Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...you need somebody reliable to bet on how 10 or so brawls will go and to drop some shit on people, so you need a friend. But that should work ...where ever they are. I could even invite my sister who plays on a german server, while I play english...CRZ or whatnot really helped.

I did have 6 million, but that was like 2 years or so of free play in Legion and now is a lot more....there was no way I would spend that on the brutosaur (I still got the 2 million spider)
    but but but... long boiiii!

I want the spider too... shame the spider can only be bought at specific times. Now whenever I'm ready for that I'll have to probably camp a damned vendor in Dalaran. *eyeroll*
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

If they were to make one for 450 and 500 then I'd rather they put in a bunch of mounts that aren't RNG related so it's a bit more feasible.

I'm at 315 according to Simple Armory (330 in-game I think I last saw).

What I have left is 97 RNG related mounts, which despite running the content countless times still haven't dropped.
    10 Vendor mounts (each over 100k each)
    9 Argent Tournament (because /vomit; despite slowly working on)
    Then 8 BFA Achievement that will be worked on later/next expansion, 4 Legion, 2 WoD, 2 MoP that are being worked on.
    Approximately 10 store mounts (though these do not count for the achieve)

I'm all for collecting high amount of mounts, but the achievement can be a total road block for people because RNG doesn't favor them. I would rather than be less RNG chance to mounts so it makes these achievements a bit more realistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If they were to make one for 450 and 500 then I'd rather they put in a bunch of mounts that aren't RNG related so it's a bit more feasible.

I'm at 315 according to Simple Armory (330 in-game I think I last saw).

What I have left is 97 RNG related mounts, which despite running the content countless times still haven't dropped.
    10 Vendor mounts (each over 100k each)
    9 Argent Tournament (because /vomit; despite slowly working on)
    Then 8 BFA Achievement that will be worked on later/next expansion, 4 Legion, 2 WoD, 2 MoP that are being worked on.
    Approximately 10 store mounts (though these do not count for the achieve)

I'm all for collecting high amount of mounts, but the achievement can be a total road block for people because RNG doesn't favor them. I would rather than be less RNG chance to mounts so it makes these achievements a bit more realistic.
    Going to have to staunchly stand in opposition. This is the easy way out. This amount of mounts shouldn't be even remotely easy. It should truly be something special.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yep..you do...mad merchant something
    Yeah, can we nottttt

Imagine if I actually put my mind to it to get the gold first, at least... ugh
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Going to have to staunchly stand in opposition. This is the easy way out. This amount of mounts shouldn't be even remotely easy. It should truly be something special.
    Going to have to agree with you here.

450 and for sure, 500, mounts is much much harder than saving 5m gold esp if you played during Legion (which was 1 expansion ago).

I'm at 489 unique and some of the RNG is too extreme even for me (World boss mounts). Paragon mounts def bother me when the rep takes action to get (which in this case is only the Nazjatar faction), Legion paragons could be brute forced.

Making something RNG related does not make it "truly special" at all, it just makes someone lucky. It's the equivalent of saying "Hey these people won the lottery." It just doesn't make it special at all.

RNG is a cruel mistress and you could go years without ever seeing a bunch of the mounts drops. Most of the ones I have missing I have been farming for years on multiple alts and have yet to see drop.

It's easy to want to disagree, especially when you are in a position where you have been able to benefit from said luck. Either way you are free to disagree.

Currently we are at:

~43 Achievement Mounts (Varying Difficulty)
    ~184 Vendor Mounts (Varying Difficulty; Some require achieves, Some require different items)
    ~17 Quest Related Mounts (A couple RNG dropped, etc)
    ~52 Other Type Mounts
    Any other not accounted for have some sort of RNG tied to it, is a vicious saddle / honor mount (harder to gauge the difficulty of these compared to others)

So we are only at ~292 Mounts that aren't tied to RNG. Increasing it to 500 means that the achievement would be roughly at around 41.6% RNG related which makes it way too heavily skewed toward luck.

The numbers above also exclude any promotion mounts Blizzard as they are either unavailable (Annual Pass, Blizzcon, etc), store mounts (exclude from achievement total in-game), TCG, or BMAH.

I'd much prefer the achievement be closer to ~10-15%% in terms of having RNG tied to it. Having some RNG tied is ok, but the amount of RNG tied currently is too much. Right now we are at a rough 27%.

