https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-of-andre-hill

Some good news. The cop that murdered Andre Hill has been indicted on murder charges. For once.

LOL the entitlement. It reminds me of Affluenza kid, gets the lightest sentence he could then tries to flee for no reason and gets actual jail time because of it.

I didn't think Rittenhouse was going to get time, but now I think he might.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Totally what innocent people do. Fuck him, and fuck the people who support this waste of flesh.
    Oh, I am now using it to excuse any crime... it’s kinda like my new “thanks Obama”... but, officer, I was speeding in self defense... Soros is out to get me...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    LOL the entitlement. It reminds me of Affluenza kid, gets the lightest sentence he could then tries to flee for no reason and gets actual jail time because of it.

I didn't think Rittenhouse was going to get time, but now I think he might.
    They used affluenza as a defense for killing someone... imagine claiming being so rich, that you are a victim.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ldqpgc#4ldqpgc

And fuck this grand jury. The cops who almost murdered Martin Gugino and caused brain damage appear to be getting off scott free despite video evidence of their blatant, unprovoked assault that left him bleeding from his skull as they walked by him and didn't even stop to render aide.

I guess people in Buffalo NY are just pretty cool with police brutality and all. Fuck these cops, and fuck every one of them, too.

10+ Year Old Account

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

torturing a 9 year old should be a capital offense really.

its amazing that anyone can defend it. If that officer cant make a good choice in dealing with a 9 year old, imagine what the will do in an actual stressful situation. bet the cop ends up shooting a black guy in a routine traffic stop.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    torturing a 9 year old should be a capital offense really.

its amazing that anyone can defend it. If that officer cant make a good choice in dealing with a 9 year old, imagine what the will do in an actual stressful situation. bet the cop ends up shooting a black guy in a routine traffic stop.
    Ha! The cop would be put on paid vacation while the "investigation" was being conducted and after the tireless "investigation" was finished and the cop is found to be at no fault. The cop would probably receive a promotion for a job well done.

15+ Year Old Account
    So what are the excuses from the crowd?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So what are the excuses from the crowd?
    they are busy beating police to death with blue lives matter flags and gouging other cops eyes out.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/lapd-inves...ry?id=75894163

The entirety of policing has a disgusting culture:

The LAPD is investigating a Valentine's Day image of George Floyd that was passed around with the phrase 'You take my breath away'
    An internal investigation is underway after an offensive image of George Floyd with the phrase "You take my breath away" was reported to be circulated between officers at the Los Angeles Police Department, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The Los Angeles Times reported that the photo was in a Valentine's Day fashion. According to the report, Chief Michel Moore said that the officer who issued a complaint about the alleged photo would be interviewed on Monday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/lapd-inves...ry?id=75894163

The entirety of policing has a disgusting culture:
    These pictures were everywhere and have nothing to do with police. Just an internet joke. Square heads unable to take a joke are a real problem of police, though
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-02-21 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Trolling

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/02/22/u...mpression=true

The Aurora, Colorado, police officers involved in the fatal confrontation with Elijah McClain in August 2019 did not have a legal basis to stop him, frisk him or physically restrain him, according to an independent investigative report released Monday.

The report also questions the officers' statements about McClain's "superior strength," criticizes emergency medical responders' rash decision to inject him with ketamine and admonishes the police department for failing to seriously question the officers afterward.

"At the time of the (ketamine) injection, Mr. McClain had not moved or made any sounds for about one minute," the report states. "In addition, EMS administered a ketamine dosage based on a grossly inaccurate and inflated estimate of Mr. McClain's size."

On the whole, the 157-page report provides a critical view of Aurora's police and fire rescue teams for their roles in McClain's death. The 23-year-old Black man died three days after he was put in a carotid hold by police and injected with ketamine.
    Aurora cops and EMS literally killed Elijia McClain for no reason other than they're racist and incompetent. To make it more clear -

At one point, one officer tells another, "He just grabbed your gun, dude." One officer tells McClain that he will "bring my dog out and he's going to bite you" if McClain keeps "messing around." Video shows an officer wrestle McClain to the ground.
    Fire. And. Prosecute. Every. One. Of. These. Cops. And the EMS dudes too if it's found that they were criminally negligent, which it sure appears that they may have been.

New video from a shooting in September:

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/new...-san-clemente/

The incident began when the deputies observed Reinhold near the corner of El Camino Real and Avenida San Gabriel as they sat in their patrol car across the street.

