Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How much gold from quests are available in the game?

Hi there.

So I really want the Warframe for my Lightforged Paladin. It costs like 545k at exalted. I never been good with gold and combined on alliance across 15 120s I have 20k.

And the same for my 15 120 on horde side.

I have some questions:

If I do all the quests in all the zones, how much gold would I make from that? At least from the later expansions you get like 20g or so from each quest. So it might be quite a bit.

I know this sounds completely insane but if I smash through all the quests in the game on all my 15 horde characters, that should accumilate to some gold right?

And is it possible to get this gold over to my alliance characters on another server? I assume I could buy a wow token for gold on the horde side, which gets added to my account balance, then sell it on the alliance side or something?

PS: I know there are many many easier ways to earn gold in the game, I just want to do it this way because... Reasons...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Hi there.

So I really want the Warframe for my Lightforged Paladin. It costs like 545k at exalted. I never been good with gold and combined on alliance across 15 120s I have 20k.

I have some questions:

If I do all the quests in all the zones, how much gold would I make from that? At least from the later expansions you get like 20g or so from each quest. So it might be quite a bit.

I know this sounds completely insane but if I smash through all the quests in the game on all my 15 horde characters, that should accumilate to some gold right?

And is it possible to get this gold over to my alliance characters on another server? I assume I could buy a wow token for gold on the horde side, which gets added to my account balance, then sell it on the alliance side or something?

PS: I know there are many many easier ways to earn gold in the game, I just want to do it this way because... Reasons...
    Well, it varies, but the average quest at 120 is about 23g.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

This is insane. Please don't do it this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Some, but not that much. Not even close.

It's also a colossal waste of time. You're much better off simply getting some gathering professions and doing laps for hours and hours, selling the materials. Something of high value and constant demand like Zin'anthid herbs in Nazjatar, for example.

There's many other ways of making lots of gold, of course, but just gathering the most profitable herb/ore is something that requires nothing other than time. Most everything else needs some amount of skill or other kind of investment.

Or you could of course just think about how much your time is worth, and whether or not it wouldn't make more sense to just fork over 5 WoW tokens worth of actual money. That's a subjective decision, of course.

Hi there.

I have some questions:

Easiest way would be find something that sells on the AH and farm the materials like sell flasks, but instead of questing on 15 chars if you do all raids in WotLK/Cata and Pandaria it should net you 15k per toon once a week, add legion raids also and could be somewhere 20k per toon. Its at least a little more fun and you have chances to get rare mounts, just doing raids and look at current and previous expansion world quests that offer decent rewards.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-04 at 02:24 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    This is insane. Please don't do it this way.
    Why not?

Why not?
    This would probably be one of the slowest ways to raise 545k gold.

Even though it is the end of an expansion and lots of people taking breaks until shadowlands farming the highest price herbs and selling them on the AH would be a lot faster.

Im not sure how many of your toons have good rep - but just doing the 4 wq dailies for the emissary quest will often reward 4k+ gold when you hit the bonus 10k rep. 4k gold is equivalent to 200 quests at 20 gold. This way is also not efficient but way better than doing old quests for gold.

Farming old raids can raise a lot of gold - and is pretty fast. You want to go with empty bags.

Why not?
    Because it's the slowest way to do it

Buying gold is fastest.
    Farming is the next fastest.
    Running all of the old raids probably gets you about 20k gold per character plus approx 6k from invasions and WQ a week. Takes less time in game than questing but is gated irl.
    Doing old quests is slowest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Run all WoD Raids at all difficulties and sell every item you get

Highmaul awards between 1800g and 2300g per run
    Blackrock Foundry and Hellfire Citadel awards between 2800g and 3000g per run
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I mean, I've seen a lot of people play the game incredibly inefficiently, but farming 500k+ through...questing? This is...new.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Hi there.

I have some questions:

If you want cheap gold. Farm legacy raids, farm herbs, farm ores, craft flasks/pots with proc stone, do emissary caches that reward gold.
    If you do WoD raids on your 15 chars then you could easily net 35-45k in total across those characters per raid, it's mindnumbingly boring but it's gold and an excuse to chase Foundry/Hellfire on Mythic for the mounts

It's not worth it, seriously. You could make a sizable sum of gold, but it wouldn't be enough to cover the expense you're aiming for. The biggest issue though is the time investment. If you do 200 quests, assuming each of those quests awards 23g, you would only make 4,600g (excluding quest rewards). That's roughly the same amount you could make from a single clear of HFC or BRF, and you could do both on all three difficulties on every character and nearly have the amount you need for the mount in a day. Another good place I've found for money is Normal Maw of Souls. You can do a clear in 3 minutes and get 4 epics each time. When you hit lockout just switch characters.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post

Buying gold is fastest.
    Running all of the old raids probably gets you about 20k gold per character plus approx 6k from invasions and WQ a week. Takes less time in game than questing but is gated irl.
    Not quite.

Buying gold is fastest as you earn more money per hour in real world.
    Second best method is playing AH. Still unbeatable if you got it set up and have knowledge. By far unbeatable
    Then boosts if you have good char and group. 100-150k per 40-50 minutes to split on 4.
    Then crafting - tons of ways to earn a lot especially if you do also food.
    Then farming herbs.
    Then fishing.
    Then doing emissaries that rewards gold on multiple chars with flying
    Then running old raids, cause it still takes way more time including traveling than just doing 4 WQs.
    but yeah, doing old quests is worst idea.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post

Buying gold is fastest.
    Slowest, but least mind-numbingly boring and soul crushing.

Quote Originally Posted by irdsyd View Post
    Farming old raids can raise a lot of gold - and is pretty fast. You want to go with empty bags.
    Just a note on this. Most (all?) epics will be mailed to you after a run if you leave them behind. Depending on the expansion you might actually receive every piece of loot from greys on up that you left on boss corpses (I’m looking at you, MC). So you really don’t need THAT much bag space unless you also plan on looting all the trash as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
    Slowest, but least mind-numbingly boring and soul crushing.
    Doing all the quests in the game on multiple characters = not boring? Dude what the fuck

10+ Year Old Account
    My general rule of thumb is ~5k gold for leveling in each expansion. So maybe a total of ~10-15k per expansion for doing quests.

You'd likely get more money faster farming raids

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're strapped on cash and not good with professions or playing the auction house, just run old raids for gear to vendor, pets to sell and gold to get

Even better is to do the Shadowmourne questline, where you can get some well-wanted items you can sell for 20.000-70.000 each if you're lucky!

10+ Year Old Account
    What I've done with my 13 120's on a single realm is I login each day to check for gold emissaries. If one of them is up, I'll do them on all 13 120's and it's 26k gold in an hour~. Sometimes there's 2 gold emissaries and they overlap like they're drustvar and 7th legion and there's an assault in drustvar. Those are the best because I get 52k gold in just over an hour.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Farm trash in antorous on mythic, those shoulders still go for 200k+. ive earned around 500k on 3x not long ago.