Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Racial Class Armor Design - Fan Art by Arthur Lorenz

Racial Class Armor Design - Fan Art by Arthur Lorenz
    Arthur Lorenz, a very talented Concept Artist & Illustrator, has made some astonishing heritage armors for every race in World of Warcraft! Check them out on ArtStation!

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-05-17 at 09:27 PM.

Finally getting the exposure that he's totally due. Been following on his Instagram for quite some time.

And then there's Blizzard - making ugly sets for each wearer(cloth, leather, mail, plate) in BFA and saying it's hard to design them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of those are amazing. I want to see Undead, haha.

5+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this just gear already in the game?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    And then there's Blizzard - making ugly sets for each wearer(cloth, leather, mail, plate) in BFA and saying it's hard to design them.
    To play fair/devils advocate. There is a large difference between making concept art and designs and then rendering them in game properly with minimal clipping and not spending months with tiny or oversized shoulders like Orcs did in TBC. But I agree, BfAs sets were hot garbage and half of Legions were just retooled old sets.
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai90 View Post
    To play fair/devils advocate. There is a large difference between making concept art and designs and then rendering them in game properly with minimal clipping and not spending months with tiny or oversized shoulders like Orcs did in TBC. But I agree, BfAs sets were hot garbage and half of Legions were just retooled old sets.
    loved the legion sets,yeah they used old designes like the tomb sets,and that was awsome,i love the t6 sets,and having them redone like that was awsome,the mythic versions were similar but with extra spice

I mean its kinda weird to have racial DK, warlock or monk sets from a lore perspective.

But they look cool I guess.

I wish we had this type of gear ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai90 View Post
    Of course. But there's second side of the coin - Blizzard is a huge company that earns millions a month, and this guy just does it for fun.

He just kills it again and again. Like seriously, here they are scaling back on class gear and taking for ever to release single sets for races. Yes I get it, it takes time to make the models but... like... Blizzard isn't exactly small and they could produce stuff in the past, look at Vanilla or Wrath... this whole, barely any gear models or designs even colours and skins these days... really makes ya wonder.

These look amazing but I don't really see the Night Elf hunter set looking very "hunter". Looks more mage like to me.

He even did a fantastic mock up for a Broken allied race, hope he does the same for Furbolg and Yaungol someday

On topic though his designs are definitely fantastic, I particularly enjoy his VE hunter and rogue and his Mag'har warrior designs

3+ Year Old Account
    That Bwonsamdi DK armor is glorious

Quote Originally Posted by Lakrin View Post
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4b9Blq

Handclaw has done more than just this... the guy is incredible... I can't imagine anyone complaining about any of his sets...

Quote Originally Posted by Lakrin View Post
    There you go: https://handclaw.artstation.com/proj...bum_id=1137119

Quote Originally Posted by Galaar View Post
    These look amazing but I don't really see the Night Elf hunter set looking very "hunter". Looks more mage like to me.
    It's literally an upgraded version of a NPC set that's only used by ARCHERS so far, and that one druid from the original WoW cinematic

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    It's literally an upgraded version of a NPC set that's only used by ARCHERS so far, and that one druid from the original WoW cinematic
    Yeah I still don't see it. Maybe it's the color that throws me off. I am not dogging the artist these are all amazing looking I just don't see the pink/purple color scheme screaming hunter at me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The human hunter looks great