Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I am not their attorney nor willing to be. Just less biaised than most ppl here as I try to stick to the facts without putting feelings in it. And I know most ppl do not like that.

So what is the sentence for false testimony in the USA ?
    Except you know, missing all of the facts about the case where they started saying that there was no announcement at first.

Depends on the state and how many times you lie, or what you lied about. Sometimes you don't get arrested, sometimes you can get slapped with Obstruction of Justice charges or filing a false police report.

Also, not surprising you are doing everything you can to still defend killer cops.

Zero in a country of systemic racism, when you lie in favor of a cop.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Except you know, missing all of the facts about the case where they started saying that there was no announcement at first.

Depends on the state and how many times you lie, or what you lied about. Sometimes you don't get arrested, sometimes you can get slapped with Obstruction of Justice charges or filing a false police report.

Also, not surprising you are doing everything you can to still defend killer cops.
    But he did changed his testimony, right ? People can do that, you know ?

So no, I did not miiss any fact.

But he did changed his testimony, right ? People can do that, you know ?

So no, I did not miiss any fact.
    The witness was also the only one allowed to testify at the Grand Jury proceedings. Which is bullshit. Also, the guy that did testify, said something ENTIRELY different than what the cops claimed they did with their statements to investigators.

So, sounds like both the cops and the witness is lying. So yes, you are still missing facts.

The witness was also the only one allowed to testify at the Grand Jury proceedings. Which is bullshit. Also, the guy that did testify, said something ENTIRELY different than what the cops claimed they did with their statements to investigators.

So, sounds like both the cops and the witness is lying. So yes, you are still missing facts.
    I know about that, and it sounds fishy BUT is it within the law for that only witness to testify ? Seems so I guess, so unfortunately, nothing to be done about it.

I know about that, and it sounds fishy BUT is it within the law for that only witness to testify ? Seems so I guess, so unfortunately, nothing to be done about it.
    If you have a shitty AG for the state that is heading the most ignorant and closed investigation and Grand Jury in the world. Hell, the Jury wasn't even allowed to even charge them with murder, in spite of all of the evidence that she was murdered by the cops.

If you have a shitty AG for the state that is heading the most ignorant and closed investigation and Grand Jury in the world. Hell, the Jury wasn't even allowed to even charge them with murder, in spite of all of the evidence that she was murdered by the cops.
    Murder is all about intent to kill, which is not the case despite all the fanfic going on in your head.

Murder is all about intent to kill, which is not the case despite all the fanfic going on in your head.
    Which is why there is degrees of murder. And when they let Breonna Taylor bleed out for 20+ minutes when they could have called the ambulance, then yes, there is intent to kill there.

Which is why there is degrees of murder. And when they let Breonna Taylor bleed out for 20+ minutes when they could have called the ambulance, then yes, there is intent to kill there.
    Did they know they hit someone ? The boyfriend just shot back and did not call for help afterwards or did he do it ? If he did, and they did not call an ambulance, they are at fault. Did they ask him to surrender in the 20+ min following the shooting ? If no, they are at fault. But it is still not murder. A piss poor done job for sure, but not murder.

Did they know they hit someone ? The boyfriend just shot back and did not call for help afterwards or did he do it ? If he did, and they did not call an ambulance, they are at fault. Did they ask him to surrender in the 20+ min following the shooting ? If no, they are at fault. But it is still not murder. A piss poor done job for sure, but not murder.
    We'll never know since they conveniently have no body cam footage. Also, if you are carrying a gun and use it you intent is to kill. That is what guns were designed to do. That is why people have them. Yeah to protect themselves by killing others.

Not necessarily, it depends on the statute and case law for the jurisdiction.

Many jurisdictions have 'constructive homicide' or 'intent follows the bullet' cases. Negligent homicide (as a separate cause of action then manslaughter) is also defined by a lack of malice but an abundance of recklessness.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Proof that it is against their training ? When someone is shooting at you from the dark, the best thing you can do is retreat and take cover (which they did) while providing covering fire so your enemy aim is disturbed (which they did).