I don't think it is a lot to make all of the mount achieves attainable without RNG, aside from the last one which in this case would be 400. So making 1-350 more attainable would be decent. Now the 1-350 all still have varying grades of difficulty so it is not like someone can go and get the 350 quickly if they wanted to. People who played longer will have an easier time with this while newer players will have to put in some work. Then we have to remember that a vast majority of the people aren't ever going to use these achievement mounts so it is not like you are going to see them everywhere.

People put way too much value into how things should be rewarded because they think it loses meaning if they see others have it. Achievements are personal accomplishments, not something that be judged by others whether it is special or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Going to have to agree with you here.

450 and for sure, 500, mounts is much much harder than saving 5m gold esp if you played during Legion (which was 1 expansion ago).

I'm at 489 unique and some of the RNG is too extreme even for me (World boss mounts). Paragon mounts def bother me when the rep takes action to get (which in this case is only the Nazjatar faction), Legion paragons could be brute forced.
    Again, having things be tied to RNG doesn't made it hard by any means. It just makes one lucky. See above for more explanation.

Brutosaur with black market auctioneer would be sweet, and much less useful than the normal auctioneer so it wouldn't really devalue the 5m gold one.

But lets be honest, it's gonna be another recolor of the ardenweald stag.

Making something RNG related does not make it "truly special" at all, it just makes someone lucky. It's the equivalent of saying "Hey these people won the lottery." It just doesn't make it special at all.

RNG is a cruel mistress and you could go years without ever seeing a bunch of the mounts drops. Most of the ones I have missing I have been farming for years on multiple alts and have yet to see drop.

It's easy to want to disagree, especially when you are in a position where you have been able to benefit from said luck. Either way you are free to disagree.

Currently we are at:

~43 Achievement Mounts (Varying Difficulty)
    ~184 Vendor Mounts (Varying Difficulty; Some require achieves, Some require different items)
    ~17 Quest Related Mounts (A couple RNG dropped, etc)
    ~52 Other Type Mounts
    Any other not accounted for have some sort of RNG tied to it, is a vicious saddle / honor mount (harder to gauge the difficulty of these compared to others)

So we are only at ~292 Mounts that aren't tied to RNG. Increasing it to 500 means that the achievement would be roughly at around 41.6% RNG related which makes it way too heavily skewed toward luck.

The numbers above also exclude any promotion mounts Blizzard as they are either unavailable (Annual Pass, Blizzcon, etc), store mounts (exclude from achievement total in-game), TCG, or BMAH.

I'd much prefer the achievement be closer to ~10-15%% in terms of having RNG tied to it. Having some RNG tied is ok, but the amount of RNG tied currently is too much. Right now we are at a rough 27%.

I don't think it is a lot to make all of the mount achieves attainable without RNG, aside from the last one which in this case would be 400. So making 1-350 more attainable would be decent. Now the 1-350 all still have varying grades of difficulty so it is not like someone can go and get the 350 quickly if they wanted to. People who played longer will have an easier time with this while newer players will have to put in some work. Then we have to remember that a vast majority of the people aren't ever going to use these achievement mounts so it is not like you are going to see them everywhere.

People put way too much value into how things should be rewarded because they think it loses meaning if they see others have it. Achievements are personal accomplishments, not something that be judged by others whether it is special or not.

Again, having things be tied to RNG doesn't made it hard by any means. It just makes one lucky. See above for more explanation.
    I do respectfully disagree. You're only "lucky" to have an RNG mount if you got it in fewer drops than the drop percentage. If it's more, you're unlucky but you put in the "effort", as attempts.

And over time, it'll generally even out. Gods know I've bitched about shitty luck on some like my 415 Rustfeather kills and counting, and 25ish Ankoan caches (which isn't even actually unlucky, if the drop rate is 4%).

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    the spider mount would like a word with you. granted the spider is 2m and not 5m, but it gets a recolor.
    and how long did that take? bringing out a brutosaur clone immediately after taking it away, probably not likely. maybe in an xpac or 2.

I do respectfully disagree. You're only "lucky" to have an RNG mount if you got it in fewer drops than the drop percentage. If it's more, you're unlucky but you put in the "effort", as attempts.

