Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Every organization should have avenues to address misconduct. I work in a medical environment. We are required to report misconduct.
    Really?
    And you're speaking from experience?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    What are they supposed to do? Do their jobs (which I will remind everyone here are far more diverse (depending on the size of department) than just patrolling the city) or go outside and... do what, exactly? Protest? Accuse collegues? On what basis? What, exactly?
    Quit the force.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Quit the force.
    Which... does what? Removes even the "neutral" cops? Genius! xD
    Also paychecks are not important, I suppose. Who needs to pay bills?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    It shows you're not part of the system.
    Its either that or be included in the same group as the rest of the cops, you can't be part of a group and claim you're not be a part of the problem with that group.

You might not have a problem with the US police force, but many do.

What are they supposed to do? Do their jobs (which I will remind everyone here are far more diverse (depending on the size of department) than just patrolling the city) or go outside and... do what, exactly? Protest? Accuse collegues? On what basis? What, exactly?
    They're supposed to report any wrong doing? What are you confused about?

It implies that all silent cops know about things done by "bad cops". Which I already talked about - do you know everything your collegues do? Do you have a reason to go out of your way to dig up dirt on them? Probably not.
    Some of them do, of course. But all? It again starts the same problem.
    That's not "silent".

A "silent" cop knows that his colleagues are up to nasty business and does nothing to prevent it. Because it's easier to just go along with it.

Now, you show me a cop that has stood up to the system and reported his colleagues for their bad behaviour...I'll pin the medal on his chest myself. And then I'll watch as he is quickly drummed out of the department and forever marked as a "rat".

https://portcitydaily.com/local-news...ait-free-read/

FOUND A GOOD COP!

Sgt. Heflin, whoever she is. Found footage during a routine audit that showed multiple officers engaging in racist, violent rhetoric against suspects and a sitting judge, discussing their eagerness for an upcoming civil war so they can slaughter black people.

She reported it. Thankfully those officers are now all fired. I hope she remains safe and those white supremacist fucks don't go after her.

The fact that people like this exist in police forces even in smaller cities like Wilminton with 100K residents is god-damned terrifying. Given that we already have multiple federal reports about white supremacists infiltrating police forces, it's yet another reason for a full top-to-bottom review of them all to get these ticking time bombs outta there.

I'm glad that we found a good cop and her actions led to the firing of 3 white supremacist fucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

FOUND A GOOD COP!

Sgt. Heflin, whoever she is. Found footage during a routine audit that showed multiple officers engaging in racist, violent rhetoric against suspects and a sitting judge, discussing their eagerness for an upcoming civil war so they can slaughter black people.

She reported it. Thankfully those officers are now all fired. I hope she remains safe and those white supremacist fucks don't go after her.

The fact that people like this exist in police forces even in smaller cities like Wilminton with 100K residents is god-damned terrifying. Given that we already have multiple federal reports about white supremacists infiltrating police forces, it's yet another reason for a full top-to-bottom review of them all to get these ticking time bombs outta there.

I'm glad that we found a good cop and her actions led to the firing of 3 white supremacist fucks.
    Jesus Christ! That is some NASTY shit right there. Obviously firing the three is good, but that isn't nearly enough. They caught three people doing this, there is no way in hell they are the only three that feel this way. They are talking way too brazenly for this to be a fringe opinion. Wilmington needs to clean house, and now. This is insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Wilmington needs to clean house, and now. This is insanity.
    Agreed, and this is just what is being unintentionally caught on video. I'm unsure if their discussions violated any actual laws, but I would have precisely zero problems charging them with threats/hate crimes given the absolutely batshit insane nature of their vile rhetoric.

Talk about a black judge needing a bullet to the head? What the ever living fuck?

FOUND A GOOD COP!

I'll second the notion that I hope she stays safe and that her career is secure as well.

At least one of those officers was on the force for over 20 years though... kinda makes you wonder how many other conversations like these there may be. I find it hard to believe that the racism in that department is confined to those 3 officers.

And their firing, while certainly necessary, only keeps them from being police officers in that city...maybe the state...if the reccommendation that these three should not be allowed to practice law enforcement is followed through on. But there is nothing stopping them from being cops elsewhere.

P.S. At least @Kokolums will be happy to hear that other people are talking about that civil war he's so keen on.

- - - Updated - - -

Talk about a black judge needing a bullet to the head? What the ever living fuck?
    Not just a judge... but other cops too.

So much for the "Thin Blue Line"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Wilmington needs to clean house, and now. This is insanity.
    The cleaning is more than a century overdue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilmin...ection_of_1898

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hear about or witness a colleague acting unethically in any way, even if you just suspect it, you report it to your superiors. Your superiors will then aggressively pursue that complaint, and if they cannot exonerate the other officer, that officer will be fired summarily and, if warranted, criminal charges filed.

