The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    In that case i hope theres such an establishment done with regards to Kyles cold-bloodedness so as to keep this to your standards.
    No, you really don't - but it's cute that's all you have in the tank to come back after your utterly racist comments. Thanks for making it clear to all of us - not that it was necessary.

Some have noted below that this will be an appeal issue - but it won't. If there's a conviction, the prosecution certainly won't appeal. And if there's an acquittal, that's it, prosecution can't appeal. So judges typically get away with rulings like this that hurt prosecution.

Just a kicker if true. I sorta searched about appeal and this person was in my timeline, so I can't say this is a for sure thing about not being able to appeal.

This is his first post btw, just for reference:

I tried murder cases. It never even came up that we might have to call the victims anything other than "victims." This is crazy and wrong.
    So this person is even appalled by the ruling.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    Not sure where the racism comes from, but those "vicitms" seemed to have been awfully engaged in the happening before being shot.
    Prove it. Because there is no evidence that Rosenbaum or anyone that Rittenhouse murdered were doing anything.

BUT, there is evidence that Rittenhouse pointed his gun at a BLACK GUY trying to leave the protest. Which is what started everything off and why Rosenbaum tried to disarm him most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The judge not allowing "victim" or "alleged victim" but possibly allowing "rioter" or "looter" is one of the most biased and racist decisions I've ever seen. The fact that you even remotely appease this shows your true colors.
    My mind's not made up. I'm still reading up on the history of character revelations in self-defense cases.

And, of course, the jury decides guilt/innocence and whether a crime occurred and there was a victim of the crime.

And with all the bullshit happening in politics these days, people mad at me that I'm not immediately all-in calling the judge's decision "biased and racist" is the least of my worries. Somebody could come in with a 1,000 word piece about how the defense shouldn't be able to use rioter and looter, and all the cases where this was done "in limine," and any supreme court precedent. I may be persuaded from it. Live and learn, and even learn from the racist/sexist/fascist accusation parade. One interesting read at the outset was Bass vs. State.

Also, wtf do you mean "appease this" in the context of a non-lawyer discussing some judge's decision? I'm not trying to appease a judge, he isn't going to try a case of mine, or try me.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

rittenhouse is what james fields jr would have been if he would have committed his murder after the right wing base had been primed more. Hopefully the justice system has the teeth to still deal with filth like him.

Man guns car into counterprotest line, man shoots three after being chased down during days of riots. Same thing, really. Nothing says “like Charlottesville, but with more priming” than chasing an armed man reaching for his gun, jumping on an armed man, and running at an armed man with pistol drawn. The latter two as someone in the chase shouts “get his ass.”

I also think Rittenhouse gets the “rioters” description given by defense counsel no matter who the judge is. The day involved that crowd assaulting the courthouse, police officers, and national guardsmen with rocks, bottles, and fireworks. They were only on the street sporting armed civilians defending businesses because cops had pushed them away from the courthouse after curfew with tear gas and armored trucks. Video shows even afterwards, the crowd were throwing objects and attacking businesses. Rittenhouse’s lawyers will use those circumstances in testimony to establish the probability that Rittenhouse would be severely injured or killed had he not defended himself with the weapon.

This is seriously not the hill to die on for anti-police violence crowd. It goes far beyond the common sensical criticism of Rittenhouse deciding to arm himself and go to the streets of Kenosha. Pending any revelations we don’t know about yet, I’d say he is found not guilty of all homicide charges and found guilty of possessing a firearm as a minor and violating curfew.
    Last edited by tehdang; 2021-10-28 at 04:53 PM.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    I also think Rittenhouse gets the “rioters” description given by defense counsel no matter who the judge is. The day involved that crowd assaulting the courthouse, police officers, and national guardsmen with rocks, bottles, and fireworks.
    Were the victims in that crowd? If not, that's beyond bullshit. We could similarly argue that Rittenhouse should be allowed to be referred to as a violent, out of state white supremacist given that he was hanging out with white supremacist groups and traveled to the city/state armed with an illegal weapon.

I mean, if we're just going to make these kinds of overly gross generalizations (bonus points for Rittenhouse ACTUALLY hanging with white supremacists AFTER his multiple murders) why not be equal in their applications?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Man guns car into counterprotest line, man shoots three after being chased down during days of riots. Same thing, really.
    In that the Charlottesville terrorist you're talking about was convicted of first-degree murder, eight counts of malicious wounding, hit and run, and 29 related federal hate crime charges? And was sentenced to life in prison plus 419 years? Narrowly avoiding the death penalty by pleading out to the hate crime charges?

Cool. I'm sure the rest of your post is going to be condemnatory towards Rittenhouse, then.

