Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Cops letting things get to that point and not wearing body cameras is also pretty dumb. And they're the ones that are like, paid to not shoot unarmed people, ostensibly.
    You do know that it seems he was tazed just before the shooting ? There is exception, but a direct shot from a Tazer will send anybody to the ground. The only ones that most of the time "resist" the Tazer are people high on drug. We do not know yet how it did escalate to that point, but we do know that he did not listen to the police officer. And sorry but it is a dumb move in a country known for its violent police force.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You do know that it seems he was tazed just before the shooting ? There is exception, but a direct shot from a Tazer will send anybody to the ground. The only ones that most of the time "resist" the Tazer are people high on drug. We do not know yet how it did escalate to that point, but we do know that he did not listen to the police officer. And sorry but it is a dumb move in a country known for its violent police force.
    Being dumb doesn't warrant a death sentence...

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    Being dumb doesn't warrant a death sentence though...
    Darwin award winners would likely agree with you.

Being dumb doesn't warrant a death sentence...
    I do agree.

But in the US, everybody can be armed and even a dumb person can kill someone with a gun.

You do know that it seems he was tazed just before the shooting?
    Yes.

There is exception, but a direct shot from a Tazer will send anybody to the ground.
    It can, but doesn't always. Sometimes the taser hooks don't make full contact with the skin and it isn't effective. I don't see what any of this has to do with a cop shooting him in the back at close range.

The only ones that most of the time "resist" the Tazer are people high on drug.
    Abso-fucking-lutely wrong.

https://www.blackenterprise.com/form...d-using-taser/

Pregnant woman, tasered multiple times and still struggled. No drugs. Either way, if he had drugs in his system that's wholly irrelevant to an officer shooting him in the back at close range multiple times.

We do not know yet how it did escalate to that point, but we do know that he did not listen to the police officer.
    Again, failing to listen to an officer is not grounds to be murdered. Officers failing to de-escalate situations, and instead escalating non-violent situations into violent ones, is depressingly common. That, again, is a failure on the officers part, nobody else.

And sorry but it is a dumb move in a country known for its violent police force.
    You keep saying that you're not defending the cops, yet at every turn you defend them while openly admitting that they're functionally murderers with a badge in this instances and that people should comply with an officers every order, legal or not, to prevent the cops from murdering them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Darwin award winners would likely agree with you.
    Peeing on a hornets nest on top of a transformer is very different from a cop shooting you in the back 7 times at near point blank range while you are unarmed.

And yet if a cop has a gun drawn and you refuse to make like a statue, then you haven't been paying any attention to the past few months...at all, and too stupid to live and are likely doing a "suicide by cop" deal.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-24 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

And yet if a cop has a gun drawn and you refuse to make like a statue, then you haven't been paying any attention to the past few months...at all, and too stupid to live and are likely doing a "suicide by cop" deal.
    So...because officers have shown themselves to be terrified and trigger happy, inclined to shoot a black person in their home for the crime of being asleep, we should instantly give up any and all rights and just do whatever the fuck cops say because they have their guns out?

This isn't suicide by cop. This is murder.

Yes.

It can, but doesn't always. Sometimes the taser hooks don't make full contact with the skin and it isn't effective. I don't see what any of this has to do with a cop shooting him in the back at close range.

Abso-fucking-lutely wrong.

https://www.blackenterprise.com/form...d-using-taser/

Pregnant woman, tasered multiple times and still struggled. No drugs. Either way, if he had drugs in his system that's wholly irrelevant to an officer shooting him in the back at close range multiple times.

Again, failing to listen to an officer is not grounds to be murdered. Officers failing to de-escalate situations, and instead escalating non-violent situations into violent ones, is depressingly common. That, again, is a failure on the officers part, nobody else.

You keep saying that you're not defending the cops, yet at every turn you defend them while openly admitting that they're functionally murderers with a badge in this instances and that people should comply with an officers every order, legal or not, to prevent the cops from murdering them.

- - - Updated - - -

Peeing on a hornets nest on top of a transformer is very different from a cop shooting you in the back 7 times at near point blank range while you are unarmed.
    You are so biaised it hurts.

You forgot to quote when I say "there is exception". And I said: MOST OF THE TIME.

Also, I think he was not pregnant. Plus, how the police officer can know if he is high on drug or not since he resisted the tazer ?

Sure, rushing to your car while being pointed by guns and reaching for the inside of your car is a smart move.

And yes, people should comply to the cops and sort it out at the police station, especially in a country with a violent police force.

If a criminal has a gun pointed at you and you disobey do we also call that "suicide"?

If a criminal has a gun pointed at you and you disobey do we also call that "suicide"?
    I'm not stupid enough to argue with someone pointing a gun at me.

So...because officers have shown themselves to be terrified and trigger happy, inclined to shoot a black person in their home for the crime of being asleep, we should instantly give up any and all rights and just do whatever the fuck cops say because they have their guns out?

This isn't suicide by cop. This is murder.
    He would need to be dead for it to be murder, its attempted murder.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Of course she deserved it, did you see what she was wearing = your argument
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    He would need to be dead for it to be murder, its attempted murder.
    Right, thankfully he's not dead. Thanks for correcting me, this was attempted murder, not attempted suicide by cop.

If someone did, would it be called "suicide" or murder?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol! Good answer.

- - - Updated - - -

If someone did, would it be called "suicide" or murder?
    Depends on why they are pointing a gun at you. Someone threatens me with another deadly weapon ( does not have to be a gun ), then it would be self defense if I shot them.

If they are trying to rob someone while pointing a gun at them, then shoot them and the victim dies? That would be murder.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

What's with so many people practically jumping for joy whenever a cop kills someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol! Good answer.
    Lol! Tamir Rice didn't comply in the one second the officer gave him to drop his toy gun as they rolled up to him. Dumb kid should have known better!

Or, there remain massive underlying problems in the use of force by law enforcement in the US, specifically with people of color, and we continue to see a failure of law enforcement to de-escalate situations which leads to repeated unnecessary deaths/murders of people, especially people of color, with little to no consequence for the officers involved nor their coworkers who often stand by them and/or actively participate in attempts to cover up information about the shooting.

There's a reason that this kinda shit isn't happening on the regular in any other developed nation. This is a national embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol! Good answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on why they are pointing a gun at you. Someone threatens me with another deadly weapon ( does not have to be a gun ), then it would be self defense if I shot them.

If they are trying to rob someone while pointing a gun at them, then shoot them and the victim dies? That would be murder.
    Okay so in this case was the guy pointing a deadly weapon at the cops? Therefore its murder and not suicide, correct?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    What's with so many people practically jumping for joy whenever a cop kills someone?
    Like who? I have not seen any posts by anyone doing that.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I mean, I'm sure that Jacob Blake, if he survives, will never stop to try to help out white folk ever again. He'll never try to be a good Samaritan or member of his community because the last time he tried he ended up shot half a dozen times in the back by a cop in front of his kids. Who will probably grow up to be fearful and mistrustful of law enforcement for the rest of their lives.

What a great message this is sending to people of color: If you try to help white folk who are fighting, you'll end up tazed and shot in the back by cops.