And over time, it'll generally even out. Gods know I've bitched about shitty luck on some like my 415 Rustfeather kills and counting, and 25ish Ankoan caches (which isn't even actually unlucky, if the drop rate is 4%).
    I mean you are free to disagree, nothing wrong with that. However, my experience of 1000+ kills for each one so far really begs to differ on being lucky and effort. Most of the RNG's ones don't require effort, it's walk in, kill boss and leave. Heck, there are several that don't have RNG tied to it that require more effort. Personally, from my experience, the drop rates are horse crap and you really need luck to be on your side. Been farming A'lar since Wrath on my main and cata on my alts. Just finally got it a couple months ago. Doesn't mean it is "truly special" as some thinks. Just means I wasted so much of my life farming the thing =P For the amount of time I wasted on it, I would rather have it drop a token and get it after X amount of time.

I have not gotten the past 2 achievements from the mount journal, they've correlated with the Achievements/Statistics/Gear counter.

So I'd say, go by those. If the next achievements do count from the mount journal, I'll be set for both. If not, I'll need 40 more mounts.

And I don't know about others, but when I go for a mount, I put in effort. I've only once been really lucky, and that was the Voidtalon. I logged in and noticed X amount of characters coming at me, I looked and realized I had logged in on its spawn point, and got it.

The rest? Hundreds, HUNDREDS of kills for most, using multiple characters. Love rocket? Having all those characters level appropriate and logging them all every day throughout the event. Same with horseman, same with Sha.

So yeah, whilst the gameplay in itself of killing low level mobs might be easy, there's sure as fuck effort going into serious mount collecting. And this is before I touch on my many (all but the strider and big Blizzard bear) TCG-mounts.

If it were easy and took no effort, there'd be no collecting, there'd just be people with mounts.

In fact, I'm currently swearing and cussing over the collections needed for GW2 mounts, but all of them combined did not take me more time and effort spent than the TLPD... T__T
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-07-30 at 10:22 PM.

I mean you are free to disagree, nothing wrong with that. However, my experience of 1000+ kills for each one so far really begs to differ on being lucky and effort. Most of the RNG's ones don't require effort, it's walk in, kill boss and leave. Heck, there are several that don't have RNG tied to it that require more effort. Personally, from my experience, the drop rates are horse crap and you really need luck to be on your side. Been farming A'lar since Wrath on my main and cata on my alts. Just finally got it a couple months ago. Doesn't mean it is "truly special" as some thinks. Just means I wasted so much of my life farming the thing =P For the amount of time I wasted on it, I would rather have it drop a token and get it after X amount of time.
    Farming RNG based mount also requires effort, and I personally also consider owning those mounts great feats. Yes, getting a 1/2000 mount doesn't require skill, but it requires insane amounts of persistence, endurance and dedication. And those things are sometimes much more important characteristics a person can have than skill in a video game.

Sure, sometimes you will luck out and get something pretty rare within a couple tries, but it will even out across the board, that's just how odds work. Having a big collection of low drop rate mounts, or close to a complete collection, tells me: "Okay this dude didn't give up and camped rares and cleared raids for hundreds of hours. He spent so much of his time getting that slightly different color of a dragon, that barely anyone will even recognize, except for fellow crazies like himself. Maybe he got lucky on a couple, but with this many mounts he probably went really dry on some of them". And those people, to me, are as you said "truly special".

I would even go as far as to say that owning most of the low drop rate mounts in the game is more spectacular to me than owning Cutting Edge / Gladiator mounts. Oftentimes people who own those aren't even collectors. They just play the content and get those rewards sort of by accident. Obviously this is still a reward for exceptional skill in pve or pvp, but it has the feeling of a byproduct in those cases. Of course that mostly applies to high end players who own 100 mounts, there are also hardcore collectors among gladiators and famed slayers, and major hats off to them for the true gamer mastery.

There's a huge group in WoW pushing this idea that anything that is acquired through random drop is meaningless and the game should be one big test of skill. I disagree with that kind of philosophy completely and I disagree that pure skill is the end all be all of a fun gaming experience. I disagree that random nature of item acquisition takes away from their prestige.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Farming RNG based mount also requires effort, and I personally also consider owning those mounts great feats. Yes, getting a 1/2000 mount doesn't require skill, but it requires insane amounts of persistence, endurance and dedication. And those things are sometimes much more important characteristics a person can have than skill in a video game.
    I'm not saying eliminate all the RNG mounts completely. What we have is fine and where they add them are fine as well. I just think that they need to add "more obtainable" ones elsewhere to help with the achievements. Not all need to be easy, more achievement, etc would be alright as well.

