Poll: Which set do you prefer?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Yea well, first and* last time I guess. Never had trust issues with Blizzard before. Isn't this unprecedented? Has a set ever been just swapped so willy-nilly? I've been watching Datamining since Cata and I can't recall another time it's happened.
    I think some of the Gold challenge mode armor in MoP were altered build to build.

But you're right it's not common.

Vastly prefer the original version of the armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

7+ Year Old Account
    The old set was horrendous.
    It lacked so much detail and aesthetic.

the new one looks so much better.

Formerly known as Arafal

Totally there's a But about it. It just takes empathy to see. You excluded the reasonable question I ask, as to if the Plate sets were changed, how would people feel and react? Probably worse than I feel.

They ain't responsible, no, though I didn't claim they were.

Yea well, first and* last time I guess. Never had trust issues with Blizzard before. Isn't this unprecedented? Has a set ever been just swapped so willy-nilly? I've been watching Datamining since Cata and I can't recall another time it's happened.
    No, there is no "but" about it. I am going to do race changes, faction changes and realm changes too for Shadowlands. And for that exact reason I am waiting for pre-patch. What you did is hasty and thoughtless. Bear the consequences like a grown up human being.

Also, we don't know which of the two will be the covenant set yet and whichever of the two it is, it doesn't matter because the other one will be used for something else and will be available. So you can still use it on whatever race you race changed to. Just because it's not THE covenant set doesn't mean you can't use it.
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2020-05-22 at 06:22 AM.

Totally there's a But about it. It just takes empathy to see. You excluded the reasonable question I ask, as to if the Plate sets were changed, how would people feel and react? Probably worse than I feel.

They ain't responsible, no, though I didn't claim they were.

The original tier sets from vanilla were changed to the appearances we know today well into the game. It's happened before, though I know that is a very outdated example.

First set looks like a leveling set.

While yes they don't normally change that stuff after it hit alpha there is NO reason to be angry at them as they always say nothing is final. So no outrage neccessary and as you said: Entirely your fault. Why would you race change on something that will come out in half a year MAYBE!

Also the second set looks miles better

Why on earth did you do something like that? The first set was clearly unfinished. No armor details at all compared to other Covenant sets, its just a datamined work in progress-thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

10+ Year Old Account
    OP might as well just delete this thread lmao jesus fucking christ

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

7+ Year Old Account
    You are comparing apples to oranges.
    Unlike the Plate set, the mail set wasn't prominently featured anywhere, it was gradually added in the alpha builds while the plate set was pretty much done and fully detailed since before the alpha launch.

It is entirely your own fault for prematurely paying for a race change.

Formerly known as Arafal

I like them both, the first one looks more rogueish like. If that was leather I'd also be mad OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You are comparing apples to oranges.
    Unlike the Plate set, the mail set wasn't prominently featured anywhere, it was gradually added in the alpha builds while the plate set was pretty much done and fully detailed since before the alpha launch.
    This is very true, and I had realized the fallacy of my argument sometime last night.

The emphasis you're all putting on the race-change is laughable, it was supplementary to the covenant choice. Just so happens to be a woopsies of mine I mention in the OP, not at all the point of the thread. Poll is doing the job as intended
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wow...that would be a massive creative change if they actually did that just now during alpha.

Also had a good laugh at "it is alpha, things change" when the typical replay concerning feedback and changes is "Blizzard never changes anything".

But yeah...you can always hope with the folks who suggest Blizzard will not throw the asset away, but use it elsewhere. Not sure which one I like more. The second one is more "flashy" but I dislike the tentacly feeling I get from it. Also bit unfair comparison, would like to see both on the same race.
    The first one is based on the Decomposer bugs in Ardenweald.

The second one is based on the Dryads in Ardenweald.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The first one is based on the Decomposer bugs in Ardenweald.

The second one is based on the Dryads in Ardenweald.
    Either way My main is going Ardenweald, I like the new set better but if they use the old one I won't complain too much, it was the weakest of the Ardenweald sets in my eyes the plate and cloth are pretty strong, and at least the leather will be a strong Druid option, but the old mail did kind of look like a plate set

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Either way My main is going Ardenweald, I like the new set better but if they use the old one I won't complain too much, it was the weakest of the Ardenweald sets in my eyes the plate and cloth are pretty strong, and at least the leather will be a strong Druid option, but the old mail did kind of look like a plate set
    Honestly, the new mail and the plate set are probably the strongest to me. Leather and cloth are just.. kinda meh to me. Cloth has a good idea, but too few 3D pieces and one of the 3D pieces is wasted on sandals you will never see lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    First set could be used somewhere else. I do like both but the new one is just more detailed and better Imo.

The first set looks like every green leveling set ever. Shit for detail, nothing that makes it stand out. Which if that's your thing, awesome, but it doesn't say "Hey you worked with a group of people with a very distinct aesthetic.

As for race changing due to "lore" about 5 months before the earliest launch of the expansion, yea that's entirely on you.

I actually like the Original set, the new one is just a bit too much and thats Always the problem with blizzard. They always go over the top with certain gears that it makes it a bit too much. Also they sometimes do nothing to gears and make it too underwhelming. The only part they are good at is the plate one, the rest ones are mostly bad, so blizz pls hire better ones even though I know your not getting new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The old set was horrendous.
    It lacked so much detail and aesthetic.

the new one looks so much better.
    The old one looks like it could take a hit from a bullet/arrow/sword/etc while the new one looks like "armor" crafted for a stage play with the chest and pants being made completely of cloth.

I already raced-changed my Shaman based on the first 'Shellbug' looking set, and now I don't want to go anywhere near the Night Fae with this.
    Uhh what? It doesn't matter what race your shaman is, they can wear this gear if they go Night Fae. The race change is entirely on you and has nothing to do with the change in armor, because this change would have happened regardless.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I'm sure it's been said in this thread, but your example of the plate set being changed is a ridiculous comparison. Blizzard officially announced and showed off the Ardenweald plate set. The bug armor set, by contrast, has literally only been seen in datamining. Blizzard never announced it or listed it as the official mail Ardenweald armor anywhere. Further, it was at least a clear WIP. I understand being disappointed if that was really your thing, but yeah, definitely not the same as changing the plate set at this point.

I do like the new set more, especially the emerald green and the yellowish-brown tints. I had been considering the Night Fae for my hunter before I saw the datamining of the disappointing bug armor, and now with this awesome new set, Ardenweald is back on the covenant menu.