“Watch this, he’s going to jaywalk,” one of them can be heard saying on the dashcam footage.

The deputies then debate whether he’s jaywalking, with one telling the other, “Don’t make case law.”
    So at this point, the cops are having a debate over whether or not this is worth stopping the man for. The "Jaywalking" in question is the man using the crosswalk when there is no traffic...but I guess the lights had not changed to signal that it was now time to cross the street. One of the deputies can be head saying "It's controlled".

An argument ensues. Reinhold says he doesn’t understand why he’s being stopped and repeatedly asks the deputies to stop touching him.

One deputy tells him he’s resisting arrest for jaywalking. “That’s ridiculous,” Reinhold says.
    It should be noted that he was not under arrest at this time so the idea that hw was "resisting arrest" is, as Reinhold said, ridiculous.

Bystander cellphone video captured the group continuing to argue as Reinhold tries to walk away from the deputies.

One deputy begins shoving Reinhold, and both deputies soon tackle him to the ground. Sgt. Dennis Breckner says in the video release the deputies were trying to “gain control of him.”
    The officers initiate physical contact. Over jaywalking that one of the officers already stated was not worth stopping the man over.

The motel security video — which was previously obtained by KTLA — captured the struggle that ensues, during which one deputy is heard in the video saying, “He’s got my gun,” according to the Sheriff’s Department.

The other deputy opens fire moments later. Two shots heard, one about seven seconds after the other.

Sheriff’s investigators had previously released a still from the footage that appears to show Reinhold’s hand near or on a deputy’s holster while he and the deputies were struggling on the ground.
    Now, this part initially seems to justify the shooting....if Reinhold really was going for the gun...then that would be enough for the officers to fear for their lives. However, remember that there was no reason to ever stop this man, no reason to initiate physical contact with this man, and no reason for them to tackle him to the ground. It never should have been escalated to this point.

Additionally there's this:

But deputies have said it’s unclear whether Reinhold was able to unholster the weapon. That remains under investigation by the Orange County District Attorney’s Office.
    So it seems even if Reinhold was reaching for the gun...he may not have even be able to unholster it. The photograph that shows him "grabbing the gun" may just have been incidental contact during the struggle.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2021-03-05 at 02:01 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All that over jaywalking. Jesus. And unfortunately another case of When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2021-02-24 at 10:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    All that over jaywalking. Jesus. And unfortunately another care of When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong.
    Yeah, as we can see by this thread, the cops need to stop acting like gang members and harassing people on the street.

https://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-new...outputType=amp

Georgia wants to limit cities and counties abilities to control funding for their police forces, limiting cities abilities to reduce police budgets to only 5% a year.

And here I thought that Republicans would love cities cutting wasteful government spending, or reducing spending by shifting away from more expensive law enforcement, complete with massive settlements, and towards social workers and other services to handle non-law enforcement related events.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-new...outputType=amp

Georgia wants to limit cities and counties abilities to control funding for their police forces, limiting cities abilities to reduce police budgets to only 5% a year.

And here I thought that Republicans would love cities cutting wasteful government spending, or reducing spending by shifting away from more expensive law enforcement, complete with massive settlements, and towards social workers and other services to handle non-law enforcement related events.
    Repubs want lots of government money spent on military, police and walls. They love their guns too. Its almost as of they govern as diaper filling cowards terrified of literally everything that can hurt them.....except a polluted planet and pandemics........
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

So if cops harass, assault, illegally arrest or even kill people of color they are given paid vacations while it is "investigated", maybe fired but generally just move a couple of towns over to join their police force, generally not charged or grand jury fails to indict, and even if they are indicted they are almost guaranteed to be acquitted. Republicans are their staunchest defenders giving them almost blanket immunity from any corruption or terrible thing they do. Yet now in some states they are trying to pass laws if officers try to enforce any new or potentially new federal laws on gun control Republicans are working to remove protections from those officers so they can be sued and fined because Billy Bob can't buy the newest military grade hardware with drum ammo attachment even though he is on a federal watch list.

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — With Democrats controlling the presidency and Congress, Republican state lawmakers concerned about the possibility of new federal gun control laws aren't waiting to react.

Legislation in at least a dozen states seeks to nullify any new restrictions, such as ammunition limits or a ban on certain types of weapons. Some bills would make it a crime for local police officers to enforce federal gun laws.

