Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    That's not how words work.
    the comment was they were trying to poison the cops intentionally when according to the news anyone could have drunk the bleach laced shakes, sorry it went over your head.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You do not "unintentionally try" if you try to do something that means you intend to do the thing. You can't without intent have intent to do x thing that is a contradiction.
    sorry I tried to make a clever comment against the trying to intentionally poison just the cops by saying in an around about way they could have poisoned anyone, I made the mistake that some people in the audience can't do/comprehend clever I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    the comment was they were trying to poison the cops intentionally when according to the news anyone could have drunk the bleach laced shakes, sorry it went over your head.....

- - - Updated - - -

sorry I tried to make a clever comment against the trying to intentionally poison just the cops by saying in an around about way they could have poisoned anyone, I made the mistake that some people in the audience can't do/comprehend clever I apologize.
    So, you admit to simply being wrong, so you can be clever about being wrong?

That's a bold strategy, Cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you admit to simply being wrong, so you can be clever about being wrong?

That's a bold strategy, Cotton.
    No I apologized for trying to be clever, not wrong, but keep trying to put word's into people's mouth's like you always do.

No I apologized for trying to be clever, not wrong, but keep trying to put word's into people's mouth's like you always do.
    But, your attempt to be clever was by being wrong.

You were wrong, there really isn't any way to escape that, words have meanings.

But, your attempt to be clever was by being wrong.

You were wrong, there really isn't any way to escape that, words have meanings.
    was not wrong, just went over your head, sorry about that, for that I do apologize.

was not wrong, just went over your head, sorry about that, for that I do apologize.
    No, I got it. You decided to be clever, by being wrong.

We agree, you were wrong... we disagree on whether it was clever.

No, I got it. You decided to be clever, by being wrong.

We agree, you were wrong... we disagree on whether it was clever.
    I did cover that already - sorry I tried to make a clever comment against the trying to intentionally poison just the cops by saying in an around about way they could have poisoned anyone, I made the mistake that some people in the audience can't do/comprehend clever I apologize

- - - Updated - - -

The issue is not that cleverness can't be understood, it is that you failed at being clever.

If it went over the heads of literally everyone, but you, and you alone... the problem is you, not every one else.

ya they were just (unintentionally) trying to poison everyone, easy to see the misunderstanding...
    Working under the assumption by the DEA that this was some sort of attack you then say in essence, it was a general attack by saying this.

You failed and were wrong.

I did cover that already - sorry I tried to make a clever comment against the trying to intentionally poison just the cops by saying in an around about way they could have poisoned anyone, I made the mistake that some people in the audience can't do/comprehend clever I apologize
    Like I said, it wasn't clever, in my opinion. But, it was factually wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The issue is not that cleverness can't be understood, it is that you failed at being clever.

If it went over the heads of literally everyone, but you, and you alone... the problem is you, not every one else.

Working under the assumption by the DEA that this was some sort of attack you then say in essence, it was a general attack by saying this.

You failed and were wrong.
    again sorry I tried to make a clever comment against the trying to intentionally poison just the cops by saying in an around about way they could have poisoned anyone, I made the mistake that some people in the audience can't do/comprehend clever I apologize

if you're bored you can go tell all these people on reddit they are wrong too "unintentionally trying" site:www.reddit.com

*seems other people thinks it's clever or has a use.
    ***no I said in essence it was a accidental general attack (why I had the unintentionally in there) if I were to had said it was just a general attack I would have left out the (unintentionally) part and just said they were trying to poison the general public.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, it wasn't clever, in my opinion. But, it was factually wrong.
    To be fair I don't value your opinion at all, and as I linked above seems others like to use it (a lot it seems).
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2020-06-17 at 03:49 AM.

again sorry I tried to make a clever comment against the trying to intentionally poison just the cops by saying in an around about way they could have poisoned anyone, I made the mistake that some people in the audience can't do/comprehend clever I apologize

if you're bored you can go tell all these people on reddit they are wrong too "unintentionally trying" site:www.reddit.com

*seems other people thinks it's clever or has a use.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair I don't value your opinion at all, and as I linked above seems others like to use it (a lot it seems).
    "I'm sorry you're not clever."

I love watching fake apologies from people who are objectively wrong.

Also, your link is broken.

"I'm sorry you're not clever."

I love watching fake apologies from people who are objectively wrong.

Also, your link is broken.
    Thinks should be fixed now, you can go tell all those other people it's wrong too, should keep you busy.

Thinks should be fixed now, you can go tell all those other people it's wrong too, should keep you busy.
    It is objectively wrong, words have definitions.

You thought it was clever, but others disagreed.

None of that changes the fact you were wrong in your assertion.

You linked to Google...
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-06-17 at 03:56 AM.

It is objectively wrong, words have definitions.

You thought it was clever, but others disagreed.

None of that changes the fact you were wrong in your assertion.
    And pages and pages and pages of people that seem to use it, Hmmmm or two people here that give me little reason to value their opinion... so stick to your guns and tell each and everyone how wrong they are, your sure seem to want to drill how wrong you think I am in using it, so have at it.

And pages and pages and pages of people that seem to use it, Hmmmm or two people here that give me little reason to value their opinion... so stick to your guns and tell each and everyone how wrong they are, your sure seem to want to drill how wrong you think I am in using it, so have at it.
    So, lots of other people are also wrong... got it.

Maybe you just weren't clever enough to actually be correct.

So, lots of other people are also wrong... got it.
    So go enlighten them too... you should not play favorites.

So go enlighten them too... you should not play favorites.
    If they come here and do it, I will. It's odd that you want me to tell that to the folks at Google.

If they come here and do it, I will. It's odd that you want me to tell that to the folks at Google.
    well it was mostly people on reddit, I just wanted to point out seems it's not that uncommon just you two never seemed to have heard the phrase. (also some books on amazon came up using it)

but not odd at all if you think it was not a clever use of the word like I did and also all those other people, maybe you should try and enlighten them too, till then I'll take their opinion that's it's usable (I don't know them so I have no reason to not value their opinion yet, so between them and you they win)

well it was mostly people on reddit, I just wanted to point out seems it's not that uncommon just you two never seemed to have heard the phrase. (also some books on amazon came up using it)

but not odd at all if you think it was not a clever use of the word like I did and also all those other people, maybe you should try and enlighten them too, till then I'll take their opinion that's it's usable (I don't know them so I have no reason to not value their opinion yet, so between them and you they win)
    Well, I don't tend to go on Reddit, so since you love it there, you tell them they are objectively wrong.

Good luck!!!

Well, I don't tend to go on Reddit, so since you love it there, you tell them they are objectively wrong.

Good luck!!!
    Why would I do that, I think they are "cleverly" correct in using it.