And so no, he was charged because the bullets went through the wall into the other appartment. If the bullets did not go rhrough it or if he would shoot toward the floor, he would not have been charged
    So why did they file charges for the shots fired into a white neighbors apartment but not the shots fired into a black neighbors apartment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you admit the cops were firing blindly with no sight at their target. Sounds like murder.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not their attorney nor willing to be. Just less biaised than most ppl here as I try to stick to the facts without putting feelings in it. And I know most ppl do not like that.

Bullshit. Your lust for authority figures clouds your judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    So why did they file charges for the shots fired into a white neighbors apartment but not the shots fired into a black neighbors apartment?
    Because the other apartment was not involved in the shooting while the first was. Skin color does not matter here.

Because the other apartment was not involved in the shooting while the first was. Skin color does not matter here.
    Arguing from an uninformed position is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I swear this circle of bullshit with Specialka has happened at least twice before this occasion. They were full of the exact same nonsense each time.
    Well, they're a racist troll who says they're not even from the US so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    So what form of protest would get you to agree that the state hunting black people for sport is wrong?
    I don't really get how screaming racist racist is allowed here but I'm not going to respond to mindless slander.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if you can't understand why they charged him for blindly firing into the next appartment. The skin color has nothing to do with it.
    It does when they charged him with blind firing into the neighbouring apartments of white neighbours, but not for the stray bullets that were shot into the apartments of black neighbours.

That's how they determined which charges to apply. The race of those he put at risk. The same act was deemed a criminally negligent act if he risked harming a white person, but not a crime at all if he risked harming a black person. That's just naked racism.

As for Breonna Taylor, sad to say, but she was a collateral damage.
    "Collateral damage" isn't a concept that exists, in policing. At all. At any level. Even in military action, it isn't a concept that just sees blanket acceptance; it's highly controversial. But in policing? Doesn't exist. It's just a crime, committed by police officers.

Proof that it is against their training ? When someone is shooting at you from the dark, the best thing you can do is retreat and take cover (which they did) while providing covering fire so your enemy aim is disturbed (which they did).
    Blind firing in an apartment complex puts everyone in surrounding apartments at risk.

Which is why that officer's being charged for doing so. It is not standard practice, at all. It's gross negligence with a willful disregard for human life.

And so no, he was charged because the bullets went through the wall into the other appartment. If the bullets did not go rhrough it or if he would shoot toward the floor, he would not have been charged
    Apparently you're unaware that, in an apartment building, there are apartments both above and below you, not just around you.

I was mostly speaking about the two other cops by the front door for the covering fire.

As for blind firing, it is a gray area in cop or military training. It is not forbidden or anything, but not recommended as well.
    It's not a "gray area" at all.

As for the cops not announcing themselves, it seems that the testimonies differs if I recall correctly.
    One witness out of 12, who originally had the same story as the other 11.

You're not being "less biased". A lack of bias would mean you look at 12 witness accounts, see that all originally stated that the officers did not announce, but that one changed his testimony, but the other 11 remained firm. And you'd assume that the one witness was either mistaken or dishonest. That's how a reasonable approach works, through application of Occam's Razor.

Plucking that one witness' adjusted testimony and basing your entire conclusion on that one account's veracity, that is bias.

Are you arguing that the officers did not know that if they shoot someone, it might kill that person? That shooting someone is a use of lethal force?

Or are you arguing that they accidentally discharged their weapons, multiple times?

Because if they pulled the trigger on purpose, that's the legal definition of "intent". And the weapon they pulled the trigger on was one which provides lethal force; that makes it "intent to kill". It may "only" be 2nd degree murder, done in the heat of the moment and without a predetermined plan or intent before they arrived, but shooting a gun at someone is a clear expression of "intent to kill". Where the fuck are you getting your legal understanding of this kind of shit?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I don't really get how screaming racist racist is allowed here but I'm not going to respond to mindless slander.
    You are a racist though. It’s pretty obvious. Stop being a snowflake and admit to it, racist.

I mean, you believe lies as long as it’s black people. You look for reasons for black people’s murders to be justified, and you irrationally hate BLM because you’re a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    It’s allowed for the same reason “mindless slander” slander is allowed...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi