Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Dungeon Set 0.5 - Thoughts?

When will this be released?

Is it worth getting? Which classes?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

They SHOULD be coming in p5 as they came in 1.10 and 1.11-1.12 is p6

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    When will this be released?

Is it worth getting? Which classes?
    Heard the rogue set is pretty good.

I think rogues are the only ones with a good set.

They're crap designed for an era where Blizzard refused to make item names purple on anything you could get outside of a raid unless it involved an absurd amount of tedium. Rogue set is only good for the 4-piece set bonus which limits your gear selection by forcing you to keep set pieces the same way the set bonus for Shadowcraft does

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    I think rogues are the only ones with a good set.
    Doesn't matter, the quest chain was the content not the rewards at the end. You even get a raid10 boss for the chest quest.

Reminder : these sets were designed for people who didn't had raid gear, and to be rounded gear useful for all spec of a class.
    In this role, they were actually VERY good.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not bad, but for the majority of classes (basically everything but rogues) it's another layer of gear you can get if you somehow aren't kitted out in raid gear, and/or have been extremely unlucky. It's actually pretty 'expensive' to make too.

15 years ago it was extremely welcome because guilds clearing Ragnaros and having some progression in BWL was considered pretty good, so options were always nice. These days basically everything is puggable, which wasn't the case then.

I don't remember exactly how strong the rogue set is, but it fixes the only 'problem' with rogues in vanilla, being that they there's no way to increase the amount of resources they generate. Part of the reason the set is extremely strong is because fights are pretty short, and random energy procs can give you a pretty big DPS increase. Also the other reason is a lot of the rogue set gear (T1/T2) is itemized TERRIBLY on some pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be fun to do. But not thousands of gold worth of fun. I've got better things to burn gold on.