Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Do rank 3 contaminants cost 3 x a rank 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxna View Post
    Do rank 3 contaminants cost 3 x a rank 1?
    First of all, effects are not always proportional to ranks. Having two Expedient I gives the same benefit and corruption than having one Expedient III. Anyway, to have what Twilight Devastation III gives, you need three rank-1 TDs.

Then after, rank-3s for +% stats don't cost as much echoes than would cost two rank-1s. Those rank-1s are less echoes and slot efficient, but they aren't so useless. If you target a specific amount of corruption (e.g. 39, or 59), you can benefit from lower ranks. But in most cases, just buy rank-3s.

For proportional effects (such as TD, IS, ...) cost seems to be also proportional.

It's funny, this rotation wouldn't even have been that bad if this was in from day one; poor, but not atrocious. But everything they do lately is such blatant holdovers until exp end, it just looks really bad honestly once you notice this. I really don't want to sound negative or so, I'm reasonably excited about SL, but I still think this deserves criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    It's funny, this rotation wouldn't even have been that bad if this was in from day one; poor, but not atrocious. But everything they do lately is such blatant holdovers until exp end, it just looks really bad honestly once you notice this. I really don't want to sound negative or so, I'm reasonably excited about SL, but I still think this deserves criticism.
    It's a little lame too how they are inflating the price of the "more in demand" corruptions. Follow this mess below if you can.

I don't think I've ever seen a r1 approach 5k, I mean 20 corruption for 5K? What will they want for a nerfed gushing? 5k I bet for 15 corruption.

Wasn't the sample sheet with r3 twilight dev something like 12k? At least 3x r1 twilight dev if they charge 5k each is the same as a r3.

You'd need 3.75x r1 infinite stars to get the equivalent to 1 rank 3. That puts it at 18,750 echoes if you wanted to slap the equivalent of a r3 stars on a piece this week using r1 stars. Does anyone else feel like MAU and hours played 'may' have been a factor in pricing, or at least what items they're putting up first for sale?

Don't even get me started on ineffable truth. R1 ineffable is vastly superior to r2 per point of corruption (r1 is 30% CDR at 12 corruption, r2 is 50% at 30, you do the math), yet r2 I think was more than double r1... it's the opposite scenario. It would be like if r1 stars was only 15 corruption, but the same damage as it is now at 20 corruption, AND it was cheaper to buy 3 r1 stars than 1 r3 stars... (of course none of which is true, but it shows what a crap shoot this is).

I'm sure this has been said before, but I have two theories, both are similar:

1. Weapons in NYA have the best corruptions for the most part. I believe these were never meant to be stacked, and were meant to be unique. Some would have been far too powerful if you could have stacked them on gear, like hunter bow, or lash of the void. Some were still far too powerful, but they needed a system to be more interesting, and so they started throwing corruptions on the random table that were never meant to be on there to stack. IE twilight dev, stars, etc. I don't think these were ever meant to be stacked in the original concept.

2. It is possible weapons originally were meant to be the ONLY form of corruption period, and possibly without scaling resistance. Not sure on this, but it could make sense. Obviously the system would have been much different here if this was the case.

Either way, I don't think you were ever meant to be able to stack dev, or stars.

Quote Originally Posted by xiloclipse View Post
    It's a little lame too how they are inflating the price of the "more in demand" corruptions. Follow this mess below if you can.

I don't think I've ever seen a r1 approach 5k, I mean 20 corruption for 5K? What will they want for a nerfed gushing? 5k I bet for 15 corruption.

Wasn't the sample sheet with r3 twilight dev something like 12k? At least 3x r1 twilight dev if they charge 5k each is the same as a r3.

You'd need 3.75x r1 infinite stars to get the equivalent to 1 rank 3. That puts it at 18,750 echoes if you wanted to slap the equivalent of a r3 stars on a piece this week using r1 stars. Does anyone else feel like MAU and hours played 'may' have been a factor in pricing, or at least what items they're putting up first for sale?

Don't even get me started on ineffable truth. R1 ineffable is vastly superior to r2 per point of corruption (r1 is 30% CDR at 12 corruption, r2 is 50% at 30, you do the math), yet r2 I think was more than double r1... it's the opposite scenario. It would be like if r1 stars was only 15 corruption, but the same damage as it is now at 20 corruption, AND it was cheaper to buy 3 r1 stars than 1 r3 stars... (of course none of which is true, but it shows what a crap shoot this is).

I'm sure this has been said before, but I have two theories, both are similar:

1. Weapons in NYA have the best corruptions for the most part. I believe these were never meant to be stacked, and were meant to be unique. Some would have been far too powerful if you could have stacked them on gear, like hunter bow, or lash of the void. Some were still far too powerful, but they needed a system to be more interesting, and so they started throwing corruptions on the random table that were never meant to be on there to stack. IE twilight dev, stars, etc. I don't think these were ever meant to be stacked in the original concept.

2. It is possible weapons originally were meant to be the ONLY form of corruption period, and possibly without scaling resistance. Not sure on this, but it could make sense. Obviously the system would have been much different here if this was the case.

Either way, I don't think you were ever meant to be able to stack dev, or stars.
    ummm, what? 5k for is1 (20 corr) is the same as 5k for stat% r3 (also 20 corr). Besides, r3 is is 75 corr, so it should be better than 3xr1, which is only 60 corr.

If anything is overpriced, it's the r2 stat% ones. To get to 36% extra stats you need 3 r3 or 4 r2 (same ammount of corruption), but you are paying 1500 echoes more. Figures the system screws me over once more with r2 severe after missing out on thousands of echoes by getting all the essences

The whole vendor should be released so we can buy what we want for our mains and alts, preferably cheaper too, cba this system

15+ Year Old Account
    Still no good corruptions that I'm interested in. Can you hurry up a bit Blizzard and suffle the rank 3 stuff in faster? Thanks!

Btw, not sure what all the fuss about IS is, the thing is good only on couple of inconsequential bosses in nya, has decent chace to outright 1shot you on one of them and is getting worse by the day, as fights are getting shorter

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Rotation serves no purpose. At least all the amps should be available at all times.