Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    What does your brain not compute above a schoolyard level? You've responded like this a lot in this thread, the "I disagree, let's say something I find amusing to show I think this person is beneath me so I don't need to reply"... I mean this kinda response is really the lowest form of intelligence and pure ego stroking while not providing anything in the discussion.

Are you not better than this? I guess not.

What bad evidence though? You're just spouting hot air here, you know that studies exist and that scientists are talking about it with some justified confidence and you've chosen to not believe it, that's all it boils down to. In that scenario no amount of evidence would be good enough for you, yet like the others in this thread rather than going out and investigating what I'm talking about, listening for yourself and coming to your own conclusion about it (to be able to discuss the subject matter) you're swatting it aside.

There is a strong case for vitamin D deficiency and coronavirus immune response based on studies and the opinions of experts. I'm not the person to convince you, yet you place that burden on me so that you don't have to consider it. It really boils down to "I don't want to hear it, have you heard about racism tho".

Yeah racism exists, it's not the root of every problem and prior to this latest BLM movement it wasn't even part of the Coronavirus discussion, pure fabrication of the moment.

Way to completely swipe aside something with far more significance than you're making it look though. And nowhere did anyone say that vitamin D saves people from being infected, see you've changed what I said now. We're not even on the same page anymore. I didn't claim anywhere that she personally produced a study, you're putting words in my mouth.

Go listen to her actually discuss the matter, rather than doing a 5min google investigation, because all you've done here is satisfy your desire to swat it aside.
    At this point, your refusal to recognize the most pertinent points makes it a waste of time to talk to you:

1. There is no study quantifying the vitamin d effect vs other effects.
    2. Most blacks in the US don't live in a cold climate so this issue doesn't apply.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    You came in here posting some scientific racist bullshit with no back up and even the person you cite doesnt say what you said she did.

What do you want me to do? Pretend that you're contributing something worthwhile?
    Scientific racist bullshit? I was talking about Rhonda Patrick, who was discussing studies taking place in Sweden with black folks who had immigrated and had vitamin D deficiencies because of less absorption through their skin from the lower sun levels, compared to natives. She also goes on then to speak about correlation between vitamin D levels and coronavirus.

Bigbazz - Says the word "black"

Josuke - You're a fucking racist!

Grow up, honestly. You're the kinda person who would say that "all lives matters" means you're a racist, because you're too focused on events in the USA to see the racism and brutality going on all around the world. The fact that in China anyone who isn't a Han Chinese is effectively discriminated against and how uighur muslims are being held up in re-education camps. What about the events taking place in Palestine? Hong Kong? Venezuela? What about the mexican and white folks that have been killed by police brutality?

Yeah you see what I mean? You're fucking narrow sighted and have this "you're either with us or against us" view to this discussion.... Calling me racist, what a fucking cunt you are.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    At this point, your refusal to recognize the most pertinent points makes it a waste of time to talk to you:

2. Most blacks in the US don't live in a cold climate so this issue doesn't apply.
    I didn't respond to anything you said because there was nothing to respond to, you'd justified your reason for swiping aside anything I said and refused to consider looking at the material or considering the opinions/discussions further, you've not addressed directly anything Rhonda said in her talks... You've gone in with the "unless you can absolutely without question prove it, I won't consider it"... You've set the bar high enough that you don't have consider the discussion, which was intentional.. So why should I bother to continue?

2. To this part, why is this relevant here? I didn't say that vitamin D deficiency was the primary cause, I didn't say anything that requires this sort of response, these are not mutually exclusive. The same argument at the same level can be made towards your points.

It's neither here nor there. You didn't want to take part in the discussion and made clear your opinion, so what is the point in continuing?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-06-09 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    In conflict not choosing a side is probably benefit one side more than the other. In this case complacency benefits racists.

But seriously why the fuck wouldn't you be anti racist?
    Well yes why wouldn't you be. However there are misinformed SJWarriors, drama queens and just pure idiots on Instagram and Facebook who are using this opportunity not because they want to help but because its the big topic of the moment. If you try to educate them and correct the claims, you are labelled as racist. I've been watching my feeds recently and some tasty wars have come out between few people.

You know the funny thing? They clearly want to show that "HEY LOOK I DONATED" yeh mate you gave zero shits about these issues since you were pushed out the womb but are now somehow spreading misinformation. Now don't get me wrong, at least they are doing something to keeping the movement alive, but not exactly going the right way about it.