Nothing says “like Charlottesville, but with more priming” than chasing an armed man reaching for his gun, jumping on an armed man, and running at an armed man with pistol drawn. The latter two as someone in the chase shouts “get his ass.”

I also think Rittenhouse gets the “rioters” description given by defense counsel no matter who the judge is. The day involved that crowd assaulting the courthouse, police officers, and national guardsmen with rocks, bottles, and fireworks. They were only on the street sporting armed civilians defending businesses because cops had pushed them away from the courthouse after curfew with tear gas and armored trucks. Video shows even afterwards, the crowd were throwing objects and attacking businesses. Rittenhouse’s lawyers will use those circumstances in testimony to establish the probability that Rittenhouse would be severely injured or killed had he not defended himself with the weapon.
    Oh. You're pushing counter-factual bullshit, and lying about what went down in Charlottesville, then. Nuts. I thought you were being sensible for a moment.

In non-Kyle Rittenhouse news, a NY state trooper who intentionally rammed and flipped a car with two children in it, killing one of them, is getting charged with second degree murder:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/monica-...ooper-charged/

"Police officers are entrusted to protect and serve, but Trooper Baldner allegedly violated that trust when he used his car as a deadly weapon and killed a young girl," [Attorney General Letitia] James said. "While nothing will bring Monica back, we must hold law enforcement to the highest standards, which is why my office is committed to seeking justice in this case."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    In non-Kyle Rittenhouse news, a NY state trooper who intentionally rammed and flipped a car with two children in it, killing one of them, is getting charged with second degree murder:
    And he'd done it before too. I'm curious why he deployed pepper spray for a minor traffic stop to begin with, will have to see if I can dig something up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Hopefully this case will have a lot of reporters copying down the information relevant to the case that surfaces in court.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The sheer volume of ignorance expressed in the above is staggering.

They are victims because they were shot in cold blood. They are neither looters nor rioters because that hasn't been established in any court of law. The rest of your problems are going to have to be sorted out by others.

It's adorable that you don't see how this entire thing is based on racism.
    The judge says otherwise as do many people with a sense of decency. This is not a hill you wish to die on. If you want Trump back as president in 2024 just keep on what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    people with a sense of decency
    Pretends to be a decent person. Agrees that victims of a crime shouldn't be called "victims." Seems legit.

And I'm not sure what you think the re-election of a worthless con man has to do with any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Pretends to be a decent person. Agrees that victims of a crime shouldn't be called "victims." Seems legit.

And I'm not sure what you think the re-election of a worthless con man has to do with any of this.
    They generally use the word "decent" to denote anyone defending the racial order. "Looter," "rioter," "arsonist" denotes everyone else.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The judge: "The word victims is a loaded, loaded word."
    However the strategic this statements is, id consider it true.
    Red poppy or white poppy? And if white, Germans too?

The judge says otherwise as do many people with a sense of decency. This is not a hill you wish to die on. If you want Trump back as president in 2024 just keep on what you are doing.
    the judge has made it perfectly clear he's going to do everything in his power to hand that little shit an innocent verdict. he's told prosecutors they can't even use evidence in the case that frames what was on Rittenhouse's mind during the night of the shooting. which was he was out for blood one way or another.

of course one would ask what sort of precedent that sets where we allow minors to carry guns across state lines and shoot people in the name of defending a CVS store but we all know these things only apply to white men and literally no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    of course one would ask what sort of precedent that sets where we allow minors to carry guns across state lines and shoot people in the name of defending a CVS store but we all know these things only apply to white men and literally no one else.
    I for one would love to see some more roof korean action but even colorism is getting blamed on huwhite supremacy

right.... because human lives clearly mean less than property. what a healthy society we live in. never mind the dog shit take that racism is only a thing "white" people engage in...

10+ Year Old Account
    The judge says otherwise as do many people with a sense of decency.
    No decent person opposes labelling a homicide victim as a "victim".

This is not a hill you wish to die on. If you want Trump back as president in 2024 just keep on what you are doing.
    Can't defend your point with reason and logic, so make empty, vague threats and hope people shut up?

Cool beans.

the judge has made it perfectly clear he's going to do everything in his power to hand that little shit an innocent verdict. he's told prosecutors they can't even use evidence in the case that frames what was on Rittenhouse's mind during the night of the shooting. which was he was out for blood one way or another.
    Cry me a river. Emotional mindset is not a valid way to proof your case. Thats emotional manipulation and the judge slapped that down hard. And it shows how desperate the prosecution is.

I find support of BLM a far worse precedent. Lets support an organization thats has caused millions in damage has utterly corrupt leaders and their plans are completely shite and has caused great harm to the black community.