That can create confusion for officers who often work with federal law enforcement, said Daniel Isom, a former chief of the St. Louis Police Department who is now a senior advisor for Everytown for Gun Safety. Federal law plays a big role in some areas, such as keeping guns away from domestic violence offenders.

Putting local officers in a position to decide which laws to enforce is the last thing police need at a time when cities such as St. Louis are experiencing a rise in violent crime, Isom said.

“This has been an extremely challenging year for both communities and law enforcement, and to ask any more mental strain on officers at this point in time seems to be quite displaced," he said. Gun sales also have set monthly records nationwide since the coronavirus pandemic took hold.

Isom is concerned about a Missouri measure passed by the state House that would allow police departments with officers who enforce federal gun laws to be sued and face a $50,000 fine. It's not the first time Missouri has considered such a bill, but supporters pointed to President Joe Biden taking office as a reason to pass it now.

In Utah, Republican Rep. Cory Maloy also referenced the incoming administration after the state House passed his bill with a similar provision forbidding the enforcement of federal gun laws. Many Republican state lawmakers see attempts to pass federal firearms restrictions as a threat to the Second Amendment.

“We really feel the need to protect those rights,” he said.

Several states passed similar laws under then-president Barack Obama, although judges have ruled against them in court. Most of the latest crop of federal nullification proposals focus on police officers inside their states who primarily enforce state rather than federal laws.

While Biden has called for a ban on assault weapons, any new gun legislation will likely face an uphill climb given the political polarization that has tripped up past administrations. Democratic lawmakers from conservative-leaning states also could join Republicans in opposing new gun restrictions. Any measures likely to pass would have broad support, like background checks on all gun sales, said Everytown President John Feinblatt.

Those dynamics haven't stopped state lawmakers who want to make the first move to protect gun rights in their states. Federal nullification bills have been introduced in more than a dozen other states, including Alabama, Arkansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Wyoming, New Hampshire, North Dakota, South Dakota, West Virginia and Iowa. In Texas, the governor has called for the state to become a Second Amendment sanctuary.

In Arizona, a Senate proposal that passed the chamber on Wednesday would allow officers to be sued for enforcing federal gun restrictions that the state considers violations of the Second Amendment. They potentially could face criminal charges. A bill in the House doesn't include those punishments, but its sponsor, Republican Rep. Leo Biasiucci, said it would be a clear rejection of federal restrictions on assault-style weapons, high-capacity magazines or other firearms.

"They can do that at a federal level, but in Arizona it’s not going to fly,” he said.

His proposal passed the state House last week over the objections of Democrats such as Rep. Daniel Hernandez of Tucson, who was present at the 2011 shooting that severely injured former U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords. If signed into law, the measure would be unconstitutional and lead to an expensive court fight, he said.

Biasiucci compares his plan to Arizona voters' move to legalize recreational marijuana even though it remains against federal law. Gun-control groups see it differently.

“Guns kill people and are used to create a public safety issue, whereas marijuana is really not,” said Allison Anderman, senior counsel with the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence. “What is likely to happen if gun laws are not followed is people get killed as a result.”

Similar measures passed by the Republican Legislature in Montana were vetoed in previous years by the former Democratic governor. Now working with a Republican governor, the state House passed a bill last week to bar state officials from enforcing federal bans on certain firearms, ammunition or magazines.

Under Obama's presidency, the Legislature passed a law in 2009 that made guns and ammunition manufactured in Montana exempt from federal law. It eventually was struck down in court, but several states still followed with their own nullification measures. In 2013, two Kansas men tried to use that state's nullification law to overturn their federal convictions for possessing unregistered firearms, but the challenge was rejected.

“The main issue there is the Supremacy Clause," the part of the Constitution that says federal law supersedes state law, said Jacob Charles, executive director of the Center for Firearms Law at Duke Law School. Even so, the bills focused on what local police can and can't do could pass legal muster.

“States have no obligation to enforce federal law," he said.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-state...140310144.html

I mean a lot of us on this site are all for police being held responsible for their crimes and having blanket immunity removed but not because the zealot gun cultist in this country can't make their weekly tithes to the all powerful god of the gun. So just like pretty much the entire history of this country if you are a minority the police can harass, beat, illegally arrest, and kill you with almost no recourse but hell hath no fury like a Republican gun cultist scorned if they can't get more guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    you are linking to a video that wants age verification by sending in photo id or verify with credit card...
    Pretty sure that wasn't the case when I linked it two weeks ago...but I'll remove the link
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.