Social media is cancer.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, why would other people stand in solidarity with those suffering and oppressed just because they're in another country? I mean, sure they're human beings deserving of value and a right to life, but they don't fly our flag so we don't care about them!

And surely there would be no issues with law enforcement in other countries that this might be a spark for igniting. Surely. Policing elsewhere is probably, most likely, perfect, and I'll do nothing to research this before making the claim.
    You can do that without throwing rocks at Swedish police that did nothing...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Micfeind View Post
    It's more to do with showing that on the international stage that countries populations will not stand for racism and police brutality.
    Lets not also forget that racism exists everywhere just none of it has had the spotlight shone on it more than in the United States.
    Yes, and by looting and hurting people in other countries they show what, solidarity or just that they are assholes? Police brutality in USA dont meen its ok to throw a brick on police in Sweden they arent even remotely connected

To be honest, doing that in other towns in america is the same thing, just not connected.
    Most people looting and fighting arent doing it because black lifes matters. They are burning down their own place and in a year from now same people will complain that noone want to start a factory there...
    Last edited by Bodonius; 2020-06-09 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Has this happened recently? Checked for the past week and nothing came up.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and by looting and hurting people in other countries they show what, solidarity or just that they are assholes? Police brutality in USA dont meen its ok to throw a brick on police in Sweden they arent even remotely connected

To be honest, doing that in other towns in america is the same thing, just not connected.
    Most people looting and fighting arent doing it because black lifes matters. They are burning down their own place and in a year from now same people will complain that noone want to start a factory there...
    Did I ever say it was ok? Im stating that the eye opening to racism is long overdue , the message is the same , you either hear it or you ignore it. We dont control the people that attack police or in you specific case.... Swedish police ( like nationality really matters when arguing equality) Violence is never the answer is exactly the message here.

Scientific racist bullshit? I was talking about Rhonda Patrick, who was discussing studies taking place in Sweden with black folks who had immigrated and had vitamin D deficiencies because of less absorption through their skin from the lower sun levels, compared to natives. She also goes on then to speak about correlation between vitamin D levels and coronavirus.

Bigbazz - Says the word "black"

Josuke - You're a fucking racist!

Grow up, honestly. You're the kinda person who would say that "all lives matters" means you're a racist, because you're too focused on events in the USA to see the racism and brutality going on all around the world. The fact that in China anyone who isn't a Han Chinese is effectively discriminated against and how uighur muslims are being held up in re-education camps. What about the events taking place in Palestine? Hong Kong? Venezuela? What about the mexican and white folks that have been killed by police brutality?

Yeah you see what I mean? You're fucking narrow sighted and have this "you're either with us or against us" view to this discussion.... Calling me racist, what a fucking cunt you are.

I didn't respond to anything you said because there was nothing to respond to, you'd justified your reason for swiping aside anything I said and refused to consider looking at the material or considering the opinions/discussions further, you've not addressed directly anything Rhonda said in her talks... You've gone in with the "unless you can absolutely without question prove it, I won't consider it"... You've set the bar high enough that you don't have consider the discussion, which was intentional.. So why should I bother to continue?

2. To this part, why is this relevant here? I didn't say that vitamin D deficiency was the primary cause, I didn't say anything that requires this sort of response, these are not mutually exclusive. The same argument at the same level can be made towards your points.

It's neither here nor there. You didn't want to take part in the discussion and made clear your opinion, so what is the point in continuing?
    If you don't understand why "They don't live in cold climates" is relevant to "This happens in cold climates", you are too far up your own ass to bother with.
    -ynnady

Has this happened recently? Checked for the past week and nothing came up.
    The only thing on the news was about people tried to remove bricks but that police stopped them. But you can guess if someone throw something and its not reported.

You know its true, telling its not dont make it less true.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you can guess
    So nothing? You've got nothing then?
    /s

If you don't understand why "They don't live in cold climates" is relevant to "This happens in cold climates", you are too far up your own ass to bother with.
    It doesn't matter because you're misrepresenting what I said, and at that point why should I fight a point of view that I wasn't making to begin with?

The only thing on the news was about people tried to remove bricks but that police stopped them. But you can guess if someone throw something and its not reported
    Got a link?

Why wouldn't it have been reported on if someone threw bricks at the police?

