View Poll Results: Fat, scars or other imperfection would you dump a SO?

Voters
29. This poll is closed
  • Yes. I’m really very picky

4 13.79%
  • No of course not that silly

25 86.21%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The freaking yogurt I ate today has 178 kcal. I'd need to eat TEN of those to reach the 1800 you're talking about. It's 4 pm now here and I've eaten fk all since I woke up basically. My dinner will be some oven pork loin with salad. Hardly worth 1600 kcal.

I drink water all day long, no idea if water makes you fucking fat nowadays.

Stop this nonsense bullshit. It's all about how much stuff you eat vs. how many calories you burn during the day. As you get older, your body refuses to burn calories just by being alive. You have to give more and more effort to maintain a weight that, as a teenager and early adult, you had no trouble maintaining. But thanks to office work, sitting on your ass all day long, even if you don't eat so much, your body will just naturally start to bunker fat.

It's essentially your body telling you to die already.

I wouldn't want someone that is fat, scars I don't care about. Fat means they don't know how to take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post

you're dreaming. Seriously, get to at least 30+, see what that does to your body, and then start crying heavily in your 40's
    Wtf? xD

I am turning 32 in July, I weigh 51 kg to 155 cm. I don't have any problems to keep my weight down as a result of getting older. I was heavier when I was pregnant but lost that weight quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

The freaking yogurt I ate today has 178 kcal. I'd need to eat TEN of those to reach the 1800 you're talking about. It's 4 pm now here and I've eaten fk all since I woke up basically. My dinner will be some oven pork loin with salad. Hardly worth 1600 kcal.

I drink water all day long, no idea if water makes you fucking fat nowadays.

Stop this nonsense bullshit. It's all about how much stuff you eat vs. how many calories you burn during the day. As you get older, your body refuses to burn calories just by being alive. You have to give more and more effort to maintain a weight that, as a teenager and early adult, you had no trouble maintaining. But thanks to office work, sitting on your ass all day long, even if you don't eat so much, your body will just naturally start to bunker fat.

It's essentially your body telling you to die already.
    https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2228rank.html

If it was a biological fact you would get fat as you get older, all countries would look similar. Japan and South Korea has a lot of older people but low rates of obesity.
    Last edited by Katie N; 2020-05-20 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    I wouldn't want someone that is fat, scars I don't care about. Fat means they don't know how to take care of themselves.

Wtf? xD

I am turning 32 in July, I weigh 51 kg to 155 cm. I don't have any problems to keep my weight down as a result of getting older. I was heavier when I was pregnant but lost that weight quickly.
    You're Asian (probably?). One day you will wake up and you'll be 100 years older and 20kg heavier.

You're Asian (probably?). One day you will wake up and you'll be 100 years older and 20kg heavier.
    Wtf? xD

I am vietnamese.

My mother is overweight, not because of her age but because she loves food and doesn't care if she gains weight.

My father isn't overweight because he watches what he eats, if he would eat like my mother he would gain weight too.

Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    Bullshit, us asians don't just magically stave off weight gain because we're asian.
    Riiiight. Because Asians aren't the smallest people generally on the planet right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Averag...ght_by_country

I am a Croat. We rank 10th on average size. Genetics of course play a role.

Body height and weight correlate. We have to talk averages here. I don't care about you personally all that much actually. But disregarding nature and bodily decline with rising age is pure ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    Being smaller means any weight you gain is more noticeable and has more of an impact on your health.

Compare someone that's 70 kg at 150 cm to someone that's 70 kg at 180 cm. One is fat, one is normal weight.
    Right. And to my experience, smaller people usually tend to have an easier time householding their weight. Up to a specific degree of course. And all of them, one way or the other, have turned into pretty much different people as soon as their body decline has started at ~30.

Unless of course they changed their habits, started working out or god knows what they did to counter that decline. But just doing nothing different from age 18 to 40 won't yield great results when you're 40.

That's all I'm saying.

And therefore, gaining weight is not a negative in a relationship. It's natural.

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf? xD

I am vietnamese.

My mother is overweight, not because of her age but because she loves food and doesn't care if she gains weight.

My father isn't overweight because he watches what he eats, if he would eat like my mother he would gain weight too.
    Ask your dad how he felt about this body when he was your age, vs. how he feels now. Don't be too surprised.