There are tons of achievable mounts, every expansion hands you a bunch of them for very little effort. IMO it's fine for mounts to be 1% drops or guaranteed drops off rare spawns. I only really have a problem with Soundless, because it's both a rare spawn and a rare drop. And I do have the Soundless mount so that isn't just QQ. I saw the writing on the wall and ground it out right away while the zone was still popular.

That said, they shouldn't add more ultra-rare drops either, like the MoP worldboss mounts. But those MoP droprates shouldn't be increased now as that would devalue the time of everybody that got them.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    There are tons of achievable mounts, every expansion hands you a bunch of them for very little effort. IMO it's fine for mounts to be 1% drops or guaranteed drops off rare spawns. I only really have a problem with Soundless, because it's both a rare spawn and a rare drop. And I do have the Soundless mount so that isn't just QQ. I saw the writing on the wall and ground it out right away while the zone was still popular.

That said, they shouldn't add more ultra-rare drops either, like the MoP worldboss mounts. But those MoP droprates shouldn't be increased now as that would devalue the time of everybody that got them.
    Fabious

Fabious is a hideously stupid design, which was bugged and easy at the very start but if you didn't get it then, you were basically screwed after the fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying eliminate all the RNG mounts completely. What we have is fine and where they add them are fine as well. I just think that they need to add "more obtainable" ones elsewhere to help with the achievements. Not all need to be easy, more achievement, etc would be alright as well.
    I mean, don't they add regularly acquirable ones every expansion, though? Almost every rep added per expansion still has a couple vendor-specific mounts, then maybe they will have a Paragon mount as well.

I'm inclined to ask you what you think of reputations. ^_<

I'm one of the low % of players who has the 100 exalted reputations achievement. None of it was particularly hard. A solid chunk of it certainly required persistence, however. *coughs* Insane reputations, swapping Shattrath reps, Winterspring pre-Cata, and the like...

- - - Updated - - -

Fabious

Fabious is a hideously stupid design, which was bugged and easy at the very start but if you didn't get it then, you were basically screwed after the fix.
    What was the fix?
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    The rest? Hundreds, HUNDREDS of kills for most, using multiple characters. Love rocket? Having all those characters level appropriate and logging them all every day throughout the event. Same with horseman, same with Sha.
    At least you got your Sha mount, I'm still waiting after 5k kills to increase my mount counter by 1

I mean, don't they add regularly acquirable ones every expansion, though? Almost every rep added per expansion still has a couple vendor-specific mounts, then maybe they will have a Paragon mount as well.

I'm inclined to ask you what you think of reputations. ^_<

I'm one of the low % of players who has the 100 exalted reputations achievement. None of it was particularly hard. A solid chunk of it certainly required persistence, however. *coughs* Insane reputations, swapping Shattrath reps, Winterspring pre-Cata, and the like...

- - - Updated - - -

What was the fix?
    Re: reps, I see that as almost a reward for playing every expansion. I have, and I have that one as well. I just had to farm a few old ones, I had everything from WotLK forward already, and most of BC.

Re:Fabious, Apparently, first day or 2, it could be taunted and if it had aggro it did not despawn, so it just stayed up indefinitely. Or something close to that.
    Last edited by Zyrinx; 2020-07-31 at 11:49 AM.

IMO Fabious is fine. It's a rare spawn with a guaranteed drop. And it isn't even that rare, I got it after the hotfix making him untauntable.

Love Rocket is another that should be changed. It's a rare drop off a guaranteed spawn, but only being up for 2 weeks per year encourages people to grind it out on dozens of alts and that's a generally harmful thing. It should be increased to a 1% droprate even if it devalues the time of those that got it already for that reason.

Regarding the 100 reps, if you want to get those rep count achievements early they're extremely challenging. I got it without anything crazy/unavailable like Shen'dralar or the Insane once 8.3 reps were available. It will be even easier next expansion, when they'll probably add a 120 rep achievement, and so it goes.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-07-31 at 01:01 PM.

I would actually agree with you re: Fabious, if it had less spawn points. As it stands you need a dedicated raid to sit there for X hours, or some absolutely insane dumb luck.

But w/e, its just one of the mounts I have no interest in chasing. I can and will easily hit 500 unique without it very early in SL, if not before (that would take some luck and outlay of gold I am not prolly willing to spend).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    All we have is speculation so far. It was just called Ardenweald Toad in the article because it looks Ardenweald-y.
    Past experiences show that, if a mount perfectly fits a specific zone in an expansion, it's going to be sold in the shop.