Quote Originally Posted by Chipped coin View Post
    Explain why they didn't? Two people assaulting someone with a deadly weapon shouldn't expect to have deadly force leveled at them?
    There's a huge fucking difference between "if you attack someone with a gun, you might get shot" and "they deserved to die."

Reality isn't Twitter. Overlook that at your peril.
    Yes, the reality is complicated and messy and nothing about this situation is clear cut. Overlook that at your peril.

There is a video... skateboard guy and the wanna be medic guy faking a surrender are known. You must be aware of them by now no?
    Yes, how fucking dare they try to take a gun away from a kid who just shot and killed somebody. The fucking gall of them to try and disarm an active shooter armed with nothing but a goddamned skateboard. Truly, such despicable actions were deserving of death.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2021-11-24 at 06:56 PM.

It's a lot like how that guy who ran over 50 elderly people and children in the Christmas parade is claiming self defense. By your logic he is right to. I just don't think it will ring true.
    lol whos burner is this

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a video... skateboard guy and the wanna be medic guy faking a surrender are known. You must be aware of them by now no?
    You mean the video of Rittenhouse murdering two people and maiming a third? Yes, we're aware.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the guy using it as a shield while trying to subdue Rittenhouse? And the "fake Medic" that never touched Rittenhouse. Therefor never assaulted him?

Do you know what assaulted means or no? Going by your statements I'm leaning towards no.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explain why they didn't? Two people assaulting someone with a deadly weapon shouldn't expect to have deadly force leveled at them?

Reality isn't Twitter. Overlook that at your peril.
    If you applied this standard fairly, you've established Rittenhouse was the armed aggressor and should have, himself, expected deadly force to be leveled at him, which should have led to his conviction.

So not only is this standard you've invented out of nothing complete horseshit, you're also hypocritically picking and choosing who it applies to, on ideological grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Thankfully KKK neighborhood watch groups remain banned. The fact we had to sweat about it in 2021 is... something.
    I think it is more telling why something like that would appeal to people...why are people flocking to Militias and extremists groups to protect them from the fiery but mostly peaceful protestors?

The kid gloves need to come off and police have to start using a show of force when these protests devolve into rioting.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a lot like how that guy who ran over 50 elderly people and children in the Christmas parade is claiming self defense. By your logic he is right to. I just don't think it will ring true.
    Wow, what a hilariously bad false equivalence.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    You mean the video of Rittenhouse murdering two people and maiming a third? Yes, we're aware.
    So why the confusion over the assaults with deadly weapon?

I think it is more telling why something like that would appeal to people...why are people flocking to Militias and extremists groups to protect them from the fiery but mostly peaceful protestors?
    So you're just straight-up defending the KKK now. Like, holy fucking balls, you're not even trying to hide it. Between that and "they deserved to die" I think I understand everything I need to about you, now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause you don't understand the words you are using.

Please define assault
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You mean the guy using it as a shield while trying to subdue Rittenhouse? And the "fake Medic" that never touched Rittenhouse. Therefor never assaulted him?

Do you know what assaulted means or no? Going by your statements I'm leaning towards no.
    Ah yes shields often employed toward the back of a person's skull... I suppose technically that could be seen as a defensive move...

This is on video why try to spin it into something?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

The kid gloves need to come off and police have to start using a show of force when these protests devolve into rioting.
    Protests largely devolve into rioting when spurred to do so by police aggression to peaceful protesting. Also, wrong case guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only assaults with a deadly weapon were committed by Rittenhouse. There's no confusion on this end.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you applied this standard fairly, you've established Rittenhouse was the armed aggressor and should have, himself, expected deadly force to be leveled at him, which should have led to his conviction.

So not only is this standard you've invented out of nothing complete horseshit, you're also hypocritically picking and choosing who it applies to, on ideological grounds.
    Aggressor where? In this mysterious unprovable incident that no video above 8 enhanced pixels exists of?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes shields often employed toward the back of a person's skull... I suppose technically that could be seen as a defensive move...

You really think Kyle would be standing if he actually hit him in the head with the skateboard?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    So you're just straight-up defending the KKK now. Like, holy fucking balls, you're not even trying to hide it. Between that and "they deserved to die" I think I understand everything I need to about you, now.
    I don't think your reading what I write but rather trying to read into what I've written.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aggressor where? In this mysterious unprovable incident that no video above 8 enhanced pixels exists of?
    Rittenhouse himself admitted, on the stand, that he turned and threatened Rosenbaum with his weapon before Rosenbaum ever made any attempt to assault him. Like, this isn't contested; Rittenhouse freely and openly stated this on the stand.

That lethal threat by Rittenhouse was itself an assault, and by your argument, meant Rosenbaum could've killed Rittenhouse and been in the legal right, at that point.

Now, I don't agree, but that's your argument.

10+ Year Old Account

So I just watched it again to make sure. He never swung the skateboard in any way. He pressed it against Kyle while trying to take the rifle from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Rittenhouse himself admitted, on the stand, that he turned and threatened Rosenbaum with his weapon before Rosenbaum ever made any attempt to assault him. Like, this isn't contested; Rittenhouse freely and openly stated this on the stand.
    You should share that clip from the trial with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    You should share that clip from the trial with us.
    earth still flat mate?

https://apnews.com/article/ahmaud-ar...source=Twitter

some good news