It doesn't matter because you're misrepresenting what I said, and at that point why should I fight a point of view that I wasn't making to begin with?
    Oh we are going to pretend that your point wasn't "Racism isnt the issue, this vitamin d effect in sweden is".
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Micfeind View Post
    Did I ever say it was ok? Im stating that the eye opening to racism is long overdue , the message is the same , you either hear it or you ignore it. We dont control the people that attack police or in you specific case.... Swedish police ( like nationality really matters when arguing equality) Violence is never the answer is exactly the message here.
    In most countries I think the eyes a wide open. The police more stay away from hurting minorities then anything else since they already knows it might cause them their job.

Oh we are going to pretend that your point wasn't "Racism isnt the issue, this vitamin d effect in sweden is".
    No we're not going to pretend, because that is so far from what I said.. If you're truly sitting there and saying that, can you look at yourself in the mirror and say "I'm an honest and good person".. I didn't say that at all, and if you read that from my posts I'm sorry but you're just stupid.

You're either stupid or you're a disingenuous, sly little snake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attended my second day of protests in London today, (on my way home now)... Very peaceful, very loud and also very quiet, met some lovely people too. Not as eventual which I am kind of thankful seeing I am not a very confrontational person unlike my girlfriend. Didn't see that many police although I was told they were plenty there.

Went past the Winston Churchill statue at Parliament Square, and from what I hear they may not target it outside of the defacing its already received. But there are other statues with higher priority. I was on twitter and saw some people marching against the taking down of Cecil Rhodes in Oxford, I wish I was there for that, people seem to think that protesters are just going to take down all the statues, which isn't the case, many will be left up, even some of the problematic ones like Churchill might still stand, but there are ones like Cecil Rhodes, Thomas Guy, Robert Milligan and Edward Colston deserve to be taken down, their negatives far out weight the positives in being left up. Some are just up right down to slavery related reasons.

Also they are just statues, see a few people getting upset and act like they are being wiped from history, they are not, you can still learn about them, you don;t need a statue for that. Plenty of places you can learn about all these people. Some of them shouldn't even have statues.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-06-09 at 05:34 PM.

Happened yesterday or day before, lootings, burning cars and fucking with the police.

Worst part imo was destroying everything inside a move truck a family had just prepared to move to their new appartment.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Sveriges_po...tm_name=iossmf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvMnrVHnDBA

https://imgur.com/co8o22f
    https://imbo.vgc.no/s/Gii7knU

As for the other plenty of videos on reddit etc where they fuck up some police vehicles and burn cars.

Some of those or probably most are just immigrant gangs taking advantage of this to make some chaos though to no ones surprise lol.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-06-09 at 05:45 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Got a link?

Why wouldn't it have been reported on if someone threw bricks at the police?
    Have you been to a protest? I guess not.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/va...ter-i-goteborg

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right. Churchill is way worse than bin Laden and responsible for FAR more deaths.

We don't tell history with statues. We enforce a culture with statues.

The defeat of the Nazis was FAR more due to Stalin than to Churchill. Do you have the same standard for Stalin? Should we erect statues and idolize him because he helped defeat the Nazis?

History is full of wonderful people who were on the right side of things. There is no need to glorify mass murderers to study history.

Ultimately, this comes down to one singular thing for you: The lives of the people Churchill killed simply are not of value to you. End of story. You should just be forthright and admit that some human beings are of such minimal value to you that millions of them dying is not a blip on your radar, rather than this wishy washy bullshit.

Where does the statue of Stalin go?

I don't know what this nonsense about a "moral lens" is. People knew mass murder was bad. People knew slavery was bad. People know marrying children was bad. All of the abhorrent practices of the past were recognized by forward thinking people as such. We should spend more time admiring THOSE people and less time making excuses for repulsive people.
    I mean comparing Stalin to Churchill (I understand, where do you draw the line) Yes British let millions of people in Bengal die because the war was more important, but there's a lot of debate about what actually happened.

Wiping peoples contributions from history and letting them be forgotten because of the state of the world in their times.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2020-06-09 at 05:41 PM.
    -K

The police more stay away from hurting minorities then anything else since they already knows it might cause them their job.
    Ah yes, they're stopped from abusing people of color because they may lose their jobs, not because it's fucking inhuman behavior.

That's totally a normal, reasonable view to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're literally defending a war criminal...
    There is no point to even a have a normal discussion with you two. War criminal, LOL. Would love to hear the thinking behind this.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2020-06-09 at 05:48 PM.
    -K