15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Wait, why did MMO-C tell me you replied to me, when that was to Easo? I R CONFUSED.
    I made a mistake and it done be fixed.

But I will say... "Who the fuck cares what Mark Levin says?"

A lot of people. His book was the #1 best seller 10 weeks in a row, and a lot of conservatives revere him as this generation's new anti-marxism messiah.

Nobody with brain cells cares what he has to say... but a lot of people do care what he has to say.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    His book was the #1 best seller 10 weeks in a row
    Nobody with brain cells cares what he has to say
    These two sentences taken together are a depressing commentary on this country.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course, for all of the conservatives claiming that liberals would have double standards if the story were flipped...

Mother of three fires one shot and injures nobody to scare off abusive ex-husband. Gets 20 years in prison.

Number of fucks given by conservatives: 0
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Of course, for all of the conservatives claiming that liberals would have double standards if the story were flipped...

Mother of three fires one shot and injures nobody to scare off abusive ex-husband. Gets 20 years in prison.

If it weren't for double standards, conservatives wouldn't have any
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Can we stop making idiots famous? Please?
    He's famous without any positive press just because media and politicians convicted him of the crime before the trial. The simple matter of fact way multiple outlets and famous people say he murdered people.

I'm not big on right-wing entities making him out to be a big hero. I just know he's famous even without them. People were literally fired for giving to his legal defense. The NAACP and NYT columnists said it was worse than Emmet Till and compared his clearing to racists murdering civil rights activists in the 60s. The lionizing after the fact is just icing on the cake, if you ask me.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How did i know she was black before even looking
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    How did i know she was black before even looking
    Because it's a tired script. We could all narrate this from memory.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Not sure if this belongs in this thread but I'm pretty fucking furious right now. The incident in Waukesha, WI is practically in my backyard. I regularly eat lunch at restaurants along the parade route. There are a shit ton of right-wing nutjob pieces of shit claiming this is retaliation for Rittenhouse despite we know literally nothing and are scraping bodies off the pavement still.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not to mention a Christmas Parade before Thanksgiving…
    To answer this question though, no way in hell there would be a Christmas parade after Thanksgiving in Wisconsin. The cold and the snow can get brutal here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not to mention a Christmas Parade before Thanksgiving… I honestly don’t know wtf this incident is about yet, because nobody really does, but it’s not surprising people are jumping to conclusions. It’s what we do. Knee jerk and then walk it back if we’re wrong.
    Like, this is fucking horrible, but why is this the thread for it? This thread's about police reform and the protests around it. As near as I can tell, there isn't even a hint as to a motive on the attacker, here, from what I can see. Sure, it's mostly been the Rittenhouse thread for hundreds of pages, but that's because of the trial and that his shooting was at a protest on this precise topic, making it at least somewhat relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like totally reprehensible clockwork.

Those far right talking points aren't going to scream themselves, are they?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Like totally reprehensible clockwork.

Those far right talking points aren't going to scream themselves, are they?
    What are you even talking about? Someone was talking about it and I just linked an article

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Who gives a flying fuck what Mark Levin says? He is fucking stupid.
    Thanks for reposting my Mark Levin video like that! I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Like, this is fucking horrible, but why is this the thread for it? This thread's about police reform and the protests around it. As near as I can tell, there isn't even a hint as to a motive on the attacker, here, from what I can see. Sure, it's mostly been the Rittenhouse thread for hundreds of pages, but that's because of the trial and that his shooting was at a protest on this precise topic, making it at least somewhat relevant.
    Because according to the right-wing idiots on twitter, the hot take is that this is revenge of the Rittenhouse trial.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Because according to the right-wing idiots on twitter, the hot take is that this is revenge of the Rittenhouse trial.
    Nobody knows yet what this is about so anyone making any assumptions including that "hot take" is an idiot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Nobody knows yet what this is about so anyone making any assumptions including that "hot take" is an idiot
    Then it doesn't belong in this thread, does it? There's literally no other link to this thread's subject matter here except for that garbage "hot take".

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Then it doesn't belong in this thread, does it? There's literally no other link to this thread's subject matter here except for that garbage "hot take".
    Except for the fact that it was you that made that connection. As far as I'm aware there's nothing on the article even implying it has anything to do with whatever is going on in your head. Also, it wasn't me that brought it up to begin with. So calm down and give it a rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except for the fact that it was you that made that connection. As far as I'm aware there's nothing on the article even implying it has anything to do with whatever is going on in your head. Also, it wasn't me that brought it up to begin with. So calm down and give it a rest.
    It has nothing to do with this thread, except for the hot take that was mentioned before you posted the link. The link was entirely unnecessary.

Please post constructively.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a thread about police abuses and the protests about those police abuses.

Why would an attack on a parade be relevant to this thread unless you were trying to imply some connection?