Ask your dad how he felt about this body when he was your age, vs. how he feels now. Don't be too surprised.
    What does that have to do with weight gain? xD

What does that have to do with weight gain? xD
    I'm sure nowadays he's paying more attention to it than what he used to. Of course if you actively fight the weight gain you can counter it. Otherwise we'd all be fat one way or the other. I'm saying that you shouldn't trust that you will remain slim and sexy with rising age by "just" doing what you do today... and that's "simply" not eating a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That’s has nothing to do with being Asian, though. In places like Korea and Japan they have much different eating habits, proportion sizes and generally have a better understanding of healthy vs unhealthy foods, like diets rich in seafood, etc. Majority of the population also look down on obesity, so there’s a lot of peer-pressure to remain a healthy weight, especially by employers. Even a lot of clothing stores will have limited options for larger people, with many turning you away at the door if you’re too big.
    Yea, Japan even has a yearly body "size" check that if you fail it you are penalized one way or the other. Could be an urban legend though.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    if my girl would become fat i would end it with her. if she gets in an accident and gets scars it doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Moriati View Post
    if my girl would become fat i would end it with her. if she gets in an accident and gets scars it doesn't bother me.
    And if she was your wife and you had two children with her?

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    And if she was your wife and you had two children with her?
    still would end it.

still would end it.
    I love the moral high ground I can take over you

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    I love the moral high ground I can take over you
    attraction has nothing to do with morals. if i stopped finding her attractive i wouldn't be with her.

attraction has nothing to do with morals. if i stopped finding her attractive i wouldn't be with her.
    I'm sure your kids will understand bro it's okay.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure your kids will understand bro it's okay.
    i'm never going to have any kids.

i'm never going to have any kids.
    Ah yes that one famous quote just before your wife gives birth to quintuplets.

10+ Year Old Account
    What in the fuck did this thread derail into?
    Some chick trying to justify being extremely vain and judging peoples character on face value.

Never change, off-topic. Never change.

I remember when my bro ended his time with his gf. She got big...she just wasn't spending any time in the gym anymore, and her eating habits became shitty.

Right. And to my experience, smaller people usually tend to have an easier time householding their weight. Up to a specific degree of course. And all of them, one way or the other, have turned into pretty much different people as soon as their body decline has started at ~30.

Unless of course they changed their habits, started working out or god knows what they did to counter that decline. But just doing nothing different from age 18 to 40 won't yield great results when you're 40.

That's all I'm saying.

And therefore, gaining weight is not a negative in a relationship. It's natural.
    I'm in my early 30s and people still can't tell whether I'm old enough to buy alcoholics when I shave, so they ask me for me an ID. In showing pictures to both friends and strangers, neither can tell whether they are recent ones or from when I was in high school. Haven't changed habits aside perhaps avoiding junk food, but I can't in all honesty say I eat super-healthily, and I'm big fan of beer. My body improved from when I was 18-20 because I managed to build some muscle mass, so I'm no longer skinny, skinny-fit more like if we're to pick those kind of stereotypes. I've always been an avid swimmer/skier depending on the season though, and I work out 5 days a week - nothing excessive, 30 to 60 minutes depending on how I feel. I also do a lot of practical shooting which is much more taxing than it might sound - lots of movement, weapons are heavy, mags you have to keep on your belt even more so, and shooting from weird angles with long guns fucks up the center of gravity and puts a lot of strain in your abs to compensate for instance - and you sweat a lot because of the earmuffs, I don't trust earplugs alone.

I do realize I'm an exception to the rule though, especially when comparing myself with some friends/acquaintances I retained from college and some even from high school. They look significantly older and most of them have a beer belly, even those who at the time were shredded, with just one exception other than me (a guy who was overweight in high school and is now ripped, so much so that I suspect he rode the bicycle).

As to the bolded part, it can be a dangerous thing to do if left uncorrected. We're creatures of flesh and blood, and while a certain degree of decline is natural, it's likewise natural to lose sexual interest in someone who gains too much weight and does nothing to correct it. And when that happens, the other party can either cheat, end the relationship or try and become asexual (good luck with that).
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    As to the bolded part, it can be a dangerous thing to do if left uncorrected. We're creatures of flesh and blood, and while a certain degree of decline is natural, it's likewise natural to lose sexual interest in someone who gains too much weight and does nothing to correct it. And when that happens, the other party can either cheat, end the relationship or try and become asexual (good luck with that).
    Slap that fat bro, it's funny how it wriggles.