Poll: Which spec for each race, lorewise?

Choosing Paladin Spec by Lore

Ok, quick silly question. If you were going to make a Holy Paladin, a Protection Paladin, and a Retribution Paladin, and you could only use each of these three races once, which would you match with which spec?

Human
    Draenei
    Lightforged

I'm leaning toward Retribution for Lightforged, as they're kinda the ultimate holy warriors, Holy for Draenei, since they're very light focused and into healing, and then Protection for Humans, as they're the classic "sword" and board race, so a shielded paladin makes sense.

On the other hand, a Human Paladin with a giant two-handed mace is pretty iconic, slightly moreso than a Draenei like Maraad. So I could keep Humans as Retribution and make the Lightforged a Protection Paladin. I've seen plenty of art with them having shields.

Anyway, just wanting some outside opinions on this.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play retribution on my lightforged as it's the ultimate paladin spec for me - vindicating enemies with the light.

But, one could also say that being forged from light, grants you the best abilities to heal and mend with the light.. or function as a bulwark of protection.
    In the end, you can always recpecc

Retribution cause Ashbringer.

I think I should clarify. You're making 3 paladins. One Human, one Draenei, and one Lightforged. You can use each spec only once. What specs do you use on each race?

I know you can respec, but pretend you can't.

Holy for human, using the artifact for 2H WC3 flavor. Protection and Retribution are interchangeable for draenei/LF draenei to me, but I suppose I would go Protection for draenei since I wouldn't have a use for the Vindicator's Bulwark skin otherwise.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Ok, quick silly question. If you were going to make a Holy Paladin, a Protection Paladin, and a Retribution Paladin, and you could only use each of these three races once, which would you match with which spec?

Human
    Draenei
    Lightforged

I'm leaning toward Retribution for Lightforged, as they're kinda the ultimate holy warriors, Holy for Draenei, since they're very light focused and into healing, and then Protection for Humans, as they're the classic "sword" and board race, so a shielded paladin makes sense.

On the other hand, a Human Paladin with a giant two-handed mace is pretty iconic, slightly moreso than a Draenei like Maraad. So I could keep Humans as Retribution and make the Lightforged a Protection Paladin. I've seen plenty of art with them having shields.

Anyway, just wanting some outside opinions on this.
    I'm biased towards human paladins being holy, given how the Paladin in WC3 was mostly a support hero, who healed, gave armour and could even ress his allies.

Standard Draenei look like the ultimate carebear (not that that is a bad thing) race, but they also seem to me a little more militant that their human brethren, so Prot spec befits them the most imo. And finally, LF Draenei are the ultimate "light badass" race, the closest we have in WoW to light zealots, so for LF pallies, Ret fits them like a glove.

My $0.02
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I'm biased towards human paladins being holy, given how the Paladin in WC3 was mostly a support hero, who healed, gave armour and could even ress his allies.

Standard Draenei look like the ultimate carebear (not that that is a bad thing) race, but they also seem to me a little more militant that their human brethren, so Prot spec befits them the most imo. And finally, LF Draenei are the ultimate "light badass" race, the closest we have in WoW to light zealots, so for LF pallies, Ret fits them like a glove.

My $0.02
    If only you could transmog the Holy 2H artifact weapon and libram over a 1H weapon and shield, the Human Holy Paladin would make complete sense.