Minor complaints, like a hostile manner towards a citizen, might warrant training and administrative punishment, but anything like a use of force complaint should be summary grounds for dismissal, first offence, unless you can exonerate yourself.

If your superiors do not do this, then you should probably quit. Because the entire department is complicit in covering up the crimes and abuses of their officers. You should also go to the press, and likely to the city council/mayor's office as well.

I'll make an allowance for not doing so if the police force is so corrupt that they'll straight-up kill you for ratting. But if things are that bad, jesus christ, this should be goddamn clear.

Otherwise, duty to fucking report. That means if your employers won't take care of the issue, you have a duty to take it to the public. Failure to do so is a breach of ethics, itself, and would justify firing you all by itself.

These are standard professional rules of conduct. Why the hell shouldn't police officers be held to these kinds of standards?

If it's that bad, the only solution is going to be firing every cop and rebuilding the entire training program from the ground up, with a highly critical eye to anyone wanting to carry over into the new paradigm. Maybe we'd need to stagger this a bit, by breaking down municipal forces over this decade, with plans to review state forces the next, so that there's overlap where each force can cover for the other. But you can't train abusive racists to not be abusive racists. You just teach them to be smarter about hiding it.

Hell, see Chauvin. He apparently had training in how to recognize and avoid positional asphyxiation, confirmed by the police chief today. For Chauvin, that was essentially a course on how to deliberately kill someone and maybe get away with it by claiming it was an accident; just do exactly what they tell you not to do in the course. There's no training you can give someone like that which could ever "fix" them. You need to fire them with cause, deny them any pension, and try to hire officers who aren't vicious abusers next time. And fix the entire police culture which protects and trains these officers to be abusers.

"I worked at Dachau, feeding Jews into the ovens. It was a paycheck, what was I supposed to do?"

Same absolutely fucking terrible argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you hear about ............................

If it's that bad, the only solution is going to be firing every cop and rebuilding the entire training program from the ground up, with a highly critical eye to anyone wanting to carry over into the new paradigm. Maybe we'd need to stagger this a bit, by breaking down municipal forces over this decade, with plans to review state forces the next, so that there's overlap where each force can cover for the other. But you can't train abusive racists to not be abusive racists. You just teach them to be smarter about hiding it.

"I worked at Dachau, feeding Jews into the ovens. It was a paycheck, what was I supposed to do?"

Same absolutely fucking terrible argument.
    But what if you don't hear/see/whatever? Going to say that it is impossible? Also, do you always act on rumours?

No, you cannot fire every cop. You LITERALLY cannot. Fire that million and you will not be able to replace them, there simply won't be enough people to apply for replacements, not to mention the training time. This is not a threat, it is a reality check. Staggering it "a bit" already sounds better, but I wonder the specifics behind that "a bit".

Let's again use the most extreme examples by comparing the cops to Nazi's. And actually, paychecks are important. Especially in the States, for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They're supposed to report any wrong doing? What are you confused about?
    Reading issues, Themius? I clearly spoke about cops who havent seen wrongdoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That's not "silent".

A "silent" cop knows that his colleagues are up to nasty business and does nothing to prevent it. Because it's easier to just go along with it.

Now, you show me a cop that has stood up to the system and reported his colleagues for their bad behaviour...I'll pin the medal on his chest myself. And then I'll watch as he is quickly drummed out of the department and forever marked as a "rat".
    So what are cops who just dont know about wrongdoing? Unless you all gonna tell me that everyone in the million strong force actually knows?
    Take that haters.

So what are cops who just dont know about wrongdoing? Unless you all gonna tell me that everyone in the million strong force actually knows?
    Unobservant. Not the greatest quality for someone in law enforcement either.

Unobservant. Not the greatest quality for someone in law enforcement either.
    How easy to paint with a wide brush... So everyone in the force is guilty of something? Again the extremes...
    Take that haters.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    How easy to paint with a wide brush... So everyone in the force is guilty of something? Again the extremes...
    your mistake was thinking they don't just want to hate on the police.

If they can't see how broken the system is...that's on them.

10+ Year Old Account

They must be living under one hell of a rock to miss that.

If they can't see how broken the system is...that's on them.
    So basically blaming everyone in the force. An extremist viewpoint .

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    They must be living under one hell of a rock to miss that.
    Your fantasy land does not exist where people know about everyone else, always.
    Take that haters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Really?
    And you're speaking from experience?
    Fucking yes. Again. If there’s no path for a person to address misconduct, there is serious systematic flaws in the system.

Sorry I had to give you a reality check.