretty sure that would pertain to more current events and wouldn't be as applicable as an Archaeologist's or historian's understanding of the continent and the artifacts being shown in the book. Not to mention Shaw doesn't really give off the vibe of someone who has a keen interest in history other than what little research is necessary for him to do his job and be loyal to Anduin. Also Shadows Rising seems to suggest boats don't agree with him. The short story is apparently supposed to guide the rest of the book whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Did I miss the part where Shaw and Flynn were officially marked as gay?
    Shadows Rising, it's not out yet but from the leaks, reviews and the author straight up saying that Blizzard literally told her make them gay thus she did so then yeah you probably missed it. Though I still find the idea of Flynn grabbing Shaw by the hand and Shaw sniffing Flynn and getting flustered a ridiculous establishment for their "romantic" relationship.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2020-07-11 at 06:40 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Shadows Rising, it's not out yet but from the leaks, reviews and the author straight up saying that Blizzard literally told her make them gay thus she did so then yeah you probably missed it. Though I still find the idea of Flynn grabbing Shaw by the hand and Shaw sniffing Flynn and getting flustered a ridiculous establishment for their "romantic" relationship.
    Other than turning previously clearly not gay characters into gay characters (Flynn was a womanizer, Shaw also clearly liked woman) I will hold back on this until Shadowlands actually comes out and I read the book.

But if they won't acknowledge this at all in the actual game itself then I'll call bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Other than turning previously clearly not gay characters into gay characters (Flynn was a womanizer, Shaw also clearly liked woman) I will hold back on this until Shadowlands actually comes out and I read the book.

But if they won't acknowledge this at all in the actual game itself then I'll call bullshit.
    Flynn's Bi

Edit: This was confirmed on twitter by the quest designer who made them apparently
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Flynn's Bi

Edit: This was confirmed on twitter by the quest designer who made them apparently
    I missed the part where I had to look for Twitter posts to understand the lore of the game after I did each zone like 14 times now.

Cuz in the actual game nothing even suggests the above, i would say it even goes against it.