10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    There is no "potential crime" what in the fuck are you crying about?
    Once again: you seem to not grasp that it is the judicial system's job to determine what constitutes a crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Suspected/alleged. Believe it or not they're not actually guilty of a crime until they go through the legal process. You know, innocent until proven guilty and all, even if there's video evidence of them committing a crime.

That's not true, and there are strong arguments to be made that they could have either used less-lethal options like a taser, or gone in closer and attempted to grapple/use batons on her hand to get her to drop the knife without killing her.

Weird that it's so consistently a death sentence in the US, but aboard officers frequently are able to neutralize and disarm knife/machete wielding suspects without killing them or using a gun. Very weird.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/3...g-spree-n41966

https://112.international/society/kn...pot-56037.html

https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/...t_16309748.htm

So easy to stop knife wielders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Once again: you seem to not grasp that it is the judicial system's job to determine what constitutes a crime.
    Once again you seem to fail to grasp the fact that it's a cops job to stop crimes in progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this and immediately knew nothing you could possibly say is worth while reading. The cop should re-treat backwards from a suspect lunging at another individual with a knife. SMART.
    Why's he that close? If he's that close, why not try and grapple her?

Also, are you under the impression he was the only officer present? None of the other officers could've taken up a position at a proper range with a taser ready?

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this and immediately knew nothing you could possibly say is worth while reading. The cop should re-treat backwards from a suspect lunging at another individual with a knife. SMART.
    And the best way to save the individual being attacked is to shoot in their close vicinity when there's a very easy risk of missing or overpenetration, clearly. /s

Y'all are wildin.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Man, truly there's nothing that can be done other than resort to deadly violence. Truly.

I suppose that Las Vegas shooter who killed himself before the judicial system arrested him never committed any crimes

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why's he that close? If he's that close, why not try and grapple her?

Also, are you under the impression he was the only officer present? None of the other officers could've taken up a position at a proper range with a taser ready?
    3 seconds. He had 3 seconds to assess a situation with a group of about 6 people. Go watch the video before commenting again because you clearly have not.

Try and stab someone with a knife in front of a cop? Fuck around and find out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even a cop supporter.
    Says the guy supporting officers immediately using lethal force without de-escalating or attempting non-lethal force, to deal with an angry 16-year old.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't evidence that non-American police are less effective at dealing with knife attacks, sweaty. Lol.

Man, truly there's nothing that can be done other than resort to deadly violence. Truly.
    I linked shit because I know you love linking shit and it doesn't always work out in favor of victims when taking down knife wielding suspects.

. <---Point

You are here.

Try to stab someone with a knife in front of cops. Easy case of fuck around and find out.

- - - Updated - - -

Says the guy supporting officers immediately using lethal force without de-escalating or attempting non-lethal force, to deal with an angry 16-year old.
    In one situation when a knife wielding suspect is lunging at someone. Feel free to look at my post history. I am not a cop supporter.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 seconds. He had 3 seconds to assess a situation with a group of about 6 people. Go watch the video before commenting again because you clearly have not.
    Watched the footage. Counted a good 11 seconds between getting out of the car and firing. Where the hell are you getting 3 seconds from?

Try and stab someone with a knife in front of a cop? Fuck around and find out.
    That you keep resorting to "fuck around and find out" is so fucking telling.

Cops aren't murderhobos, dude. Stop applauding them for acting like it.

SO, I'm a bit confused. Who exactly called 911? From the report I saw, the girl doing the attempted stabbing was supposedly the one who called. s that actually the case?

This isn't evidence that non-American police are less effective at dealing with knife attacks, sweaty. Lol.
    It's evidence that trying to stop a knife wielder doesn't always go as planned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try to stab someone with a knife in front of cops. Easy case of fuck around and find out.
    It's funny how you've moved the goalposts from saying that there was no alternative to just blatant "well it doesn't matter because the status quo gives the cops the benefit of the doubt, so nyeh."

Same dishonest bullshit as the people in the Gun Control thread. "Well it doesn't matter that America objectively has too many guns because you'll never be able to get rid of the Second Amendment, so nyeh."

Not sure if it's more childish or tedious. /shrug

Watched the footage. Counted a good 11 seconds between getting out of the car and firing. Where the hell are you getting 3 seconds from?
    What did you count? 1, 2, 11? That's not how numbers work.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's evidence that trying to stop a knife wielder doesn't always go as planned.
    You're missing the part where this is justification for police being able to murder people as long as they claim they feel it was justified, hun.

You're missing the part where this is justification for police being able to murder people as long as they claim they feel it was justified, hun.
    Not murder. try again.

None of these videos have the additional variable of victims, the UK officers had backup, the cop in Seattle was being chased by a guy trying to stab him, the second video the cop repeatedly pleaded for the man to drop the knife and instead the man lunges at the cop.

All so very justified. Trying to kill people carries the consequence of possibly getting killed yourself. Sounds like the world I want to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    None of these videos have the additional variable of victims, the UK officers had backup, the cop in Seattle was being chased by a guy trying to stab him, the second video the cop repeatedly pleaded for the man to drop the knife and instead the man lunges at the cop.

All so very justified. Trying to kill people carries the consequence of possibly getting killed yourself. Sounds like the world I want to live in.
    Yet in both videos they still managed to stop the man without shooting him. Trying to kill someone shouldn't be an instant death sentence.

The officer that shot Bryant had backup, there were two officers there.

Yet in both videos they still managed to stop the man without shooting him. Trying to kill someone shouldn't be an instant death sentence.

The officer that shot Bryant had backup, there were two officers there.
    The risk of that person succeeding is why we give cops guns in the first place.