Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Eventually people are gonna snap and they're gonna turn on the cops, and shit's gonna get real fuckin messy. This endless abuse isn't sustainable.
    Yeah, that's what I fear and think will actually happen, too...
    This is not gonna end well.
    This could very well be the downfall of the US :/

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    I feel it for cops too without taking any sides, imagine that's your job and how you have to earn your living by putting yourself in such crazy situations. Worse job ever.
    https://www.ajc.com/business/employm...gkt2zYCLfqfJJ/

Cops don't rank in the top 15 most dangerous professions in the US, the overwhelming majority of their jobs is doing routine work that's no crazy in any way, shape, or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And all I can do is laugh.
    Because you really aren't doing much...
    You okay with a cop spraying pepper spray in your kid's eyes for practicing their 1st amendment right? You okay with a system that turns a blind eye to it?

His eyebrows look like they're trying to fly off of his damn face.
    I don't think body shaming is appropriate in this, or any thread not specifically about it.

https://www.ajc.com/business/employm...gkt2zYCLfqfJJ/

Cops don't rank in the top 15 most dangerous professions in the US, the overwhelming majority of their jobs is doing routine work that's no crazy in any way, shape, or form.
    It is hilarious how often I hear people talk about how dangerous their job is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I don't think body shaming is appropriate in this, or any thread not specifically about it.
    Bro, just trim your brows.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    You okay with a cop spraying pepper spray in your kid's eyes for practicing their 1st amendment right? You okay with a system that turns a blind eye to it?
    You're okay with taking your child to a riot?
    WTG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Eventually people are gonna snap and they're gonna turn on the cops, and shit's gonna get real fuckin messy. This endless abuse isn't sustainable.
    Yeah, I don't see this getting better before it gets worse.

We aren't quite at 1960s levels. Yet. But consider who we had in office at the time, and compare to who is busy taking responsibility for nothing right now.

In the absence of leadership, the pigs fall back on their training - that is to beat, brutalise, and arrest. We are in an economically fragile situation with high unemployment on top of a mishandled pandemic killing thousands.

Like, I really don't think all these white people clutching pearls have yet understood exactly how restrained the demonstrations have been so far. The fact that the vast majority of them continue to be peaceful in the face of a brutal campaign of reprisal by law enforcement is something of a miracle.

At this rate, I'd say the only thing saving Trump from being dragged out of the White House by a mob is the promise that his Presidency has an expiration date. Like I thought America was too lazy to fight back but apparently not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

WTG!
    That's not a riot, that's a protest. And yes, brining your kids to peaceful protests can be a great way to help educate them about important issues and civic awareness. I went to many when I was younger and it helped shape my world view and ability to empathize.

Every protest is not a fucking riot. Every riot is not a protest. However cops treat them both the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a riot, that's a protest. And yes, brining your kids to peaceful protests can be a great way to help educate them about important issues and civic awareness. I went to many when I was younger and it helped shape my world view and ability to empathize.

Every protest is not a fucking riot. Every riot is not a protest. However cops treat them both the same.
    And in many cases, actively turn the former into the latter.

Which see have seen them doing repeatedly on video for the past week.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

WTG!
    So uh, quick question. Do you think when your kid grows up, they are no longer your kid?

Bro, just trim your brows.
    How the fuck were the teeth not the first thing mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    At this rate, I'd say the only thing saving Trump from being dragged out of the White House by a mob is the promise that his Presidency has an expiration date. Like I thought America was too lazy to fight back but apparently not.
    It's not. What is protecting him are multiple layers of security backed with deadly force, and the knowledge that removing him will change nothing in the immediate and will only embolden the kind of behavior we're seeing from police, to the cheers of Republican officials salivating at the opportunity to murder Americans for the crime of being liberal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if i nerd on this, but i have to from time to time:

When Caesar became dictator it was limited to 10 years. This somewhat pacified the senate, as they hoped that after 10 years they could push him into retirement. A few years later this limit was removed and he became dictator for life. In response to that Marcus Brutus, Decimus Brutus and Cassius had a little meeting...

Some things never change...

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    How the fuck were the teeth not the first thing mentioned.
    I was going to make a 'brushes his teeth with meth' comment, but it was too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Evielution93 View Post
    Man. Imagine if they could just, like...quit. Like, imagine if the training that the police force puts you through was probably more than sufficient to fill any number of jobs and they wouldn't need to do all this horrible stuff. Imagine if they had an option to just not act like this and they took it.
    Police training? Lol, good one.

So why is it that you want people to believe that cops are terrorists?
    At least that's how your posts are coming across.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to make a 'brushes his teeth with meth' comment, but it was too easy.
    more like he likes to eat poop.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    So why is it that you want people to believe that cops are terrorists?
    At least that's how your posts are coming across.
    If they didn't want to be seen as terrorists then...

Maybe...

They should stop acting like them?

"If I were a black person I'd simply ask to speak to systemic racism's manager."

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    more like he likes to eat poop.
    cause dem teeth look like shieeeet.

If they didn't want to be seen as terrorists then...

Maybe...

They should stop acting like them?
    Oh that's rich coming from someone that hates cops no matter what...